Spinach With Crispy Chickpeas
CHICKPEAS WITH BABY SPINACH
This is mostly a pantry dish, very quick to put together. You can serve it on its own, with couscous or pasta, or over a thick slice of toasted bread rubbed with garlic.
Recipe From cooking.nytimes.com
Provided by Martha Rose Shulman
Yield Serves three
Categories dinner, easy, quick, weekday, main course
- Heat the olive oil in a large, heavy saucepan over medium heat and add the onion. Cook, stirring, until tender, about five minutes. Add the garlic, cumin, tomato paste and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Cook, stirring for one to two minutes, until fragrant and the tomato paste has turned a darker color. Add the chickpeas, the stock or water, and the cayenne, and bring to a simmer. Cover, reduce the heat, and simmer 10 minutes.
- Stir in the spinach, a handful at a time, stirring until each addition of spinach wilts. Add salt to taste and simmer uncovered, stirring often, for five minutes. Add lots of freshly ground pepper, taste and adjust salt and cayenne, and serve.
Number Of Ingredients: 11
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds, lightly toasted and ground
- Salt, preferably kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable stock, or water
- Cayenne, to taste
- 1 (6-ounce) bag baby spinach
CHICKPEAS WITH SPINACH (GREEK)
Make and share this Chickpeas With Spinach (Greek) recipe from Food.com.
Recipe From food.com
Provided by evelynathens
Yield 4 serving(s)
Categories One Dish Meal
- In a large saucepan, over medium heat, saute the onions and garlic in the olive oil until the onions are tender.
- Add the chickpeas, tomatoes, pepper flakes (to suit your taste), and oregano,and paprika.
- Cover and simmer for about 18 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add spinach and cook about 7 minutes longer, or until spinach is cooked.
- Add the lemon juice (I usually like to add the juice of about 1 1/2 lemons. Add the juice of 1 lemon, taste and adjust to your own, personal taste), salt and pepper.
Number Of Ingredients: 10
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups cooked chickpeas
- 1 1/2 cups chopped fresh tomatoes (or same amount, tinned)
- red pepper flakes (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, chopped and defrosted
- 1 -2 lemon, juice of (to taste)
SPINACH WITH CHICKPEAS AND FRIED EGGS
Recipe From epicurious.com
Provided by Bon Appétit Test Kitchen
Yield Makes 4 servings
Categories Egg,Leafy Green,Vegetable,Brunch,Vegetarian,High Fiber,Dinner,Lunch,Spinach,Legume,Chickpea,Healthy,Bon Appétit,Pescatarian,Wheat/Gluten-Free,Peanut Free,Tree Nut Free,Soy Free,No Sugar Added,Kosher
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large heavy pot over medium heat. When oil begins to shimmer, add 1 garlic clove. Stir until beginning to turn golden brown, 1-2 minutes. Add spinach to pot. Toss to coat; season with salt and pepper. Cook until spinach is wilted but still bright green, 2-3 minutes. Transfer to a medium bowl; set aside. Wipe out pot.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in same pot over medium heat. When oil begins to shimmer, add onion and 3 garlic cloves. Cook, stirring often, until onion is softened, 3-4 minutes.
- Add cumin and paprika; stir until cumin is toasted and fragrant, 1-2 minutes. Add chickpeas and tomatoes; stir to coat. Cook until tomatoes start to caramelize and chickpeas begin to brown, 8-10 minutes. Add 3 cups broth; bring to a simmer, scraping up any browned bits from bottom of pan. Reduce heat to medium; simmer, occasionally mashing some chickpeas with the back of a spoon or a potato masher, until sauce is thickened, 15-20 minutes. Fold in spinach; simmer for flavors to meld, adding more broth by 1/4-cupfuls if too thick, 8ñ10 minutes.
- Pour oil into a large heavy skillet to a depth of 1/8" (about 1/4 cup). Heat until oil begins to shimmer. Crack 2 eggs into hot oil, spacing apart. Using a large spoon, carefully baste whites (not yolks) with oil until whites are set and edges are crunchy, lacy, and golden brown, 2-3 minutes (do not turn). Season eggs with salt and pepper. Transfer to a plate and repeat with remaining 2 eggs.
- Spoon chickpea stew into bowls and top each with a fried egg.
Number Of Ingredients: 12
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided, plus more
- 4 medium garlic cloves, thinly sliced, divided
- 8 cups spinach, coarsely chopped
- Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 15-ounce cans chickpeas, rinsed
- 5 canned whole tomatoes, crushed
- 3 cups (or more) vegetable broth
- 4 large eggs
- Ingredient info: Smoked paprika is available at most supermarkets.
FRIED CHICKPEAS WITH CHORIZO AND SPINACH
Chickpeas are often cooked with spinach, from India to the New World. But in southern Spain, they are mostly made with chorizo. Combine these ideas, and you have a rich, deep, full-flavored stew perfect for a fast dinner on a cold night.
Recipe From cooking.nytimes.com
Provided by Mark Bittman
Yield 4 servings
Categories easy, quick, side dish
- Heat the broiler.
- Put three tablespoons of the oil in a skillet large enough to hold chickpeas in one layer over medium-high heat. When it's hot, add chickpeas and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, shaking the pan occasionally, until chickpeas begin to brown, about 10 minutes, then add chorizo. Continue cooking for another 5 to 8 minutes or until chickpeas are crisp; use a slotted spoon to remove chickpeas and chorizo from pan and set aside.
- Add the remainder of the 1/4 cup of oil to the pan; when it's hot, add spinach and sherry, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and cook spinach over medium-low heat until very soft and the liquid has evaporated. Add chickpeas and chorizo back to the pan and toss quickly to combine; top with bread crumbs, drizzle with a bit more oil and run pan under the broiler to lightly brown the top. Serve hot or at room temperature.
Number Of Ingredients: 8
- 1/4 cup olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 2 cups cooked or canned chickpeas, as dry as possible
- black pepper
- 4 ounces chorizo, diced
- 1/2 pound spinach, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup sherry
- 1 to 2 cups bread crumbs
More recipes about Spinach with Crispy Chickpeas recipes
Spinach with Crispy Chickpeas | Martha Stewart
Recipe From : marthastewart.comFeb 28, 2013 · Place pot over medium-high heat and add remaining tablespoon oil. Add garlic and cook, stirring constantly, for 30 seconds. Step 5 Add red pepper and spinach to pot and cook until spinach begins to wilt, about 1 minute; season with remaining 1/4 teaspoon … ...Show details
Chickpeas with Spinach Recipe | MyRecipes
Recipe From : myrecipes.comApr 26, 2004 · Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, ginger, and garlic; sauté 4 minutes or until mixture begins to brown. Add water and tomato paste; cook 2 minutes or until liquid evaporates, stirring constantly. ...Show details
Catalan Chickpeas and Spinach - Gimme Some Oven
Recipe From : gimmesomeoven.comMay 31, 2019 · Add the still-wet spinach to the pan, cover with a lid, and wait for 1-2 minutes until the spinach has wilted. Stir in the chickpeas and raisins until combined. Then continue to cook for 1-2 minutes, until the chickpeas … ...Show details
Spinach and Chickpeas (Espinacas con Garbanzos) - Spanish
Recipe From : spanishsabores.comFeb 22, 2021 · Update Notice: This recipe was originally published on August 17, 2014.It was republished with new photos and text on February 21, 2021. This delicious spinach and chickpea … ...Show details
Spanish Spinach and Chickpeas - Espinacas con Garbanzos Recipe
Recipe From : spainonafork.comJun 10, 2018 · Rinse 1 cup of jarred chickpeas under cold running water, shake off any excess water and set aside, reserve 2 cups of tightly packed bagged spinach, reserve 1/2 cup of canned tomato puree, thinly slice 4 cloves of garlic and finely dice 1/2 of an onion ...Show details
Spinach with Chickpeas and Fried Eggs Recipe | Bon Appétit
Recipe From : bonappetit.comSep 18, 2012 · Heat 1 Tbsp. oil in a large heavy pot over medium heat. When oil begins to shimmer, add 1 garlic clove. Stir until beginning to turn golden brown, 1–2 minutes. Add spinach to … ...Show details
Spanish Spinach with Chickpeas - Simple Vegan Blog
Recipe From : simpleveganblog.comJan 29, 2015 · Cook the garlic (diced) in a saucepan with a little bit of extra virgin olive oil over medium heat until golden brown. Add the paprika, stir and add the spinach (finely chopped). Add the water and salt to taste (optional) and cook for about 5 minutes. … ...Show details
Chickpea Spinach Curry (Chana Palak Masala) - The Fiery
Recipe From : thefieryvegetarian.comMar 31, 2019 · Add the crushed tomatoes, chickpeas and vegetable stock. Increase the heat to high and once boiling, lower to medium-low to maintain at a simmer for 10 minutes, stirring every now and then. … ...Show details
22 Best Chickpea Recipes | Recipes, Dinners and Easy Meal
Recipe From : foodnetwork.comWith these recipes (and a few cans of chickpeas from your pantry) you can make falafel, vegetarian mains, gluten-free pizza, a crispy, salty snack, vegan crab cakes and more! Save Collection Pinterest ...Show details
Chickpea and Spinach Orecchiette with Crispy Lemon Bread
Recipe From : sunset.comJan 16, 2018 · Scoop 1 cup cooking water from pasta pot and pour into pot of sauce. Drain pasta and add to sauce, along with chickpeas and spinach. Cook until pasta is just tender, about 5 minutes. … ...Show details
Orecchiette with Crispy Chickpeas and Spinach — Local Haven
Recipe From : localhaven.netAug 05, 2020 · Remove a 1/2 cup of the crispy chickpeas for garnish, and set aside. Using spider strainer or tongs, transfer the pasta directly from the pot to the chickpea skillet. Add in the spinach and a few splashes of pasta water, if using parmesan, add that in now. Stirring vigorously until the spinach is softened and the pasta is coated. ...Show details
Salmon with Spinach and Chickpeas | Martha Stewart
Recipe From : marthastewart.comMar 25, 2011 · Divide spinach and chickpeas evenly among 4 parchment pieces, arranging mixture on 1 side of each crease to form a rectangle the size of a salmon fillet; season each pile with 1/8 … ...Show details
Spinach with Chickpeas Recipe | MyRecipes
Recipe From : myrecipes.comThe breadcrumbs thicken the juices in the spinach mixture. Combine the breadcrumb mixture, spinach, and chickpeas in a skillet; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Thanks for adding your feedback ... ...Show details
Spinach and Chickpeas - The Harvest Kitchen
Recipe From : theharvestkitchen.comMay 13, 2020 · This Spinach and Chickpeas recipe is quick and easy to make using only canned chickpeas, tomatoes, spinach, onion and garlic. I like to garnish it with basil, tomatoes and … ...Show details
Mediterranean Feta and Spinach Salad with Crispy Chickpeas
Recipe From : homechef.com1 oz. Crispy Chickpeas 1 Persian Cucumber Due to our just-in-time sourcing model, we may have to send you a substitute ingredient. Not to worry! We make sure every ingredient sent to you meets our high quality standards. We’ll keep you informed should a switch occur, so … ...Show details
Creamy Pasta With Spinach And Chickpeas - Go Healthy Ever
Recipe From : gohealthyeverafter.comFeb 01, 2020 · 1/2 cup of Sun dried tomatoes can be used in place of roasted cherry tomatoes.; Green chili gives a unique flavor to the creamy sauce. The spice gets balanced out by the chickpeas and the cashew sauce.; If you don’t mind dairy, you can use whole milk instead of almond milk.; Reserve the water from cooking the chickpeas … ...Show details
Crispy Roasted Chickpeas Recipe - Love and Lemons
Recipe From : loveandlemons.comFeb 18, 2019 · Sometimes I’m craving something crispy in a salad, and chickpeas’ soft texture won’t satisfy me. Enter: roasted chickpeas. They still have all the protein and heartiness of regular chickpeas… ...Show details
Roast Chicken with Crispy Chickpeas and Kale Recipe
Recipe From : tastingtable.comMar 07, 2017 · Directions. 1. Place the dry chicken on a sheet pan and season inside and out with salt and pepper. Refrigerate, uncovered, to let the seasoning sink in and the … ...Show details
I Finally Figured Out How to Make the Crispiest
Recipe From : realsimple.com3. When they’re dry, toss the chickpeas with 1 tablespoon olive oil and ¼ teaspoon each kosher salt and freshly-ground black pepper. Carefully remove the baking sheet from the oven, place the chickpeas on in an even layer, and return to the oven. Roast, shaking the pan halfway through, until crispy… ...Show details
Chickpea Spinach Stuffed Sweet Potatoes with Tahini | Last
Recipe From : lastingredient.comOct 08, 2018 · While the sweet potatoes are roasting, make the crispy chickpeas. Drain and rinse the chickpeas. Pat them dry with paper towels. Remove any loose outer skins. In a small bowl, toss the chickpeas … ...Show details
Spinach salad with roasted chickpeas | My Weekend Kitchen
Recipe From : myweekendkitchen.inAug 26, 2017 · Spinach salad with spicy roasted chickpeas; sweet potatoes, and onions, drizzled with a lemony tahini dressing. I call this salad, “the salad of salads” because it is a nutrition powerhouse — … ...Show details