Cinder, or honeycomb, toffee, is a traditional British treat loved by children and grownups alike that can easily be made at home. Store cinder toffee at room temperature in an airtight container.
Recipe From allrecipes.com
Provided by mrsnorris
Categories World Cuisine Recipes,European,UK and Ireland,English
- Grease a rimmed 8x12-inch baking pan and line bottom and sides with parchment paper, making sure the parchment sides reach at least 2 inches above the sides of the baking sheet. Grease parchment with butter.
- Combine sugar, golden syrup, water, and vanilla extract in a deep, heavy-bottomed saucepan. Bring to a boil, but do not stir. Heat to 310 degrees F (155 degrees C) or until a small amount of syrup dropped into cold water forms hard, brittle threads, about 10 minutes. Brush the sides of the pan with a clean pastry brush dipped in water if any sugar crystals form on the sides of the pan.
- Remove from heat and carefully add baking soda; stir quickly until foaming subsides and mixture turns golden. Pour into the prepared baking pan immediately. Cool until set, about 15 minutes. Break into bite-size chunks to serve.
Number Of Ingredients: 6
- 2 ½ cups white sugar
- ¾ cup golden syrup
- 6 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
I go this from "How To Be A Domestic Goddess" by Nigella Lawson. This is really great toffee, I might even try making this with golden syrup next time.
Recipe From food.com
Provided by Miss Erin C.
Yield 6 serving(s)
- grease an 8" square pan generously with butter.
- Mix the sugar and corn syrup in a heavy bottomed saucepan and heat over low heat, simmering for 3-4 minutes.
- The mixture is done when it is a rusty caramel color.
- Take off the heat and whisk in the baking soda quickly.
- Pour into the pan and let it set, 1-2 hours.
- Once it is set, you can try and cut it into pieces, or you can just break it into pieces of whatever size you choose.
- Melt the chocolate and dip each piece (or the whole thing) into the chocolate.
- Let set on a piece of oiled foil.
Number Of Ingredients: 4
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- chocolate (for dipping)
HONEYCOMB TOFFEE RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: sugar, light corn syrup, water, baking soda, dark chocolate, sea salt
Recipe From tasty.co
Provided by Tasty
Yield 8 servings
- Line a 9"x9" (23cmx23cm) baking dish with parchment paper and grease thoroughly.
- Set aside a metal whisk and one Tablespoon of baking soda.
- In a large saucepan (bigger the better - as this will more than triple in size) over medium/high heat-combine sugar, corn syrup, and water.
- Stir to incorporate, then leave to boil. Insert candy thermometer and continue to heat-without stirring-until the mixture reaches 300˚F (150˚C).
- Remove from heat and ~working quickly~...add the baking soda and quickly whisk into the sugar syrup (whisking for no more than five seconds-to prevent deflating the toffee). The mixture will begin to expand, quickly pour it into the prepared pan and leave to set DO NOT MOVE for one to two hours.
- Once the toffee has cooled and set, remove from pan and using a blunt object, shatter the toffee into bite size pieces.
- Melt chocolate in a microwave safe bowl for 75-90 seconds. Make sure to stop and stir after every 30 seconds.
- Dip the toffee pieces in chocolate and place on a lined baking tray. Finish with a sprinkle of sea salt and place in the refrigerator to cool for 15 minutes.
Number Of Ingredients: 6
- 2 cups sugar
- ½ cup light corn syrup
- ⅓ cup water
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 cup dark chocolate
- sea salt, to taste
More recipes about cinder toffee recipes
Cinder Toffee - Recipes and cooking tips - BBC Good Food
Recipe From : bbcgoodfood.comPut the syrup, sugar, butter and water into a large heavy-bottomed pan set over a medium heat. Stir until the sugar has dissolved, before turning up the heat and bringing to the boil. STEP 3 Cook, without stirring until a teaspoon of the hot toffee mixture becomes a hard ball when dropped into a jug of cold water. ...Show details
Cinder toffee recipe | BBC Good Food
Recipe From : bbcgoodfood.comSep 19, 2013 · Place the sugar and honey in a large saucepan with 4 tbsp water. Put over a very low heat and stir until the sugar dissolves. Once the sugar has dissolved, add a sugar thermometer and bring to the boil over a high heat. Bubble until it reaches 149C on the … ...Show details
Honeycomb Toffee | Cinder Toffee Recipe by Archana's Kitchen
Recipe From : archanaskitchen.comAug 29, 2016 · Honeycomb Toffee | Cinder Toffee Recipe is also known as angel food, hokey pokey, sponge toffee or sea mist candy. It has a crunchy brittle crust which needs to be broken to chew. But yet this simple candy is a perfect gift recipe … ...Show details
How to make the perfect cinder toffee | …
Recipe From : theguardian.comOct 30, 2014 · Miss Hope and Mr Greenwood’s cinder toffee. Lawson’s recipe is the simplest: just sugar, syrup and bicarbonate of soda for that all-important burst of … ...Show details
Easy Chocolate Cinder Toffee Recipe | Step by Step Picture
Recipe From : kitchenmason.comFeb 04, 2019 · Quickly pour the cinder toffee into a silicone pan and leave for 30 minutes to set. Once set, break the cinder toffee into pieces. Break the chocolate into a … ...Show details
Cinder toffee recipe - All recipes UK
Recipe From : allrecipes.co.ukJan 11, 2017 · Grease the parchment with a little butter or oil. Add sugar, golden syrup, vanilla and water to a deep, heavy bottomed saucepan. Bring the mixture … ...Show details
3 Ingredient Cinder Honeycomb Toffee - Culinary Ginger
Recipe From : culinaryginger.comOct 21, 2020 · Line a 8 x 8-inch (20 x 20 cm) square baking pan with parchment. Add the sugar and corn syrup to a saucepan over medium heat until melted, stir to mix. Cook until a candy thermometer reads 295°F/146°C (the hard crack stage), about 15-20 minutes until golden brown without stirring. ...Show details
How to make chocolate-dipped cinder toffee - recipe
Recipe From : theguardian.comJul 18, 2014 · Immediately, and with care, pour the cinder toffee onto the baking tray and leave to cool and set. Meanwhile, melt the chocolate in a microwave or in a bowl over boiling water. ...Show details
Honeycomb recipe a.k.a Cinder Toffee - Pink Haired Pastry Chef
Recipe From : pinkhairedpastrychef.comNov 02, 2020 · Honeycomb, or Cinder Toffee, is a crispy, light honey based sugary treat. It has a hard exterior and a sponge like centre. Essentially known as the "stuff inside a Crunchie" ...Show details
Cinder toffee Recipe - Food & Drink Recipes
Recipe From : fooddrinkrecipes.comImmediately pour the toffee into the prepared tin and leave to cool completely (about two hours). When cold, prise the toffee out of the tin using a flat knife and break it up into chunks. If it is difficult to release from the tin, hit it with a hammer. ...Show details
Cinder Toffee Biscuits - The Happy Foodie
Recipe From : thehappyfoodie.co.ukMeanwhile, make the cinder toffee. Line a large shallow baking tray with greaseproof paper and put next to the hob. Put the sugar and syrup into a large pan and bring to … ...Show details
Super easy Honeycomb/Cinder Toffee recipe | Cupcake Jemma
Recipe From : youtube.comThis is one of the most satisfying things to make and it only has 3 ingredients in it, which make it kind of magical, in my opinion! It always reminds me of ... ...Show details
Honeycomb Recipe | Cinder Toffee | Hokey Pokey | Homemade
Recipe From : youtube.comHoneycomb goes by many names around the world - cinder toffee, hokey pokey, yellowman, sea foam, puff candy, sponge candy and sponge toffee are just a few of... ...Show details
Cinder Toffee Recipe - Details, Calories, Nutrition
Recipe From : recipeofhealth.comGet full Cinder Toffee Recipe ingredients, how-to directions, calories and nutrition review. Rate this Cinder Toffee recipe with 3/4 cup sugar, 4 tbsp light corn syrup, 1 … ...Show details
Vegan Desserts - Addicted to Dates - Easy Vegan Recipes
Recipe From : addictedtodates.comNov 28, 2019 · MAKE THE CINDER TOFFEE To make the cinder toffee add the water, sugar and golden syrup to your pot and place on a medium heat. Stir using a wooden spoon for a few minutes until all of … ...Show details
Cinder toffee recipe: How to make cinder toffee | Express
Recipe From : express.co.ukAug 18, 2020 · Cinder Toffee (Image: GETTY) Grease a rimmed 8x12-inch baking pan and line bottom and sides with parchment paper, making sure the parchment sides reach at least 2 inches above the sides of the... ...Show details
Honeycomb Toffee | Cinder Toffee Recipe | Recipe | Toffee
Recipe From : pinterest.com4553 · 20 minutes · Honeycomb Toffee | Cinder Toffee Recipe is also known as angel food, hokey pokey, sponge toffee or sea mist candy. It has a crunchy brittle crust which needs to be broken to chew. But yet this simple candy is a perfect gift recipe and worth taking bite after bite. ...Show details
Easy Cinder Toffee - just 3 ingredients! - COSTELLO'S BAKERY
Recipe From : costellosbakery.comApr 14, 2020 · This cinder toffee or honeycomb is so simple to make with just 3 ingredients! Ingredients. 200g caster sugar. 5 tbsp golden syrup. 2 tsp bicarbonate of soda. Method. 1. Line a deep square tin/dish with baking paper - make sure to do this first, you don't want to … ...Show details
Cinder Toffee Recipe - Lakeland Blog
Recipe From : blog.lakeland.co.ukLine a 15cm tin with baking parchment.Put the sugar, syrup, butter and water into a large heavy-based pan and set over a medium heat. Stir until the sugar has … ...Show details
Lyle's Sticky Ginger Cinder Toffee Cupcake Recipe | Lyle
Recipe From : lylesgoldensyrup.comFor the cinder toffee, grease a baking sheet with a little vegetable oil. Put the butter, caster sugar and syrup into a large saucepan (it MUST be large as the mixture will increase in volume). Heat gently until melted. Increase the heat and cook, without stirring, for 2-3 minutes until golden brown. ...Show details
Cinder Toffee | Time To Cook - Online
Recipe From : timetocookonline.comNov 19, 2015 · Cinder toffee is a traditional UK sweetie recipe which has been around for centuries, and early recipes can be found in household manuscript books from the reign of Charles II. Recently, it has seen a return to popularity under the name Honeycomb Toffee. ...Show details
Chocolate Honeycomb (Cinder Toffee) | Recipe | Desserts
Recipe From : pinterest.comApr 16, 2019 - Chocolate honeycomb (Cinder Toffee) is the easiest and tastiest candy known to man. Make your own Crunchie bar at home with just a couple of ingredients! ...Show details
Irresistible malted cinder toffee recipe | The Crafty
Recipe From : thecraftygentleman.netAug 14, 2016 · This recipe is for malted cinder toffee, which is a really brittle and crunchy form of toffee, similar to honeycomb. The addition of malt extract gives it a subtle smoky flavour, which is insanely addictive and delicious. Better yet, the final pieces are coated in a generous dollop of chocolate! Perfection. Check out the recipe … ...Show details
Cinder toffee coffee cheesecake recipe - My Thrifty Life
Recipe From : cassiefairy.comOct 15, 2014 · Crush up some cinder toffee (in a bag, with a rolling pin again) and sprinkle all over the top of the cheesecake before adding a few big chunks of cinder toffee to the centre to decorate. The cinder toffee that I bought already had white a dark chocolate drizzled over the top so either use the same type of cinder toffee… ...Show details
Tristan Welch's Cinder Toffee - meemalee
Recipe From : meemalee.comAug 15, 2010 · He made Raspberry and Black Pepper "Angel Delight", Banana Split with Rum and Chocolate Mousse, and Cinder Toffee aka puff candy, honeycomb toffee or hokey pokey - all super-simple and gorgeous. The recipes are all in September's Delicious Magazine, but we were given copies to take away (as well as a welcoming glass of Prosecco), ... ...Show details
Halloween Recipe: Krampus' Favorite Cinder Toffee
Recipe From : eatthedead.comSurprisingly, a non-flaming version cinder toffee is already a real thing with you people. In fact, I did a little digging before this post and found a pretty impressive recipe online here (love how this looks!) Now while I loved how their version turned out visually, I wanted to switch up the actual recipe a bit. ...Show details