Grilled Flank Steak With Onions
GRILLED BALSAMIC FLANK STEAK WITH PEPPERS AND ONIONS
Flank is a flavorful, lean cut of steak that's sliced thin and served. Make the deep, savory marinade ahead of time and let it work its magic on the meat for up to two days in the fridge. It makes party time a cinch, as the steak cooks in just 10 minutes (and this recipe can easily be doubled-or tripled to feed a crowd.)
Recipe From marthastewart.com
Provided by Martha Stewart
Yield Serves 4 to 6
Categories Food & Cooking,Recipes by Ingredient,Meat & Poultry,Beef Recipes
- Generously season steak with salt and pepper. In a large resealable bag, combine vinegar, Worcestershire, mustard, brown sugar, and oil. Rub rosemary sprigs between your palms for a few seconds to release oils, then transfer to bag. Add steak, onion, and bell peppers; remove excess air from bag, seal, and shake until marinade evenly coats meat and vegetables. Refrigerate at least 12 hours and up to 2 days.
- Remove steak and vegetables from refrigerator 1 hour before grilling. Preheat grill for direct-heat cooking. Brush grates with oil. Using tongs, remove steak from bag, allowing excess marinade to drip back in. Grill, turning a few times, until charred in places and a thermometer inserted into thickest part registers 125 degrees for medium-rare, 8 to 12 minutes, depending on thickness. Transfer to a plate; tent with foil and let stand at least 10 minutes before slicing. Meanwhile, remove vegetables from marinade and grill, turning a few times, until charred in places and tender, 10 to 12 minutes. Toast bread on grill just until charred and crisp in places, about 1 minute a side. Thinly slice steak; serve with vegetables and bread.
Number Of Ingredients: 11
- 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 pounds flank steak, patted dry and pierced at approximately 1 1/2-inch intervals with the tines of a fork
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 2 tablespoons light-brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for grill
- 3 rosemary sprigs
- 1 large sweet onion, such as Vidalia, cut into scant 1/2-inch-thick rounds
- 2 red or orange bell peppers, stems, ribs, and seeds removed, cut into scant 1/2-inch-thick rounds
- Crusty bread, for serving (optional)
GRILLED FLANK STEAK
A very simple yet delicious recipe for grilled flank steak that most everyone will enjoy.
Recipe From allrecipes.com
Provided by RainbowJewels
Categories Meat and Poultry Recipes,Beef,Steaks,Flank Steak Recipes
- Combine olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, and chili powder in a small bowl to make a paste. Rub 1/2 of the paste on each side of the flank steak and wrap tightly with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat a gas grill for high heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Sear the steak for 3 minutes, turning counter-clockwise once after 1 1/2 minutes to create grill marks. Flip steak over and sear an additional 3 minutes. Reduce flame to medium-high and continue to cook 5 minutes more for medium-well, or until desired temperature.
- Remove steak from grill and let rest 10 minutes before slicing.
Number Of Ingredients: 8
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper to taste
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 (1 1/2-pound) flank steak
GRILLED FLANK STEAK WITH RED WINE SAUCE
Marinated and grilled flank steak with a buttery red wine and green onion sauce. Serve with rice, potatoes or anything that will absorb the sauce on the plate, and lots of crusty bread (for sopping up the remaining sauce)!
Recipe From allrecipes.com
Provided by mjolah
Categories Meat and Poultry Recipes,Beef,Steaks,Flank Steak Recipes
- Combine soy sauce, garlic powder, salt, and pepper in a shallow bowl and marinate flank steak for 2 hours.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Remove flank steak from marinade and grill until slightly crusty on the outside but only medium warm on the inside, about 8 minutes per side. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 130 degrees F (54 degrees C). Remove, cover, and let rest for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat and cook green onions until tender, about 5 minutes. Add red wine and increase heat. Bring sauce to a simmer and cook for 5 to 10 minutes until all the alcohol has evaporated. Season with salt and pepper.
- Slice steak as thinly as possible and arrange on a platter. Add any juices from the steak to the sauce and drizzle sauce over steak, reserving some of the sauce to serve at the table.
Number Of Ingredients: 7
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 1 pinch garlic powder to taste
- 1 pinch salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 (1 1/2-pound) flank steak
- ½ cup butter
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 ½ cups red wine
STEAK WITH CARAMELIZED ONIONS
Caramelized onions splashed with balsamic vinegar makes a full-flavored, lower-calorie alternative to a high-fat sauce.
Recipe From food.com
Provided by mielhollinger
Yield 4 serving(s)
- In a medium skillet melt butter over medium-low heat.
- Add onions and garlic.
- Cook, covered, for 13-15 minutes or until onions are tender.
- Add brown sugar and salt.
- Cook, uncovered, over medium-high heat 4-5 minutes or until onions are golden brown, stirring constantly.
- Meanwhile, cut meat into 4 serving-size pieces.
- Sprinkle pepper on both sides of each meat piece.
- Place on the unheated rack of a boiler pan.
- Broil 3 inches from the heat to desired doneness, turning once.
- (Allow 10-12 minutes for medium rare.) Stir vinegar into onions.
- Spoon onion mixture over steak.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
Number Of Ingredients: 9
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb boneless beef top sirloin steak, trimmed of fat
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh parsley
GRILLED FLANK STEAK WITH SUMMER RELISH
My garden produces a nice harvest of tomatoes, scallions, corn, garlic and poblanos, so that's what I use to make relish for this tasty steak. -Brenda Washnock, Negaunee, Michigan
Recipe From tasteofhome.com
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
- Mix garlic, salt, rosemary and oil; rub over both sides of steak. Let stand at least 30 minutes. Meanwhile, brush corn, onions, tomatoes and poblano with 1 tablespoon oil. Grill, covered, over medium-high heat 5-10 minutes or until vegetables are charred and tender, turning occasionally., Grill steak, covered, over medium heat 5-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°). Let stand 5 minutes., When corn is cool enough to handle, cut kernels from cobs; place in a large bowl. Remove skin and seeds from tomatoes and poblano. Chop onions, tomatoes and poblano; add to bowl. Gently stir in avocado, vinegar, salt and remaining oil. Thinly slice steak across the grain. Serve with relish.
Number Of Ingredients: 14
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 beef flank steak (1-1/2 pounds)
- 4 large ears sweet corn, husks removed
- 4 green onions
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 1 poblano pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
GRILLED FLANK STEAK, ONION AND BELL PEPPER SANDWICHES
Recipe From epicurious.com
Yield Serves 12
Categories Sandwich,Onion,Steak,Bell Pepper,Summer,Grill/Barbecue,Bon Appétit
- Combine first 7 ingredients in large bowl. Divide steaks, bell peppers and red onions among large shallow pans. Pour marinade over. Turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate 3 to 6 hours.
- Prepare barbecue (high heat). Drain steaks and vegetables. Grill steaks to desired degree of doneness, about 4 minutes per side for rare. Transfer to platter. Grill vegetables until beginning to brown, about 4 minutes per side. Slice steaks thinly across grain. Arrange steaks and vegetable on large platter. Serve with grilled rolls, allowing diners to assemble sandwiches.
Number Of Ingredients: 11
- 3 cups dry red wine
- 3 cups chopped onions
- 2 1/4 cups soy sauce
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 8 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 1/2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 4 1/2 pounds flank steaks
- 6 large bell peppers (red, yellow and/or green), cut into 3/8-inch wide strips
- 3 large red onions, cut into 1/2-inch-thick rings
- Grilled French Bread Rolls
More recipes about Grilled Flank Steak With Onions recipes
Flank Steak With Onions Recipe - The Spruce Eats
Recipe From : thespruceeats.comCombine vinegar, mustard, salt, black pepper, allspice, rosemary and oil in large, shallow glass dish. Add steak and onions; turn to coat. Let stand 15 minutes. Grill steak and onions 12 to 16 minutes (depending on thickness and desired doneness), turning a few time and … ...Show details
Grilled Flank Steak With Onions Recipe - Food.com
Recipe From : food.comJul 03, 2005 · Seal the bag and refrigerate for a minimum of 8 hours, turning the bag occasionally. To cook: Heat the grill. Remove the onions from the marinade, place them in an oven-proof dish and bake them (covered) for 20-30 minutes at 350 degrees. Grill the meat, turning once. ...Show details
Grilled Flank Steak with Red Onions - Slender Kitchen
Recipe From : slenderkitchen.comSep 07, 2017 · Medium rare is 135 degrees, medium is 145 degrees, and well done is 165 degrees. Flank steak can get tough if it overcooks, so I recommend medium rare or medium. Tips for Making Grilled Flank Steak with Red Onions. Looking for a vegetarian option: Instead of the flank steak … ...Show details
Grilled Flank Steak & Onions, Avocado, & Tomatoes Recipe
Recipe From : myrecipes.comMay 11, 2011 · Cut steak diagonally across grain into thin slices. Add tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper to onions; toss gently to combine. Divide steak evenly among 6 plates; top with 1/2 cup tomato mixture. Cut avocado wedges in thirds crosswise. Top each serving with 4 avocado pieces. ...Show details
BBQ Flank Steak with Grilled Onions and Corn - Recipes
Recipe From : goya.comPreheat grill to medium-high; grease grate well. Remove steak from marinade, discarding marinade. Grill until desired doneness, 4 to 5 minutes per side for medium-rare. Let stand for 10 minutes. ...Show details
Grilled Flank Steak Sandwich with Caramelized Onions
Recipe From : neighborfoodblog.comFeb 16, 2019 · Preheat the broiler to low heat. Slice the baguettes in half, smear with butter, and toast them if desired. Layer each sandwich with the steak, the mushrooms and onions, and then the sliced cheese. Place them under the broiler for 3-4 minutes or until cheese is melted. ...Show details
Mojo Marinated Flank Steak With Grilled Onions Recipe
Recipe From : seriouseats.comJun 25, 2011 · While steak is resting, brush onion slices all over with olive oil and season with salt. Place over the hot side of the grill and cook until softened and charred, about 3 to 5 minutes per side. … ...Show details
Flank Steak & Caramelized Onions & Balsamic Glaze Recipe
Recipe From : myrecipes.comMar 23, 2005 · Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, and sauté 10 minutes or until tender. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt; sauté 18 minutes or until … ...Show details
Flank Steak with Triple-Grilled Onions | Recipes | WW USA
Recipe From : weightwatchers.comSprinkle steak with remaining 1/2 teaspoon of salt and pepper; place on grill 30 minutes after onions. Cook 15 minutes, turning once, until medium rare, or longer for desired degree of doneness. Let steak rest for 10 minutes before thinly slicing against the grain. Yields about 4 ounces of steak and 2/3 cup of onions per serving. ...Show details
Grilled Steak With Tomatoes, Red Onion and Balsamic
Recipe From : skinnytaste.comAug 30, 2017 · In a large bowl, combine onions, olive oil, balsamic, salt and pepper. Let onions sit a few minutes with the salt and balsamic to mellow a bit. Combine with tomatoes and fresh herbs and adjust seasoning if needed. … ...Show details
The Best Garlic Grilled Flank Steak Recipe - Sweet Cs Designs
Recipe From : sweetcsdesigns.comJul 05, 2020 · Generously season steak with salt and pepper. Add olive oil, herbs, lemon zest and juice, and diced garlic to a large bowl or (preferably) a large plastic bag and … ...Show details
Grilled Flank Steak, Onion, and Peppers Recipe - Sunset
Recipe From : sunset.comJun 19, 2012 · Heat a grill to high (450° to 550°). Using a sharp knife, score steak on a diagonal across the grain, making parallel lines about 1 in. apart. Turn steak and repeat to create a diamond pattern. Flip steak over and repeat scoring on the other side. Step 2. ...Show details
Grilled Flank Steak with Green Onion Chimichurri - TODAY.com
Recipe From : today.comPreparation. 1. Combine the vinegar, garlic, shallots, jalapeno, parsley and red chili flakes in a medium-sized mixing bowl. Whisk in the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. ...Show details
Grilled Flank Steak with Onions | Healthy Recipes | WW Canada
Recipe From : weightwatchers.comLet steak rest for 10 minutes. While steak is resting, grill onions, turning occasionally, until lightly charred and tender, about 7 to 9 minutes. To serve, thinly slice steak against the grain and place on a serving platter; scatter onions over top. Yields about 3 1/2 ounces steak and 1/3 cup onions per serving. ...Show details
Grilled Flank Steak with Cebollitas (grilled green onions)
Recipe From : emerils.comCombine the flank steak, 3 tablespoons of the olive oil, garlic, 2 tablespoons lime juice, cilantro, salt, pepper, and 1/4 cup chopped green onions in a large zip-top plastic bag. Allow steak to marinate at room temperature for 45 minutes, turning occasionally. Alternatively, marinate in the refrigerator overnight. Preheat grill … ...Show details
Grilled Flank Steak with Coca-Cola-Pickled Onions
Recipe From : saveur.comMay 22, 2015 · (Alternatively, heat a cast-iron grill pan over medium.) Remove steak from marinade, pat dry with paper towels, and season with salt and pepper; grill, turning as … ...Show details
Molasses-Mustard Marinated Flank Steak with Grilled
Recipe From : eatingwell.comNov 28, 2018 · For a charcoal or gas grill, place steak, tomato and onion slices on the rack of a covered grill directly over medium coals. Grill tomato slices for 4 to 6 minutes or until just browned, turning once. Grill onion slices 8 to 10 minutes or until just tender, turning once. ...Show details
Grilled Flank Steak with Mushrooms and Onions - RV Cooking
Recipe From : rvcookingmadesimple.comAug 11, 2020 · In a small bowl mix 1 tablespoon of olive oil, 2 tablespoons of sugar, 3 tablespoons of soy sauce, and 1/4 cup of balsamic vinegar. Add to mushrooms and onion mixture and boil for 3 minutes or until the liquid is slightly reduced. ...Show details
Grilled Flank Steak with Carmelized Onion Sauce
Recipe From : blackberrybabe.comSep 24, 2019 · Chop onion into long, thin pieces. Add to large skillet with 1 tbsp butter and 1 tbsp olive oil. Cook for 25 minutes, stirring every few minutes, until onions are golden brown and soft. In a … ...Show details
Flank Steak Recipes | Cooking Light
Recipe From : cookinglight.comView Recipe: Grilled Flank Steak with Onions, Avocados, and Tomatoes Choose colorful heirloom tomatoes for a pretty presentation if they are in season. This recipe only has five ingredients—proving a delicious and healthy meal doesn't mean an extensive grocery list. ...Show details