Sweet Potato Gnocchi With Goats Cheese And Wilted Salad
SWEET POTATO GNOCCHI WITH GOATS CHEESE AND WILTED SALAD
Make and share this Sweet Potato Gnocchi With Goats Cheese and Wilted Salad recipe from Food.com.
Recipe From food.com
Provided by An_Net
Yield 6 serving(s)
- Steam or boil potatoes until cooked through and soft.
- Peel potatoes and pass through mouli or ricer, make a well in the centre.
- Add flour,nutmeg, parmesan and egg yolks and mix into a soft dough, Adjust seasoning.
- Roll into a sausage shape and cut into bite size pieces.
- Blanch gnocchi in salted boiling water when gnocchi floats to top its cooked.
- Scoop with a spider and refresh in ice cold water then drain.
- To serve:.
- Heat olive oil in a frypan. Add garlic and tomatoes and balsamic vinegar to the pan, add gnocchi, and toss in pan. Add the greens and allow to wilt slightly, season to taste.
- Place in a bowl and crumble the goat cheese over the top.
Number Of Ingredients: 15
- 1 kg sweet potato
- 125 g parmesan cheese
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 500 g plain flour
- 2 egg yolks
- 100 g rocket
- 100 g spinach
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, roasted
- 300 g goat cheese (diced)
- 1/4 bunch basil leaves
- 150 g sun-dried tomatoes
SWEET POTATO GNOCCHI
This is from Better Homes and Gardens. It is EXCELLENT served w/ freshly grated parmesan cheese and melted butter. Freezable as well!
Recipe From food.com
Provided by Keeferop
Yield 96 gnocchi
Categories One Dish Meal
- In large saucepan, cook sweet potatoes, covered, in enough boiling salted water to cover for 25-35 minutes (until tender).
- Drain well; return to same pan. Over low heat, mash potatoes until smooth allowing any extra moisture to evaporate.
- Transfer potatoes to a large bowl. Stir in ricotta cheese, salt, nutmeg, and 1.5 cups of flour.
- On a well-floured surface, knead in the remaining .5 cup flour, kneading for 2-3 minutes or until a soft dough ball is formed.
- Divide into 8 pieces and roll each piece into a 12" long log (1" in diameter).
- Cut into 1" pieces & w/ a floured finger, make a dimple in the center of each piece.
- Boil a large pot of salted water. Cook gnocchi, in small batches for 3-4 minutes, or until they float to surface of water (Careful not to overcook).
- Remove w/ skimmer or slotted spoon & drain on paper towels or tea towel.
- Cover to warm while making rest of gnocchi.
Number Of Ingredients: 5
- 1 1/3 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
SWEET POTATO GNOCCHI
Make and share this Sweet Potato Gnocchi recipe from Food.com.
Recipe From food.com
Provided by swirlycinnacakes
Yield 1 batch, 1 serving(s)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Pierce the sweet potato with a fork. Bake the sweet potatoes until tender and fully cooked, between 40 to 55 minutes depending on size. Cool slightly. Cut in half and scoop the flesh into a large bowl. Mash the sweet potatoes and transfer to a large measuring cup to make sure the sweet potatoes measure about 2 cups. Transfer the mashed sweet potatoes back to the large bowl. Add the ricotta cheese, salt, cinnamon, and pepper and blend until well mixed. Add the flour, 1/2 cup at a time until a soft dough forms. Lightly flour a work surface and place the dough in a ball on the work surface. Divide the dough into 6 equal balls. Roll out each ball into a 1-inch wide rope. Cut each rope into 1-inch pieces. Roll the gnocchi over the tines of a fork. Transfer the formed gnocchi to a large baking sheet. Continue with the remaining gnocchi.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the gnocchi in 3 batches and cook until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 5 to 6 minutes. Drain the gnocchi using a slotted spoon onto a baking sheet. Tent with foil to keep warm and continue with the remaining gnocchi.
Number Of Ingredients: 7
- 2 lbs sweet potatoes
- 2/3 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, plus
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour, for the work surface
SWEET POTATO GNOCCHI WITH SAGE-BUTTER SAUCE
Once upon a time, there was an Italian farmer and his wife who was waiting for her dear husband to return from the field. She made some pasta and poured some wine. The beloved husband returned and ate his pasta and drank his wine. He kissed his wife and said 'Amore! Your food is delicious as always. But I am a bit tired of pasta.' 'Don't you worry, my dear husband,' the wife replied, 'Tomorrow you will have something different.'
Recipe From allrecipes.com
Provided by Explore dough
Categories Main Dish Recipes,Pasta
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Prick russet potato and sweet potato all over with a fork. Wrap individually in aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven until soft, about 1 hour 15 minutes. Unwrap the potatoes and let cool slightly.
- Remove skin from the potatoes and mash flesh in a bowl. Let cool, at least 15 minutes. Add egg and mix with a fork. Mix in all-purpose flour gradually using a spoon; knead together by hand as dough becomes tougher.
- Dust your work surface with rice flour. Place the dough on the surface; it will be quite sticky. Cut into 8 pieces; place on a tray and freeze until easier to handle, about 10 minutes.
- Take 1 piece of dough from the freezer. Roll out into a long sausage on the dusted work surface. Cut into comparably small gnocchi pieces, the smaller the better. Transfer to a dish covered with plastic wrap and dusted with flour. Repeat with the remaining 7 pieces of dough. Transfer gnocchi to the freezer until ready to cook.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook gnocchi in the boiling water until they float to the top, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Combine olive oil, butter, sage, and garlic in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook and stir until butter is melted and flavors are combined, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove garlic and add the gnocchi. Top with Parmesan cheese and mix well.
Number Of Ingredients: 10
- 1 large russet potato
- 1 large orange-fleshed sweet potato
- 1 egg
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup rice flour, or as needed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 leaves fresh sage, or more to taste
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed without breaking into pieces
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
More recipes about Sweet Potato Gnocchi With Goats Cheese and Wilted Salad recipes
Sweet Potato Gnocchi – Box of Recipes
Recipe From : boxofrecipesblog.wordpress.comAdd-in the gnocchi and sauté for another 3-4 minutes. Then add the chopped kale. Sauté for another 3-4 minutes. Remove it from the heat, add the sage butter, and toss. Serve-up the sautéed gnocchi topped with crumbled goat cheese. ...Show details
Sweet Potato Gnocchi with Spinach Goat Cheese Sauce Recipe
Recipe From : thekitchenpaper.comNov 22, 2013 · To cook, bring a salted pot of water to a boil and cook, in batches, for about 5 minutes. Remove and toss with olive oil to keep from sticking to each other. To make the sauce, melt the butter in a small saucepan. Add the garlic, cook for 30 seconds, then add the spinach. ...Show details
10 Best Gnocchi with Goat Cheese Recipes | Yummly
Recipe From : yummly.comGnocchi Skillet with Sweet Potatoes, Greens & Goat Cheese The Kitchn goat cheese, kale, pepper, olive oil, sweet potato, pecorino and 2 more Bacon Goat Cheese Gnocchi Lindselicious soft goat cheese, pesto, bacon, heirloom tomatoes, gnocchi, sea salt … ...Show details
Recipe: Gnocchi Skillet with Sweet Potatoes, Greens & Goat
Recipe From : thekitchn.comMar 13, 2015 · While the sweet potatoes are roasting, cook the gnocchi in the boiling water according to package instructions. Drain the gnocchi, then transfer to a medium-sized bowl. When the sweet potatoes are ready, add them to the gnocchi in the bowl, along with the shredded kale, goat cheese, and half of the pecorino. ...Show details
8 Cauliflower and Sweet Potato Paleo Gnocchi - Paleo Grubs
Recipe From : paleogrubs.comThis salad starts with leafy greens and adds onions, butter oil (or ghee), sweet potato gnocci made with arrowroot and potato starch, pumpkin seeds, and dried cranberries. Goat cheese is listed as a topping, but just leave it off if you don’t eat dairy. ...Show details
Sweet Potato Ricotta Gnocchi | Italian Food Forever
Recipe From : italianfoodforever.comJan 25, 2010 · Use a potato ricer to mash the potatoes into a bowl. (You should end up with approximately 2 cups of sweet potato pulp.) Add the ricotta, egg yolk, and salt and pepper and mix well. Lightly flour a baking sheet and set close to your work area. ...Show details
Goat Cheese Gnocchi with Bacon, Dates and Kentucky Wine
Recipe From : foodnetwork.comCombine the goat cheese, ricotta and eggs in a large bowl and mix until smooth and homogenous. Add 1/2 cup of flour and stir until combined. Being careful not to … ...Show details
Gnocchi Potato Salad Recipe | Delallo
Recipe From : delallo.comApr 08, 2020 · Add gnocchi and cook until they float to the top, about 4 minutes. Drain, rinse and set aside to cool. Meanwhile, in a large serving bowl combine mustard, mayonnaise, garlic powder, celery salt, lemon juice, salt, pepper and vinegar. In a slow steady stream, whisk in the oil until well combined. Add celery and gnocchi to the dressing and toss to coat. ...Show details
Crispy Brown Butter Sweet Potato Gnocchi with Balsamic
Recipe From : halfbakedharvest.comNov 12, 2013 · Make the gnocchi. Mix the mashed sweet potato, pureed burrata or ricotta, eggs, salt and parmesan together in a large bowl. Add 2 cups of the flour and … ...Show details
Sweet Potato Gnocchi With Blue Cheese Sauce Recipe - Food
Recipe From : food.comJul 31, 2008 · To make the gnocchi, first boil the sweet potato unti soft. Drain & leave to cool. In a mixing bowl, use a potato masher to combine the potato with the butter, flour, egg yolk & nutmeg.Add extra flour if it looks to sticky. Beat the mixture together using a wooden spoon to form a dough. On a floured board, roll the dough into a long sausage. ...Show details
Creamy Goat Cheese Mushroom Gnocchi - Cooking Maniac
Recipe From : cookingmaniac.comPrepare gnocchi according to package directions. Melt 1 Tbsp. butter and oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, cook for 3 minutes or until lightly browned. Add shallot,thyme and garlic; cook for 2 minutes or until shallots are transparent. ...Show details
Pesto Gnocchi with Goat Cheese and Cherry Tomatoes
Recipe From : bowlofdelicious.comFeb 03, 2014 · Sauté cooked gnocchi in 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium high in a nonstick skillet until crispy (about 5 minutes). Add pesto and tomatoes; cook for about two minutes until tomatoes soften a little bit. Add the goat cheese and stir until it melts into the … ...Show details
Easy Sweet Potato Gnocchi Recipe | Food Voyageur
Recipe From : foodvoyageur.comJul 24, 2020 · Sweet potato gnocchi recipe is one of the easiest Italian dishes to make because it requires no equipment and only requires 5 ingredients. I was always in search of a good gnocchi recipe that is like little pillows that melt in the mouth. And finally, I have succeeded. ...Show details
Sweet Potato Gnocchi - Pinterest
Recipe From : pinterest.comJan 24, 2018 - Gnocchi are something you probably order all the time at restaurants but never think about making from scratch. Well, now’s the time to start. These lightened-up homemade gnocchi call for sweet potato in place of regular potato. The sweet potato is mashed with flour, egg, and Parmesan and boiled into little dumplings. … ...Show details
Sweet Potato Gnocchi Recipe | Garlic & Zest
Recipe From : garlicandzest.comSep 16, 2019 · Flick the sweet potato gnocchi off the end of the fork and continue with another dumpling. While Person 1 cuts and forms the gnocchi, Person 2 cooks and preps the gnocchi. Person 2: Blanching & Shocking Sweet Potato Gnocchi Recipe. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add about a cup of fresh sweet potato ricotta gnocchi … ...Show details
Sweet Potato Gnocchi with Pesto Recipe | Chisel & Fork
Recipe From : chiselandfork.comOct 06, 2018 · Recipe Ingredients. Sage and Italian parsley - fresh herbs for the pesto. Pistachios - adds some texture and flavor. Goat cheese - pairs well with the sage. Garlic - can't have pesto without garlic. Salt - enhances the flavors. Olive oil - thins out the pesto. Parmesan cheese - adds flavor to pesto and thickens the gnocchi. Sweet potatoes - the star of the show. ...Show details
Inspired by lunch at Eataly: Sweet Potato Gnocchi with
Recipe From : blue-kitchen.comJan 22, 2014 · Sweet Potato Gnocchi with Wilted Kale. Serves four to six (with leftover gnocchi to freeze for a future meal) For the gnocchi: 1 cup ricotta. 2 cups baked, mashed sweet potatoes (from about 1-1/2 pounds sweet potatoes) 1 egg, lightly beaten. 1 cup freshly grated parmesan. ...Show details
Sweet Potato Gnocchi with Goat Cheese - Olive Oil Lovers
Recipe From : oliveoillovers.comThe weather has begun to to change in Northern California. One week ago it was 95 degrees, and now it is crisp and cool. The leaves are changing, and fall is finally here. This recipe aims to incorporate those comforting fall flavors, using sage, cloves, nutmeg, and sweet potatoes to create a dish best eaten by the fireplace. Gnocchi has a reputation for being a bit finicky, but in actuality ... ...Show details
Sweet potato gnocchi with goat cheese – recipe - recipe
Recipe From : unileverfoodsolutions.co.ukRub the spring onions with oil and char grill, cook the gnocchi and reheat the sauce. Drain the gnocchi and coat in the sauce, add the basil then place into serving bowl, spoon over the goats cheese mousse and charred spring onions. Garnish with the chives. ...Show details
Sweet potato gnocchi with roasted cherry tomatoes and
Recipe From : telegraph.co.ukJan 15, 2021 · Sweet potato gnocchi with roasted cherry tomatoes and spinach recipe ... chicken, feta or goat’s cheese, or with extra pine nuts. ... Stir for a few minutes to soften then add the spinach and a ... ...Show details
25 + Gnocchi Recipes | How to Make Gnocchi | Recipes
Recipe From : foodnetwork.comGnocchi Pesto Pasta Salad. ... Get the Recipe: Sweet Potato Gnocchi with Maple Cinnamon Sage Brown Butter ... Goat Cheese Gnocchi with Bacon, Dates and Kentucky Wine Sauce. ...Show details
Sweet Potato Gnocchi With Chicken Sausage | Foodtalk
Recipe From : foodtalkdaily.comAdd spinach and cook till wilted (about 3 minutes) Reduce heat to medium low and add sweet potato gnocchi and 2-4tbsp water. Cover and simmer till gnocchi is cooked (about 5 min) Top with crumbled goat, feta or parmesan cheese to serve ...Show details