Maple Sweet Potato Puree With Caramelized Onions Recipes
SWEET POTATOES WITH CARAMELIZED ONION
I fail to remember where this recipe first appeared but chances are it was from Canadian Living magazine. This simple dish is much richer than you would expect and pairs well with grilled meats especially lamb and pork. Since sweet potatoes are very moist, adjust the amount of sour cream or milk to your taste. I do recall that the original recipe recommended placing the sweet potatoes and onion mixture in a food processor until blended. I found this method too gluey and altered it as stated.
Recipe From food.com
Provided by Highland Lass
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Categories Yam/Sweet Potato
- Preheat oven to 400º.
- Heat olive oil in frying pan at medium heat and add onion. Sauté until rings separate. Reduce heat to medium low and continue cooking uncovered, until onions are soft and caramelized at least 30 minutes or more, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, prick whole potatoes with skins on and bake in roasting pan for 40 minutes or until soft. When cool enough to handle peel skins from potatoes and set aside.
- When onions are soft add thyme, salt and pepper to taste and mix well. At this point you can either place the onions in a food processor and pulse until they are slightly chunky or chop with a sharp knife.
- Heat a medium sized pot and add butter. Add the sweet potatoes and mash with a fork or potato masher. Add the sour cream or milk a little at a time then add the onion mixture. Blend with a wooden spoon until fully incorporated and adjust S & P to taste.
Number Of Ingredients: 8
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 large Spanish onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- 3 large sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup low-fat sour cream (Carnation low fat works very well) or 1/4 cup milk (Carnation low fat works very well)
- fresh ground pepper
MAPLE GLAZED SWEET POTATOES WITH BACON AND CARAMELIZED ONIONS
I made this for Thanksgiving dinner and my family went crazy over it. It is simple, looks great on the table and has already been requested for Christmas dinner! This recipe can be adjusted as you like by adding more or less bacon and onions.
Recipe From allrecipes.com
Provided by Chris B
Categories Side Dish,Vegetables,Sweet Potatoes
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Toss the sweet potato chunks, olive oil, salt, and black pepper in a large bowl, and spread the sweet potatoes out onto a large rimmed baking sheet.
- Roast in the preheated oven until browned and tender, about 40 minutes; stir after the first 20 minutes.
- Cook the bacon until crisp and brown in a large skillet over medium heat, about 10 minutes; transfer bacon to a bowl, but leave the grease in the skillet. Cook the onions in the bacon grease until browned, about 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Reduce heat to low, and cook the onions until very soft, brown, and sweet, another 10 to 15 minutes. Stir often. Mix the onions with the bacon in the bowl, and set aside.
- Pour the maple syrup into the hot skillet with the thyme, and bring to a rolling boil. Boil the syrup until reduced by half, 3 to 4 minutes. Place the roasted sweet potatoes and onion-bacon mixture into the skillet, and stir to coat the vegetables with maple glaze. Transfer to a serving dish.
Number Of Ingredients: 8
- 4 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut in 1-inch chunks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 5 slices smoked bacon, chopped
- 1 pound onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme
SWEET POTATO MASH WITH CARAMELISED ONIONS
Make and share this Sweet Potato Mash With Caramelised Onions recipe from Food.com.
Recipe From food.com
Provided by ImPat
Yield 3-4 serving(s)
Categories Yam/Sweet Potato
- Peel onions, cut in half and finely slice so you have half moon shaped circles.
- Put into a medium frypan and drizzle with oil and massage the oil in to break up the half rings.
- Cover frypan and cook over a low to moderate heat giving a stir occasionally until a nice golden colour (about 30 to 40 minutes), the longer you take the sweeter the onion will be.
- Put sweet potatoes in a pot of cold water and season with a little salt and bring to the boil and cook till tender.
- When potatoes are cook, drain and give a good shake, put in butter and mash (I used a potato masher) till you get the consistency you like (I like a slightly lumpy texture).
- Add your caramelised onions and mix in well (I just used a fork) and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Number Of Ingredients: 5
- 3 onions (brown medium)
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 lb sweet potato (peeled and cubed)
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- salt and pepper (to taste)
MAPLE MASHED SWEET POTATOES
Recipe From epicurious.com
Yield Makes 10 servings
Categories Side,Bake,Thanksgiving,Vegetarian,Sweet Potato/Yam,Fall,Maple Syrup,Gourmet,Pescatarian,Wheat/Gluten-Free,Peanut Free,Tree Nut Free,Soy Free,Kosher
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Prick each potato twice with a fork and bake in a foil-lined shallow baking pan in lower third of oven until very tender, about 1 hour. Remove and cool slightly.
- Halve potatoes lengthwise and scoop out warm flesh into a large bowl. Mash potatoes with a potato masher or, for a smoother purée, force through a potato ricer. Stir in butter, cream, syrup, salt, and pepper.
Number Of Ingredients: 6
- 6 lb sweet potatoes
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup heavy cream, warmed
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
More recipes about Maple Sweet Potato Puree with Caramelized Onions recipes recipes
Maple Sweet Potato Puree with Caramelized Onions
Recipe From : vansolkemaproduce.comPlace sweet potatoes, 1/4 cup of the maple syrup, 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, 2 teaspoons salt and 1 teaspoon pepper in a large mixing bowl. Toss to evenly coat and place on sheet tray. Roast in the preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until sweet potatoes are soft. ...Show details
Caramelized Maple Onion Sweet Potato Puree Recipe from H-E-B
Recipe From : heb.comPlace sweet potatoes in a large pot and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil and cook until potatoes are just fork tender, about 25 to 30 minutes. 2 Meanwhile, place 1 tablespoon of salted butter, onions and salt in a … ...Show details
Maple Sweet Potato Puree with Carmelized Onions
Recipe From : cookingwithsean.comPlace sweet potatoes, 1/4 cup of the maple syrup, 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, 2 teaspoons salt and 1 teaspoon pepper in a large mixing bowl. Toss to evenly coat and place on sheet tray. Roast in the preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until sweet potatoes are soft. ...Show details
Maple Sweet Potato Purée | Maple from Canada
Recipe From : maplefromcanada.caSep 25, 2018 · 4 cups sweet potatoes, peeled and ... The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan. Vegetables Recipes. Parsnips with Vegetables and a Maple Sauce. Baby Potatoes with Maple-Caramelized Onions. Maple ... ...Show details
Roasted Sweet Potato, Caramelized Onion & Maple - Sabra
Recipe From : sabra.comRoasted Sweet Potato, Caramelized Onion & Maple. Made from veggies, for veggies. Enjoy the harmony of premium sweet potato, caramelized onion and maple syrup. Your taste buds will start dancing for this dip. ...Show details
Sweet Potato Puree With Maple Recipe | Real Simple
Recipe From : realsimple.comOct 14, 2005 · Slice each sweet potato in half lengthwise. Scoop the flesh into a saucepan and discard the skins. Add the maple syrup (to taste), butter, and sour cream. Using a wooden spoon or potato masher, mix until smooth. ...Show details
Maple Sweet Potatoes Recipe | MyRecipes
Recipe From : myrecipes.comArrange half of potato slices in an 11 x 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray; sprinkle with half of the salt. Arrange remaining potato slices on top; sprinkle with remaining salt. Pour syrup over potatoes… ...Show details
Maple Caramelized Onions - Closet Cooking
Recipe From : closetcooking.comFeb 08, 2012 · These maple caramelized onions are really easy to make but it does take a bit of time to properly caramelize the onions and it is definitely worth it! I added the maple flavour simply by adding some maple syrup at the end when the onions are just about caramelized along with a … ...Show details
Maple-Roasted Sweet Potatoes Recipe | EatingWell
Recipe From : eatingwell.comJun 03, 2016 · Arrange sweet potatoes in an even layer in a 9-by-13-inch glass baking dish. Combine maple syrup, butter, lemon juice, salt and pepper in small bowl. Pour the mixture over the … ...Show details
Mashed Sweet Potatoes with Caramelized Onions | Better
Recipe From : bhg.comOct 01, 2004 · Add the potatoes to the pot and mash with a potato masher until smooth. Stir in the milk, sour cream, and salt and pepper to taste. Stir in caramelized onions, reserving a few onions for garnish. Cook and stir over low heat until heated through. ...Show details
Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Caramelized Onions Recipe
Recipe From : foodandwine.comPreheat the oven to 350°. Put the sweet potatoes on a baking sheet and roast for 40 minutes, or until tender. Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a medium skillet. Add the red onion, cover and cook ... ...Show details
5-Ingredient Broiled Maple Sweet Potatoes | Rachael Ray Show
Recipe From : rachaelrayshow.comDec 07, 2017 · Brush the cut sides with half the butter and top with the maple syrup, salt and pepper. Arrange the potato halves cut-side up on an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet and broil about 7 inches from the heat source for 4 minutes. Turn the potatoes over and broil for another 3-4 minutes. ...Show details
Maple glazed sweet potatoes with bacon and caramelized
Recipe From : crecipe.comMaple glazed sweet potatoes with bacon and caramelized onions ... recipe. Learn how to cook great Maple glazed sweet potatoes with bacon and caramelized onions ... . Crecipe.com deliver fine selection of quality Maple glazed sweet potatoes with bacon and caramelized onions ... recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips. ...Show details
Maple Roasted Sweet Potatoes - The Cookie Rookie®
Recipe From : thecookierookie.comOct 09, 2020 · Glazed with maple syrup, cooked with garlic and herbs and finished with earthy walnuts. I guarantee that everyone will be asking you for this recipe! If you need more sweet potato recipe inspiration, be sure to check out my Savory Mashed Sweet Potatoes and Candied Sweet Potatoes and have a browse through my 62+ EASY Thanksgiving Side Dishes! ...Show details
Recipe: Caramelized sweet potato soup with maple syrup
Recipe From : styleathome.comJan 01, 2008 · Sweat the onion until translucent. Stir in sweet potatoes and maple syrup; sauté until golden and caramelized, about 15 minutes. Add 4 cups stock and simmer until sweet potatoes are tender. Puree mixture in food processor in batches. ...Show details
Maple Glazed Sweet Potatoes with Bacon and Caramelized
Recipe From : pinterest.comNov 13, 2014 - Roasted sweet potatoes with crisp bacon and the mellow sweetness of caramelized onion are glazed with pure maple syrup for a holiday side dish they'll talk about for days. ...Show details
Sweet Potato Puree with Caramelized - Williams Sonoma
Recipe From : williams-sonoma.comOct 27, 2012 · Using a food processor and working in 2 batches, process the hot sweet potatoes with the butter mixture until smooth. Transfer to a large bowl. Stir in the nutmeg and season with salt and pepper. Transfer the sweet potato puree to the prepared baking dish. ...Show details
Roasted Sweet Potatoes With Caramelized Onions Recipe
Recipe From : herewebuy.orgJan 18, 2021 · Sweet potato gnocchi with balsamic roasted sweet potatoes recipe maple sweet potato puree with french onion stuffed sweet potatoes caramelized onion sweet potato salad ...Show details
Caramelized sweet potatoes onion and brussels sprouts recipe
Recipe From : crecipe.comCaramelized sweet potatoes onion and brussels sprouts recipe. Learn how to cook great Caramelized sweet potatoes onion and brussels sprouts . Crecipe.com deliver fine selection of quality Caramelized sweet potatoes onion and brussels sprouts recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips. ...Show details
Cabernet Braised Texas Short Ribs with Maple Sweet Potato
Recipe From : papercitymag.comStir often until onions are caramelized but not burnt. Quickly add tomato paste and cook for an additional 3 minutes, careful not to burn the tomato paste. Add wine and any accumulated juices from ... ...Show details
Caramelized Onion Potato Casserole Recipe from H-E-B
Recipe From : heb.comHow to make Caramelized Onion Potato Casserole - prep & cook time, serving size, nutritional info, ingredients. Add recipe ingredients to your shopping list! ... Home Recipes Browse Recipes Caramelized Onion Potato Casserole. ... Caramelized Maple Onion Sweet Potato Puree. ...Show details
Paleo Maple Syrup Roasted Sweet Potatoes Recipe
Recipe From : recipeland.comPut sweet potatoes in an even layer in a 9-by-13-inch glass baking dish. Combine maple syrup, butter, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Pour the mixture over the sweet potatoes; toss to coat. Cover and bake the sweet potatoes for 15 minutes. ...Show details
How to Roast Sweet Potatoes: Basic Roast Sweet Potato
Recipe From : masterclass.comMay 05, 2021 · Arrange sweet potatoes in a single layer on the baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt, pepper, paprika, cumin, and garlic powder. Toss to evenly coat. Bake until tender, … ...Show details