Chocolate Eggnog Cannoli
CHOCOLATE EGGNOG CANNOLI
Make and share this Chocolate Eggnog Cannoli recipe from Food.com.
Recipe From food.com
Provided by Food.com
Yield 10 serving(s)
- Chocolate Cannoli Shells:.
- In a medium bowl, stir together all-purpose flour, sugar cocoa powder, and salt. Using a pastry blender, cut in butter into flour mixture until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- In a small bowl, stir together eggs, milk, and honey. Add egg mixture to flour mixture. Stir just until mixture forms a ball. Divide dough in half.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll each dough portion into a 16-inch square. Cut each square into sixteen 4-inch squares. Wrap each square lightly around one end of greased metal cannoli cylinders.
- In a small bowl, lightly beat 1 egg white. Moisten overlapping dough with egg white; press gently to seal.
- Fry cannoli shells, a few at a time, in deep, hot vegetable oil (350 degrees F) about 1 minute or until golden brown. Using tongs, carefully and gently lift shells from hot oil; drain any hot oil that is in metal cannoli cylinders back into pan. Drain on paper towels. Cool. Repeat with remaining squares.
- Egg Nog Filling:.
- Combine everything in a bowl and whip until medium-stiff peaks form. Place in freezer and ready your cannoli assembly line.
- Using a pastry bag loaded with your Eggnog Filling, pipe each cool cannoli shell full of filling. Then dip the ends into red and green sprinkles. Repeat until all shells have been filled. Serve immediately.
Number Of Ingredients: 16
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter, cold
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 egg white
- oil, for deep frying
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup eggnog
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- candy sprinkles, red and green
Our version of a famous Italian dessert features a creamy filling dotted with chocolate chunks. The chopped pistachios are an attractive touch.-Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Recipe From tasteofhome.com
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 filled pizzelle.
- In a large bowl, beat the egg, sugar, butter, vanilla, lemon zest and almond extract until blended. Combine flour and baking powder; stir into egg mixture and mix well., Bake in a preheated pizzelle iron according to manufacturer's directions until golden brown. Remove cookies and immediately shape into tubes. Place on wire racks to cool., In a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in milk until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in vanilla and cinnamon oil if desired. Cool completely., In a large bowl, beat ricotta cheese until smooth. Gradually beat in custard mixture. Fold in chocolate. Spoon or pipe into shells. Dip each side in pistachios. Serve immediately. Refrigerate leftovers.
Number Of Ingredients: 17
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1-1/8 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 drop cinnamon oil, optional
- 1-3/4 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 milk chocolate candy bar with almonds (4-1/4 ounces), chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped pistachios
Recipe From foodnetwork.com
Provided by Michael Chiarello : Food Network
Yield 14 shells
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Toast the unsalted pistachios in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until crisp. Pull from oven, cool and finely chop. Place chopped pistachios in a bowl.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, whip the heavy cream with 1 tablespoon of sugar until it holds a soft peak. In a large bowl fold together the whipped cream, raisins, 1/3 of the chopped chocolate, 1/3 of the chopped pistachios and 1 tablespoon of sugar. Gently fold the whipped cream mixture into the ricotta. When ready to serve, spoon the filling into a pastry bag fitted with a fat round tip. Fill the cannoli shells from each end.
- Blend the remaining chopped chocolate and pistachios on a plate.
- To garnish: Dip each end of the cannoli into the chocolate pistachio mixture.
- Cannoli can be filled and stored in the refrigerator no more than 1 hour ahead of time.
Number Of Ingredients: 7
- 1 cup unsalted pistachios
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons golden raisins
- 1 cup chopped bittersweet chocolate
- 1 cup ricotta
- 14 cannoli shells
I love Christmas so much that I decorate in October. I don't care for eggnog, but it's such a tradition at Christmastime that I created an eggnog that even I like! -Debbie Holcombe, Brunswick, Georgia
Recipe From tasteofhome.com
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 servings (2/3 cup each).
- In a small heavy saucepan, whisk eggs and sugar until blended; stir in 2 cups chocolate milk. Cook and stir over medium heat 12-15 minutes or until mixture is just thick enough to coat a spoon and a thermometer reads at least 160°. Do not allow to boil. Immediately transfer to a large bowl., Stir in ice cream, vanilla and nutmeg. Stir in remaining chocolate milk. In a small bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form; stir into eggnog mixture. Transfer to a pitcher., Refrigerate, covered, until cold. Stir just before serving. Top servings as desired.
Number Of Ingredients: 8
- 6 large eggs
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 4 cups 2% chocolate milk, divided
- 3 cups chocolate ice cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Optional toppings: whipped cream, ground nutmeg and/or chocolate curls
Ana and Lydia's cannoli, recipe invented on July 31st, 2005. I spent a lot of time looking for a good recipe for cannoli shells and filling. Since no two were alike, and since instructions were a bit sketchy, I worked with a friend to come up with a good recipe, including some tips that we came up with along the way. Special equipment is needed such as cannoli tubes, a pasta machine and a pastry bag to help make these cannoli come out just like the ones at Italian restaurants and bakeries. Start with 1/2 cup of confectioners' sugar, and then add more to taste.
Recipe From allrecipes.com
Provided by Lydia Nacawa
Categories World Cuisine Recipes,European,Italian
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, sugar and cinnamon. Cut in the shortening until it is in pieces no larger than peas. Make a well in the center, and pour in the egg, egg yolk, Marsala wine, vinegar and water. Mix with a fork until the dough becomes stiff, then finish it by hand, kneading on a clean surface. Add a bit more water if needed to incorporate all of the dry ingredients. Knead for about 10 minutes, then cover and refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours.
- Divide the cannoli dough into thirds, and flatten each one just enough to get through the pasta machine. Roll the dough through successively thinner settings until you have reached the thinnest setting. Dust lightly with flour if necessary. Place the sheet of dough on a lightly floured surface. Using a form or large glass or bowl, cut out 4 to 5 inch circles. Dust the circles with a light coating of flour. This will help you later in removing the shells from the tubes. Roll dough around cannoli tubes, sealing the edge with a bit of egg white.
- Heat the oil to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) in a deep-fryer or deep heavy skillet. Fry shells on the tubes a few at a time for 2 to 3 minutes, until golden. Use tongs to turn as needed. Carefully remove using the tongs, and place on a cooling rack set over paper towels. Cool just long enough that you can handle the tubes, then carefully twist the tube to remove the shell. Using a tea towel may help you get a better grip. Wash or wipe off the tubes, and use them for more shells. Cooled shells can be placed in an airtight container and kept for up to 2 months. You should only fill them immediately or up to 1 hours before serving.
- To make the filling, stir together the ricotta cheese and confectioners' sugar using a spoon. Fold in lemon zest and chocolate. Use a pastry bag to pipe into shells, filling from the center to one end, then doing the same from the other side. Dust with additional confectioners' sugar and grated chocolate for garnish when serving.
Number Of Ingredients: 15
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup white sugar
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons shortening
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- ½ cup sweet Marsala wine
- 1 tablespoon distilled white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 egg white
- 1 quart oil for frying, or as needed
- 1 (32 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- ½ cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, or to taste
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
More recipes about chocolate eggnog cannoli recipes
Chocolate Chip Holiday Nog Cannolis - Chocolate Chip
Recipe From : bigbearswife.comNov 25, 2016 · Instructions In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown suagr salt, soft butter, egg yolks and cinnamon. Using a pastry blender (or a fork) cut the butter and egg yolks into the dry ingredients until the mixture reaches the consistency of crumbs about the size of green peas. … ...Show details
Easy 5-Ingredient Cannolis Recipe - Baker by Nature
Recipe From : bakerbynature.comApr 03, 2019 · Ingredients. 8 cannoli shells, homemade or store bought will work; 2 cups ricotta cheese; 1 cup confectioners' sugar, plus extra for dusting; 3/4 cup mini chocolate … ...Show details
Cannoli Filling Recipes - Ricotta or Mascarpone
Recipe From : italian-dessert-recipes.comYes, cannoli is one of the most popular Italian Dessert Recipes but just making it isn't the whole cannoli culture. Presentation is a big deal. Presentation is a big deal. In my photos on my Cannoli Recipes you can see I dipped the edges of the cannoli in melted chocolate … ...Show details
Chocolate Chip Holiday Nog Cannolis - Chocolate Chip
Recipe From : bigbearswife.comNov 25, 2016 · Instructions. In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown suagr salt, soft butter, egg yolks and cinnamon. Using a pastry blender (or a fork) cut the butter and egg yolks into the dry ingredients until the mixture reaches the consistency of crumbs about the size of green peas. ...Show details
Best Cannoli Recipe - How to Make Homemade Cannoli
Recipe From : delish.comIn a large pot over medium heat, heat about 5cm of oil to 180°C. Working in batches, add cannoli moulds to oil and fry, turning occasionally, until golden, about 4 minutes. Remove from oil and... ...Show details
Chocolate cannoli | Jamie Oliver recipes
Recipe From : jamieoliver.comMay 16, 2018 · Pound the hazelnuts in a pestle and mortar until fine. Drain the ricotta, then blitz in a food processor with the vanilla paste, honey, cocoa and grappa until just smooth. Spoon into a piping bag with a star nozzle, and twist the bag to give tension, then pipe the filling into the cannoli. Drizzle with … ...Show details
Egg Nog Cannoli - The Food in My Beard
Recipe From : thefoodinmybeard.comDec 05, 2014 · Cheese For the Cheese - Mix the milk, cream, and nutmeg in a thick bottom pan and place in a candy thermometer. Turn on medium heat. Stir often and … ...Show details
Cannoli (Canoli Filling and Shell Recipes) - Cooking Classy
Recipe From : cookingclassy.comFeb 27, 2020 · For a no wine option use grape juice or water and vinegar as noted in recipe. Add orange zest, chopped chocolate or mini chocolate chips, chopped maraschino cherries, cinnamon, vanilla … ...Show details
Cannoli Cookies | Italian Ricotta Cannoli Cookie - This
Recipe From : thisitaliankitchen.comIn a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg; set aside. In a large bowl, use an electric mixer on medium/high to mix together the sugar, butter, and orange zest, until mixture is light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Beat in the ricotta, and egg, and mix until combined. ...Show details
Holiday Recipe Challenge: Joe Stauffer’s Eggnog Cannoli
Recipe From : ketochow.xyzDec 27, 2019 · Cannoli Cream Using a high speed mixer, beat together mascarpone and ricotta cheese. Once well combined, add Keto Chow, cinnamon, allulose, nutmeg, and … ...Show details
Lemon and White Chocolate Cannoli | Dixie Crystals - Recipes
Recipe From : dixiecrystals.comJan 04, 2016 · Ingredients 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, room temperature 3/4 cup Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar 3 tablespoons finely grated lemon zest (no white bitter pith) ...Show details
Cannoli Recipes - Cannoli Filling and Cannoli Shells
Recipe From : italian-dessert-recipes.comCannoli Filling Recipes. Cannoli filling recipes use cheese and sugar for the main ingredients. There are two opposing sides as to which cheese is the best to use - mascarpone or ricotta. I posted BOTH cannoli filling recipes on the filling page. You pick one - or try both. Cannoli … ...Show details
Chocolate Cannoli Bundt Cake - Smells Like Home
Recipe From : smells-like-home.comFeb 08, 2021 · In a large bowl, add the flour and then sift in the cocoa powder. Add the sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and espresso powder (if using). Gently whisk all of the ingredients together … ...Show details
Dark Chocolate Chunk Eggnog Cookies | Brown Eyed Baker
Recipe From : browneyedbaker.comNov 06, 2013 · Using an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Scrape the sides of the bowl and add the eggnog, egg yolk and vanilla extract; … ...Show details
Chocolate Cannoli | Better Homes & Gardens
Recipe From : bhg.comJan 11, 2013 · Fry cannoli shells, a few at a time, in deep, hot vegetable oil (350°F) about 1 minute or until golden brown. Using tongs, carefully and gently lift shells from hot oil; drain any hot oil that is in metal cannoli … ...Show details
Cannoli Cream Chocolate Truffles - Snappy Gourmet
Recipe From : snappygourmet.comJul 19, 2018 · Place Cannoli Chips in food processor and process until coarse crumbs. Mix together chip crumbs, powdered sugar, orange zest, cinnamon, and salt until well … ...Show details
Chocolate Eggnog Recipe | MyRecipes
Recipe From : myrecipes.comNov 07, 2012 · Combine eggnog, chocolate syrup and rum, if using, in a punch bowl, stirring well. Beat whipping cream with an electric mixer on high speed until foamy. Add powdered sugar; continue beating until stiff peaks form. Dollop whipped cream over eggnog; sift cocoa over top. Serve immediately. ...Show details
Jamie's chocolate eggnog recipe video | Jamie Oliver
Recipe From : jamieoliver.comDec 11, 2015 · Jamie's Chocolate eggnog recipe puts a cheeky twist on an indulgent Christmas classic! For special occasions only, this comforting treat is made with a base of Bacardi Oakheart spiced rum and has rich, spiced, chocolatey flavours with whipped egg whites bringing a super fluffy mouthfeel. ...Show details
Chocolate Eggnog Poke Cake | Crazed Mom Recipes
Recipe From : dailydishrecipes.comDec 07, 2020 · Below the recipe for Chocolate Eggnog Poke Cake are dozens of others and I know you will find something you love. Chocolate Eggnog Poke Cake. Yield: 12 servings. Prep Time: 2 hours. Cook Time: 30 minutes. Total Time: 2 hours 30 minutes. Print . Ingredients For the Cake Base: 1 box of chocolate … ...Show details
St. Nick's Chocolate Eggnog Martini - American Egg Board
Recipe From : incredibleegg.orgRecipes / St. Nick’s Chocolate Eggnog Martini St. Nick’s Chocolate Eggnog Martini 50m total time . 30M prep time. 7 ingredients 6 servings Ratings ... ...Show details