Herbed Goat Cheese And Roasted Pepper Toasts
HERBED GOAT CHEESE AND ROASTED PEPPER TOASTS
A more-than-one-bite hors d'oeuvre, these savory toasts make a satisfying snack to serve with drinks or to take on a picnic. They taste best at room temperature or just barely warm. Roasting the peppers can done a day ahead, as can marinating the goat cheese, making this treat very easy to put together.
Recipe From cooking.nytimes.com
Provided by David Tanis
Yield 10 toasts
Categories finger foods, vegetables, appetizer
- Roast the pepper: Place the bell pepper directly over the open flame of a gas burner, under the broiler or on a hot, glowing charcoal grill. Let the skin of the pepper blacken and blister, using tongs to turn the pepper frequently. When completely blackened, after 5 to 8 minutes, transfer to a plate to cool.
- Using a paring knife, cut pepper in half lengthwise. Cut away seeds and stem and discard. Scrape away the skin and discard. Do not rinse. It's OK if a few bits of charred skin remain.
- Cut pepper halves into long strips about 1-inch wide. Season lightly with salt. (The pepper can be prepared up to 24 hours ahead of serving.)
- Marinate the goat cheese: Slice the goat cheese log into 10 pieces (each about 3/4-inch thick). Place pieces in a single layer on a plate and pour 1/4 cup oil over.
- Strip leaves from a few thyme sprigs and a rosemary sprig, roughly chop and sprinkle over the cheese. Finish with a bit of freshly ground black pepper, and a small pinch of red-pepper flakes. Cover and set aside. (This can also be done up to 24 hours ahead.)
- Set oven to 350 degrees. Cut the baguette on a diagonal into 10 slices, each about 1/4-inch thick. (If using ciabatta, cut into similar-size pieces.) Arrange on a baking sheet in a single layer, then place in oven for about 5 minutes, until bread is barely toasted.
- Remove from oven and carefully give each toast a light swipe with the garlic clove. Lay a strip of roasted pepper across each toast to cover. Place a goat cheese round in the center of each toast. Spoon the remaining olive oil from the plate generously over each piece of cheese and any exposed toast.
- To finish, return to the oven and bake, uncovered, until the bread is nicely browned and the cheese has gotten a bit of color, 8 to 10 minutes. Let toasts cool a bit, then arrange on a platter and serve. (They taste best at room temperature or just barely warm.) Toasts can be baked up to 1 hour ahead and popped in the oven to reheat slightly.
Number Of Ingredients: 9
- 1 large red or yellow bell pepper
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 (8-ounce) log or 2 (4-ounce) logs soft goat cheese
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Fresh thyme sprigs
- Fresh rosemary sprigs
- Red-pepper flakes
- 1 day-old baguette or ciabatta loaf
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
GOAT CHEESE WITH MARINATED ROASTED PEPPERS
This went fast! Used banana peppers instead of Anaheims. Store did not stock those. Great appetizer! Serve with French bread slices. The pepper mixture can also be served on the side with goat cheese if desired.
Recipe From allrecipes.com
Provided by poppy
Categories Appetizers and Snacks,Cheese
- Preheat grill to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Grill Anaheim chile peppers, yellow bell pepper, and red bell pepper on the preheated grill with the lid open, turning peppers often, until blistered and blackened, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer peppers to a resealable plastic freezer bag using tongs; seal and let steam loosen skins, about 10 minutes. Carefully open bag, peel peppers, remove and discard seeds, and chop peppers.
- Combine peppers, olive oil, vinegar, and garlic in a bowl until evenly combined; cover with plastic wrap and chill, 8 hours to overnight.
- Place goat cheese on a serving plate; spoon pepper mixture over goat cheese.
Number Of Ingredients: 7
- 3 Anaheim chile peppers
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 10 ½ ounces goat cheese log
BAREFOOT CONTESSA'S ROASTED PEPPER AND GOAT CHEESE SANDWICHES
I had seen Ina Garten prepare this sandwich on one of her Barefoot Contessa episodes. It looked to die for, and when I finally had time to try it, my suspicions were confirmed. It is so flavorful and just down right yummy. She also prepared a Fresh Pea soup to pair with it, I can't wait to try that, too.
Recipe From food.com
Provided by Ms B.
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F.
- Place the whole peppers on a sheet pan and place in the oven for 30 to 40 minutes, until the skins are completely wrinkled and the peppers are charred, turning them twice during roasting. Remove the pan from the oven and immediately cover it tightly with aluminum foil. Set aside for 30 minutes, or until the peppers are cool enough to handle.
- Meanwhile, combine the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Remove the stem from each pepper and cut them in quarters. Remove the peels and seeds and place the peppers in a bowl along with any juices that have collected. Discard the stems, peels, and seeds. Pour the oil and vinegar mixture over the peppers. Stir in the capers. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for a few hours to allow the flavors to blend.
- To assemble the sandwiches, spread the bottom half of the loaf with the goat cheese. Add a layer of peppers and then a layer of basil leaves. Separate the onions into rings and spread out on top. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cover with the top half of the ciabatta and cut into individual servings.
Number Of Ingredients: 13
- 4 large red bell peppers, may substitute yellow
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1 large ciabatta, halved horizontally
- 1 (11 ounce) garlic and herb goat cheese, at room temperature
- 8 -10 large basil leaves
- 3 slices red onions, very thin
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
HERBED GOAT CHEESE
Recipe From foodnetwork.com
Provided by Food Network
Yield 1 pint
- Add the goat cheese, basil, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, salt, thyme and pepper to a stand mixer fitted with the beater attachment. Mix on low speed until you have a smooth, blended paste, about 3 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the mixer bowl and mix again. With the mixer on low speed, slowly pour in the lemon juice and beer; mix until all of the liquid is absorbed. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and mix one last time to ensure all the ingredients are fully incorporated and evenly dispersed.
Number Of Ingredients: 10
- One 10-ounce log goat cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons beer, such as Heist Brewery Hive Five
ROASTED GOAT CHEESE WITH GARLIC
Now that we have kids, my husband and I don't entertain much. But when we do, I serve this savory spread. The combination of goat cheese, garlic and onions always earns rave reviews. -Carol Barlow, Berwyn, Illinois
Recipe From tasteofhome.com
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield about 1-1/4 cups.
- Place garlic and oil in a pie plate. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. , Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute onion in butter until tender and lightly browned. Add brown sugar; cook and stir until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat., Remove garlic from pie plate. Spread onion mixture in pie plate; top with cheese. Place garlic over cheese. Bake, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted. , Mash garlic mixture with a fork. Stir in the vinegar, salt and pepper. Transfer to a serving bowl; sprinkle with basil. Serve warm with French bread or crackers.
Number Of Ingredients: 10
- 6 to 8 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 8 ounces crumbled goat or feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- Thinly sliced French bread or assorted crackers
BRUSCHETTA WITH GOAT CHEESE, ROASTED PEPPER, AND BASIL
Recipe From epicurious.com
Yield Makes 4 servings
Categories Appetizer,Bake,Goat Cheese,Basil,Bell Pepper,Bon Appétit,Sugar Conscious,Kidney Friendly,Vegetarian,Pescatarian,Peanut Free,Tree Nut Free,Soy Free,Kosher
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Char bell pepper over gas flame or under broiler until blackened on all sides. Enclose in paper bag 10 minutes. Peel and seed pepper; cut into 1/2-inch-wide strips.
- Spread goat cheese on toasts. Top with red pepper strips. Place bruschetta on baking sheet. Bake until warm, about 5 minutes. Top each toast with 2 basil leaves and serve.
Number Of Ingredients: 4
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 4 ounces soft fresh goat cheese (such as Montrachet), room temperature (about 1 cup)
- 4 3/4-inch-thick slices country bread, halved, toasted or grilled
- 16 fresh basil leaves
MINI SWEET PEPPERS STUFFED WITH HERB GOAT CHEESE
This is a quick and easy appetizer that's delicious and will add a flash of color to your buffet table. Please be sure to use the small, sweet peppers and not red hot chili peppers. This recipe comes out of a 2001 BH&G.
Recipe From food.com
Provided by - Carla -
Yield 30 serving(s)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Leaving the peppers stem intact, cut a slit from the stem to the bottom tip of each pepper and remove seeds.
- In a bowl combine the goat cheese, snipped herbs, garlic, salt and black pepper.
- Spoon the mixture into the peppers.
- On a baking sheet sprayed with non-stick cooking spray arrange the peppers in a single layer.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until peppers are tender crisp.
- Arrange the prepared peppers into a pyramid shape on a small platter and garnish with fresh basil leaves.
Number Of Ingredients: 6
- 30 mini sweet peppers (10 red, 10 yellow, 10 orange, if possible)
- 18 ounces semi-soft goat cheese
- 1/2 cup chives, tarragon and basil,freshly snipped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
More recipes about Herbed Goat Cheese and Roasted Pepper Toasts recipes
Herbed Goat Cheese Toasts with Balsamic Roasted Sweet
Recipe From : tastykitchen.comJul 10, 2014 · Toss to coat, spread them in a single layer and place pan into the oven. Roast for about 30 minutes, or until peppers are soft and caramelized. 3. Spread about 1 tablespoon of herb goat cheese spread onto each slice of bread and top with … ...Show details
Herbed Goat-Cheese Toasts recipe | Epicurious.com
Recipe From : epicurious.comJul 01, 2006 · Divide baguette slices between 2 shallow baking pans. Lightly brush tops of slices with oil, then lightly season with salt and pepper. Bake, switching position of … ...Show details
Herbed Cheese and Roasted Pepper Crostini - The Lilypad
Recipe From : thelilypadcottage.comDec 08, 2020 · Saute peppers 5-10 minutes until soft and slightly caramelized. Add minced garlic and balsamic vinegar. Cook 2-3 minutes more until vinegar cooks down. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat. Remove the toasted bread from the oven and spread with Boursin or herbed goat cheese. Top with sauteed peppers. Top with chopped basil. ...Show details
Goat Cheese Spread in Roasted Pepper Cups Recipe: How to
Recipe From : tasteofhome.comMar 29, 2013 · Transfer to a large bowl. Stir in the cheeses, tomatoes, cilantro, parsley, pepper sauce, salt and pepper. Spoon into pepper cups; return to baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. ...Show details
Herbed Goat Cheese Garlic Toasts Recipe | MyRecipes
Recipe From : myrecipes.comFeb 23, 2016 · Combine cheese, thyme, and pepper in a small bowl. Spread cheese mixture evenly over garlic sides of bread slices. Broil 1 minute or until cheese melts. ...Show details
Roasted Pepper and Goat Cheese Bruschetta Recipes | Food
Recipe From : foodnetwork.caAdd the roasted peppers and shallots to the dressing, and season with salt and pepper. Gently toss to combine, then fold in the parsley. Set aside or place in the refrigerator to marinate. 3. Spread each toast with a small spoonful of goat cheese. Top with a spoonful of the pepper … ...Show details
Goat Cheese Toasts Recipes | Food Network Canada
Recipe From : foodnetwork.caJun 07, 2020 · 3. Blend the goat cheese and cream cheese in a food processor until smooth and creamy. Add the parsley, thyme, and lemon peel. Using the on/off button, pulse just to blend. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Spread the cheese mixture over the crostini. Sprinkle with the olives, chives, and more pepper. Arrange the toasts on a platter and ... ...Show details
Edible Madison | Goat Cheese & Herb-Stuffed Mini Peppers
Recipe From : ediblemadison.comPlace each pepper slit side up in your pan, drizzle with remaining olive oil, and roast for 25-30 minutes, until peppers are softened. Suggestions Serve hot or room-temperature as an appetizer, side dish, or a vegetarian main course with creamy polenta and garlicky white beans or chickpeas. ...Show details
Goat Cheese Recipes - NYT Cooking
Recipe From : cooking.nytimes.comGoat Cheese Recipes. Caramelized Onion, Apple and Goat Cheese Melts Jerrelle Guy. 30 minutes. ... Aaron Hutcherson. 45 minutes. Brown Butter Lentil and Sweet Potato Salad Yossy Arefi. 35 minutes. Herbed Goat Cheese and Roasted Pepper Toasts David Tanis. 20 minutes. Khachapuri Adjaruli (Georgian Cheese Bread Boat) Daniela Galarza, Carla Capalbo. ...Show details
Zucchini-Farro Cakes & Herbed Goat Cheese & Slow-Roasted
Recipe From : myrecipes.comCombine tomatoes, 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a large bowl; toss to coat. Arrange tomatoes in a single layer on a foil-lined baking sheet. Bake at 250° for 3 hours … ...Show details
Roasted Pepper and Goat Cheese Bruschetta Recipe | Cooking
Recipe From : cookingchanneltv.comRoasted Pepper and Goat Cheese Bruschetta Recipe courtesy of Ayesha Curry Watch how to make this recipe. ...Show details
Goat Cheese Stuffed and Roasted Peppers - Recipes
Recipe From : honestcooking.comFeb 27, 2015 · While roasting, combine the goat cheese, parsley, and peppers; Remove the peppers from the oven and allow to cool; Once cool enough to handle, stuff each pepper with a spoonful of the goat cheese; Return to the oven and bake until cheese … ...Show details
Cherry Tomato Crostini With Homemade Herbed Goat Cheese …
Recipe From : foodrepublic.comJul 09, 2014 · For the herbed goat cheese: Line a mesh strainer with a few layers of cheesecloth or muslin and set it over a bowl. Scrape the yogurt into the lined strainer and refrigerate the yogurt for 24 hours. Put the strained, thickened yogurt into a bowl and mix in the herbs, shallots, garlic, salt and cayenne pepper. ...Show details
Recipe: How to Make Herbed Goat Cheese and Red Pepper Crostini
Recipe From : mensjournal.comNov 22, 2017 · In a medium bowl, combine the chopped scallions, goat cheese, yogurt, thyme, and black pepper. To assemble, spread about 1 tsp of cheese mixture over a piece of toasted baguette. Fold a red pepper ... ...Show details
Marinated Piquillo Pepper and Whipped Eggplant Toasts Recipe
Recipe From : foodandwine.com4 ounces fresh goat cheese, preferably Spanish (1/2 cup) 2 ounces cream cheese (1/4 cup) Thick toasts and marinated white anchovies, for serving ...Show details