Green Apple And Ginger Chutney
TANGY APPLE-GINGER CHUTNEY
For an afternoon snack, we spread this tangy chutney over a bagel with cream cheese. For more kick, add black pepper, red pepper and cumin. -Aysha Schurman, Ammon, Idaho
Recipe From tasteofhome.com
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 3 cups.
- In a 6-qt. stockpot, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add red onion, sweet red pepper and green onions; cook and stir 3 minutes. Add apples and banana peppers; cook and stir 3 minutes longer., Stir in remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer, uncovered, 30-35 minutes or until liquid is almost evaporated, stirring occasionally. Serve warm or cold. Refrigerate leftovers.
Number Of Ingredients: 17
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 medium McIntosh apples, peeled and chopped
- 1 small Granny Smith apple, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pickled banana peppers
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1 cup apple cider or juice
- 2/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
OLD FASHIONED SCOTTISH APPLE AND GINGER CHUTNEY
A delightful apple chutney with the added kick of ginger. I make this every autumn when I harvest my apples from the garden - you can use windfall apples too. Chutney is such an interesting preserve as it combines sweet and savoury flavours, making it an ideal accompaniment for a range of dishes such as cold meats, salami, ham, pasties, pies and is essential in a traditional Ploughman's Lunch! I also add chutney to my curries, tagines and winter stews. The word chutney is derived from the Hindu word "chatni" meaning strongly spiced. Try to use good cooking apples with plenty of flavour and taste for the best results. This is based on a family recipe and is a mellow and mild type of chutney.
Recipe From food.com
Provided by French Tart
Yield 4 lbs
- Place all the prepared onions and apples into a large preserving pan and add the remaining ingredients.
- Bring slowly to the boil and then lower the heat so that chutney cooks at a rolling boil.
- Stir the chutney regularly and make sure it does not "catch" and burn on the base of the preserving pan.
- Keep on cooking until the chutney is the consistency of a thick jam and all the liquids have dissolved.
- (A trick to check if it is cooked is to draw your wooden spoon across the chutney, if the space that is left fills up with liquid, the chutney is not ready yet!).
- Spoon the hot chutney into hot and sterile jars and seal immediately.
- Makes about 4 lbs chutney.
- Store in a dark and cool place and leave to mature for at least 2 weeks.
- Will keep in ideal storage conditions for up to 2 years+.
Number Of Ingredients: 11
- 1 lb onion, weight is for onions when peeled and finely chopped
- 2 lbs cooking apples, weight is for apples when peeled, cored and roughly chopped
- 4 ounces sultanas
- 1 ounce fresh gingerroot, grated
- 1 teaspoon dried ginger powder
- 2 teaspoons mixed spice
- 1 lb soft brown sugar
- 1/2 pint malt vinegar
- 1/2 pint cider apple cider vinegar
- 1/2-1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
APPLE GINGER CHUTNEY
Recipe From epicurious.com
Yield Makes about 6 cups
Categories Fruit,Ginger,Raisin,Apple,Bell Pepper,Fall,Gourmet
- In a large saucepan combine the apples, the onion, the vinegar, the brown sugar, the raisins, the gingerroot, the bell pepper, the mustard, the salt, and the red pepper flakes, bring the mixture to a boil, stirring, and cook it over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, for 40 minutes, or until it is thickened. Spoon the chutney into glass jars with tight-fitting lids. The chutney keeps, covered and chilled, for 2 weeks.
Number Of Ingredients: 10
- 4 large Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, and chopped
- 2 cups minced onion
- 1 1/2 cups cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup minced peeled fresh gingerroot
- 1 red bell pepper, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoons dried hot red pepper flakes
GREEN APPLE AND COCONUT CHUTNEY
This is a delicious Indian, fresh-tasting, sweet and sour chutney to eat with dosa. For more chutney, add more yogurt or apple. You can garnish with cilantro if you wish.
Recipe From allrecipes.com
Provided by Philacooks
Categories Side Dish,Sauces and Condiments Recipes,Chutney Recipes
- Blend apple, yogurt, coconut, 2 tablespoons chopped onion, green chile pepper, lemon juice, and ginger in a blender until smooth; transfer chutney to a serving bowl.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add mustard seeds to hot oil and cook until seeds start to pop, 2 to 4 minutes. Add 1 teaspoon sliced onion and curry leaf to mustard seeds; fry until onion is golden brown, 5 to 10 minutes. Pour seasoned oil mixture over chutney; season with salt.
Number Of Ingredients: 12
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cored
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- ½ cup grated raw coconut
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 green chile pepper
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice, or to taste
- ⅛ teaspoon fresh ginger, or more to taste
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon mustard seed
- 1 teaspoon sliced onion
- 1 curry leaf
- salt to taste
FRESH FIG AND GINGER CHUTNEY FROM THE AUBERGE
When my two fig trees are in season, I struggle to cope with the amount of fruit they produce..........a rather nice problem I have to admit! We eat figs fresh with nearly every meal; I make jams, conserves and also bottle the fruit in liquor. However, this is one of my favourite ways of using some of my fresh figs, and this chutney is just amazing when served with the cheese board or with cold meats and charcuterie. Ginger has a natural affinity with fresh figs and gives this chutney an extra layer of flavour. This chutney does not keep as long as some other fruit chutneys, but that never seems to be a problem, as we eat most of it quite quickly and I always have numerous requests from family and friends for a pot or two when I make it! This intense chutney really captures the fruit's rich sweetness perfectly and is capable of turning a simple toasted sandwich into something rather special.......it's great with all types of cheese.
Recipe From food.com
Provided by French Tart
Yield 5 350g Jars
- Combine all the ingredients in a large saucepan. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat, and simmer, covered, for 30 minutes.
- Uncover the pan and continue simmering for about an hour and a half, stirring often, until the chutney is reduced, thick and richly flavoured. If the chutney becomes too dry, add a splash of water. Taste and correct the seasoning, adding brown sugar, vinegar, or chilli flakes as needed. (Sometimes, depending on the water in the figs, this chutney can take over 2 hours to reduce.).
- Spoon into sterilised jars and seal. The chutney will keep for up to 8 or 9 months, unopened, in a cool, dark place. Once opened, refrigerate and use within 4 weeks.
Number Of Ingredients: 12
- 850 g fresh figs, chopped
- 400 g dried figs, chopped
- 3 large red onions, finely chopped
- 3 medium bramley apples
- 40 g fresh gingerroot, cut into fine matchsticks
- 2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 1 pinch dried chili pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
- 700 g demerara sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 800 ml red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
More recipes about Green Apple and Ginger Chutney recipes
Green Apple and Ginger Chutney - Food Network
Recipe From : foodnetwork.co.uk1 pound green apples, cored and diced into 1/2-inch cubes 1 (6-inch thumb) fresh ginger, peeled, sliced into thin planks, then sliced again into thin matchsticks (about 1/2 cup) 1/2 cup sugar 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar ...Show details
Green apple and ginger chutney recipe
Recipe From : crecipe.comGreen apple and ginger chutney recipe. Learn how to cook great Green apple and ginger chutney . Crecipe.com deliver fine selection of quality Green apple and ginger chutney recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips. Get one of our Green apple and ginger chutney recipe and prepare delicious and healthy treat for your family or friends. ...Show details
Apple ginger chutney recipe - All recipes UK
Recipe From : allrecipes.co.ukIn a saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring to the boil, reduce heat, and cover. Simmer 30 to 45 minutes, stirring frequently, until the apples are tender. Immediately spoon the chutney … ...Show details
Apple & Ginger Chutney | Donal Skehan | EAT LIVE GO
Recipe From : donalskehan.comApple and Ginger are a match made in heaven and go wonderfully together in this chutney. Transfer the chutney into jars, label them and they make wonderful homemade gifts. The chutney is great with leftover Christmas ham. ...Show details
Apple ginger chutney recipe
Recipe From : crecipe.comApple ginger chutney recipe. Learn how to cook great Apple ginger chutney . Crecipe.com deliver fine selection of quality Apple ginger chutney recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips. Get one of our Apple ginger chutney recipe and prepare delicious and healthy treat for your family or friends. Good appetite! ...Show details
Easy apple chutney-Indian style | A quick under 30 minutes
Recipe From : greenbowl2soul.comOct 19, 2020 · Heat oil in a pot and add mustard seeds. When the seeds start spluttering add ginger and raisins. Saute for a few seconds and then add the apples. Add chili flakes, cinnamon powder, pepper powder… ...Show details
Indian Apple Ginger Chutney (12 minutes) Video Recipe
Recipe From : easycookingwithmolly.comJan 15, 2019 · Heat oil in a large pot. Add ginger, 3 cloves and saute for 30-40 seconds. Now add apple and saute for 2 minutes on low heat. Now add sugar, vinegar and saute for another minute (apple will begin to soften now). ...Show details
Green Tomato Chutney w/ Apples, Golden Raisins and Ginger
Recipe From : everydayhealthyeverydaydelicious.comGreen Tomato Chutney w/ Apples, Golden Raisins & Ginger. I hadn’t planned on canning the Green Tomato Chutney. It was so tasty, though, and as canning is so easy, I changed my mind. I’ve included some basic canning guidelines at the end of the recipe. For more thorough instructions visit this site. Otherwise, place the chutney into clean ... ...Show details
Green Apple and Mango Ginger Chutney - Sirimiri
Recipe From : sirimiri.inMar 22, 2020 · I had some crisp Green Apples and fragrant Mango-Ginger on hand. I wanted to use them both to whip up something novel. After googling a lot of recipes, I compiled my own version. Here it is. This chutney … ...Show details
Rhubarb and Apple Chutney Recipe - olivemagazine
Recipe From : olivemagazine.comMar 25, 2015 · Step 1 Put all the ingredients except the apple and rhubarb in a large pan with 1 tsp salt. Heat gently until the sugar has dissolved then boil for 10 minutes. Add the apple and rhubarb then cook gently for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. ...Show details
The Autumn Garden, Windfalls and Old Fashioned Scottish
Recipe From : lavenderandlovage.comSep 20, 2011 · A delightful apple chutney with the added kick of ginger. I make this every autumn when I harvest the apples from my garden – you can use windfall apples too. Chutney is such an interesting preserve as it combines sweet and savoury flavours, making it an ideal accompaniment for a range of dishes such as cheese, sandwiches, cold meats, salami ... ...Show details
Cranberry Chutney with Apples - The Bossy Kitchen
Recipe From : thebossykitchen.comOct 03, 2018 · This Cranberry Chutney with Apples could be a delicious addition to every year Thanksgiving celebration.The combination of raisins, apples, dried apricots, orange juice and ginger is a symphony of flavors that will win your heart. If you try this recipe … ...Show details
Cranberry and green apple chutney Recipe - Los Angeles Times
Recipe From : latimes.comJan 07, 2004 · Add the apple, sugar, vinegar, nigella seeds, ginger, cinnamon stick, chiles, bay leaf, cayenne, cloves and peppercorns and cook until the mixture is a thick, jam-like consistency, adding … ...Show details
Apple Ginger Chutney Recipe - Profusion Curry
Recipe From : profusioncurry.comNov 17, 2020 · Apple Ginger Chutney is sweet, sour, savory and tangy condiment. This chutney recipe is easy to prepare in under 30 minutes. It surely will brighten up any meal with it’s flavor explosion. Sweet and tangy apples are paired with bits and pieces of ginger to make an unusual but delicious combination. This chutney can be served warm or cold. ...Show details
Greengage Chutney | How to make, by Rosie Makes Jam Recipes
Recipe From : recipes.rosiemakesjam.comSep 01, 2017 · Peel and core the apples, chop to the same size as the onions and add both to the pan; De-seed the chilli and slice thinly, peel and slice the garlic as well - add to the pan, giving it a stir; Peel the ginger, slice thinly, then into thin strips - add to the pan ...Show details
10 Best Date and Apple Chutney Recipes | Yummly
Recipe From : yummly.comgreen apples, cooking oil, cloves, green cardamom, chutney, chutney and 13 more Cranberry Apple Chutney Savory Nature salt, onion, water, ground cloves, fresh cranberries, brown sugar and 4 more ...Show details
Green Apple & Coriander Chutney ~ Indian Khana
Recipe From : indiankhana.netMay 10, 2010 · Green Apple & Coriander Chutney This one has been one of the regular whenever I have old leftover green apple.I tried this and that of everything few times and concluded the below gives the best, easy and tasty chutney. ...Show details
Green Tomato-Apple Chutney - David Lebovitz
Recipe From : davidlebovitz.comJul 09, 2011 · When I was growing up on a farm in Ireland we made green tomato chutney and apple chutney from left over tomatoes which would not ripen. We made it with malt vinegar and would keep for at least three months before eating. Cider vinegar is more mellow but keep chutney force while before eating. Chutney … ...Show details
Savory Moments: Green tomato and apple chutney
Recipe From : savorymomentsblog.comNov 04, 2013 · Green tomato and apple chutney 3 lbs. firm green tomatoes 2 lbs. firm tart apples 2 cups raisins (I used black) 1-1/2 cups diced onions (I used red) 2 teaspoons finely minced garlic 2 cups packed light brown suga 1 cup granulated sugar 2 teaspoons pickling salt (I used sea salt) 1-1/2 cups apple cider vinegar 2 tablespoons freshly grated ginger ... ...Show details
Apple, Ginger and Cherry Chutney - Recipe - Stoneledge
Recipe From : stoneledge.farmIn 4-quart saucepan with lid, combine all chutney ingredients. Cover. Over medium high heat, bring mixture to a boil (7 to 10 minutes); reduce heat to low. Continue cooking at low until mixture is thick, and apples are tender and soft (35 to 40 minutes). Serve with apple slices, Brie or Cheddar cheese, or serve on crackers. Refrigerate leftovers. ...Show details
Coriander, chili and apple chutney | Authentic Vegetarian
Recipe From : givemesomespice.comSep 17, 2018 · Green chutney is one of the most popular freshley made chutneys in India. It is usually made with fresh coriander and green chilies. Ginger, garlic and something sour like mango or lemon is also added to the mixture and blended to form a dip often referred to as the green chutney (lili chutney). ...Show details