Citrus Ceviche With Shrimp And Scallops
CITRUS CEVICHE WITH SHRIMP AND SCALLOPS
This is a twist on a Emeril Lagasse recipe from 2005. Recipe is healthy, flavorful, and easy to prepare. My family doesn't like "hot" stuff, so this recipe is mild. That being said, feel free to add serrano chiles or jalapeno peppers to your taste. I made about 4 different ceviches the other day for taste testing (yes, my husband is spoiled) and this was our favorite. NOTE: I have made this several times since the original posting and wanted to post a quick update. Feel free to sub sweet bell pepper (diced) for the cucumber. Also add salt and lemon pepper to taste at the end AFTER it is "cooked". I usually let mine "cook" for 6 hours, not the 3 recommended.
Recipe From food.com
Provided by januarybride
Yield 6 serving(s)
- In a medium-sized stainless steel or clear glass bowl, place lemon, lime and orange juices.
- Stir in the shrimp, scallops, cucumber and red onion. If you are adding chiles or peppers, add them now as well.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours. The shrimp and scallops should have turned white (from opaque) meaning that the citrus juices have "cooked" them.
- 30 minutes prior to serving, remove from the fridge and stir in the tomato, avocado, chopped cilantro, and olive oil.
- Serve in martini glasses with saltine crackers on the side if you want to be fancy, otherwise just put the bowl out with a few spoons and a whole bunch of saltine crackers and tortilla chips and let everyone dig in!
- To serve, divide the ceviche between 6 chilled martini glasses.
Number Of Ingredients: 13
- 1/2 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/2 lb bay scallop (the little ones)
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 2 limes, juice of
- 2 oranges, juice of
- 1 cup cucumber, peeled and diced into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup diced tomato
- 1 avocado, peeled, seeded, and chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon roughly chopped cilantro leaf (may add more if you like)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper (optional)
SHRIMP AND SCALLOP CEVICHE
Recipe From foodnetwork.com
Provided by Food Network
Yield 6 appetizer portions
- Put a 4-quart stockpot over high heat and fill with 2 quarts of water. Season the water with 1/4 cup kosher salt and bring to a boil. Once the water comes to a boil, add the shrimp to the pot and immediately turn off the heat. Let the shrimp sit until just cooked through, about 3 minutes. Remove the shrimp from the water and spread out on a sheet pan to cool.
- Once the shrimp are completely cooled, chop into 1/2-inch pieces and put in a medium-sized nonreactive bowl. Add the scallops, lemon, lime and orange juices and stir in the cucumber, red onion and chiles. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Stir the tomatoes, avocado, chopped cilantro, and olive oil into the shrimp and scallop mixture. Allow it to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes, then season to taste with kosher salt.
- To serve, divide the ceviche between 6 chilled martini glasses, garnish with cilantro leaves.
Number Of Ingredients: 13
- 1/4 cup kosher salt, plus more for seasoning
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 pound bay scallops
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 2 limes, juiced
- 2 oranges, juiced
- 1 cup peeled, seeded and diced cucumber
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 serrano chiles, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 cup seeded and diced tomatoes
- 1 Hass avocado, peeled, seeded, and chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon roughly chopped fresh cilantro leaves, plus leaves for garnish
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
SCALLOP, SHRIMP, AND SQUID "CEVICHE"
Recipe From epicurious.com
Provided by Gina Marie Miraglia Eriquez
Yield Makes 6 (first course) servings
Categories Fruit,Onion,Vegetable,Marinate,Poach,Dinner,Orange,Scallop,Shrimp,Squid,Gourmet,Sugar Conscious,Pescatarian,Dairy Free,Wheat/Gluten-Free,Peanut Free,Tree Nut Free,Soy Free,No Sugar Added
- Whisk together juice, chile purée, onion, and 1 1/2 teaspoons salt in a large bowl for marinade.
- Halve squid tentacles lengthwise and cut bodies (including flaps, if attached) crosswise into 1/4-inch rings.
- Poach scallops and shrimp in a medium pot of barely simmering water, stirring occasionally, until barely cooked through, about 1 minute. Stir in squid and cook, stirring occasionally, until just tender, about 40 seconds.
- Drain seafood well in a colander and add to marinade. Marinate, uncovered and chilled, at least 3 hours (for flavors to develop).
- Just before serving, stir in cilantro. Spoon seafood into shallow bowls with a slotted spoon, then spoon marinade over it.
Number Of Ingredients: 7
- 1 cup fresh Seville orange juice (or 1/2 cup regular fresh orange juice plus 1/2 cup fresh lime juice)
- 1 tablespoon bottled ají amarillo chile pur��e (often labeled "crema")
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 pound cleaned squid
- 1/2 pound sea scallops, tough ligament removed and scallops halved horizontally
- 1/2 pound large shrimp in shell (21 to 25 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
More recipes about citrus ceviche with shrimp and scallops recipes
Orange Citrus Shrimp and Scallop Ceviche | Cooking On The
Recipe From : highlandsranchfoodie.comJul 05, 2009 · Place shrimp and scallops on a plate and put in the fridge to chill. Cool down the citrus mixture by placing it in the freezer for 30 minutes. Add diced tomato, the onions, jalapeno pepper… ...Show details
Shrimp & Scallop Ceviche with Citrus « Chris' Recipes
Recipe From : recipes.billswinewandering.comPlace the cucumber, onion, ginger and cubed shrimp and scallops in a medium-sized clear glass bowl and cover completely with the lemon, lime and orange juices as well as the zest moorhuhn 3 for free. Allow this combination to sit at room temperature for … ...Show details
Recipe: Yummy Super Easy Shrimp and Scallop Ceviche
Recipe From : steprecipe.comFeb 16, 2021 · Stir in the shrimp, scallops, cucumber and red onion. If you are adding chiles or peppers. Chop shrimp and scallops into large, diced pieces and add to a large bowl Add jalapeno, shallots Add cilantro and pomegranate seeds and mix. ...Show details
Shrimp and Scallop Ceviche - Ravenous Couple
Recipe From : theravenouscouple.comJul 31, 2009 · When shrimp and scallop mixture is ready, drain the citrus. Toss in the red onions, mangos, red bell peppers, jalepenos and mix well with the remaining 1/4 cup of fresh lime juice. Now add Kosher salt or fresh cracked sea salt to taste as well as fresh cracked pepper. Finally toss in chopped mint and serve. ...Show details
Ceviche with Tilapia, Scallops and Shrimp
Recipe From : domesticdreamboat.comJun 09, 2014 · Remove shrimp tails and slice both shrimp and scallops 1/3" thick. Mix seafood, lime zest, lime and lemon juice, bell pepper, jalapeno, garlic and 1/2 tsp salt in a medium bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour, stirring halfway through. Pour mixture into a mesh strainer to drain excess liquid… ...Show details
Citrus Shrimp Ceviche | Downshiftology
Recipe From : downshiftology.comApr 14, 2018 · Place the shrimp in the boiling water and cook for one minute. Use a skimmer to remove the shrimp to the ice water bath. Once the shrimp have fully cooled, drain the water through a colander. Pour the lime juice, lemon juice and orange juice into a large bowl and add the shr… ...Show details
Citrus Shrimp and Scallops | Better Homes & Gardens
Recipe From : bhg.comJun 14, 2011 · Halve any large scallops. Place scallops and shrimp in a plastic bag set in a deep bowl. For marinade, combine orange peel, orange juice, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, and red pepper. ...Show details
10 Simple Ceviche Recipes | How to Make Ceviche | Recipes
Recipe From : foodnetwork.comScallop Ceviche with Candied Citrus This clever recipe uses the time while the scallops are marinating in the citrus juice to make candied orange and lime peel. ...Show details
Orange Shrimp and Scallop Ceviche
Recipe From : smartypantskitchen.comMay 21, 2020 · Ceviche is raw shellfish or fish that is marinated, or "cooked" in citrus juice. The concept of cooking without heat is an old method which hails from South America. Also known as "Seviche" or … ...Show details
Easy Citrus Ceviche - thestayathomechef.com
Recipe From : thestayathomechef.comJul 22, 2019 · Ceviche can be eaten alone, atop fresh greens, or with something more substantial. Traditional Ceviche is often eaten with boiled potatoes, yams and corn. You can stick with a seafood theme for a main dish and serve it along lobster, shrimp or scallops… ...Show details
Mexican-Inspired Bay Scallop Ceviche recipe
Recipe From : cookingwithbooks.netJan 13, 2017 · Wash the shrimp and mince into small pieces. Place in a large bowl and toss with lime; juice. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours. Meanwhile, stir together cilantro, onion, … ...Show details
The Very Best Shrimp Ceviche Recipe - The Suburban Soapbox
Recipe From : thesuburbansoapbox.comAug 07, 2018 · In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon, lime and orange juice to combine. Pour 1/2 cup of the citrus juice over the shrimp and toss to combine. Allow the shrimp to marinade in the juice for … ...Show details
Best Scallop, Shrimp, And Squid "ceviche" Recipes and
Recipe From : thedailymeal.comCeviche is a South American seafood dish that uses citrus or vinegar, in this case lime juice, to “cook” the seafood. Throw in a little tequila to add some sweet flavors to this fresh and healthy shrimp dish. ...Show details
Shrimp & Scallop Ceviche with Avocado | Avocados From Mexico
Recipe From : avocadosfrommexico.comIn a medium bowl, combine shrimp, scallops, and lime juice; toss to combine, Cover and place in refrigerator to marinate for 3 hours or until shrimp and scallops are white in … ...Show details
Quick and Easy Seafood Ceviche Recipe is Perfect for
Recipe From : everydaysouthwest.comApr 22, 2011 · Mix together the orange, lime and lemon juices with the diced red onion, jalapeno and minced cilantro. Add the seafood and chill for 20 to 30 minutes. If you do not poach the shrimp and would like to go “authentico,” Marinate the seafood for 45 minutes to one hour. Make sure the seafood is freely floating in the citrus marinade. ...Show details
The Best Scallop Ceviche Recipe — The Mom 100
Recipe From : themom100.comFeb 03, 2019 · What fish is good for ceviche? The types of fish and seafood that can be used vary: much of it features firm, white fish such as seabass or flounder (thick or thin, either works), but different types of seafood can also be used, like shrimp or scallops, as in this recipe. ...Show details
Cucumber Ceviche with Scallops and Shrimp Recipe by Off
Recipe From : thedailymeal.comJul 10, 2012 · In a large, nonreactive bowl, toss the cooled shrimp and scallops with the tomatoes, chiles, cilantro, and onion. Add reserved juice and toss again. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours. Season … ...Show details
Scallops with Citrus Ginger Sauce - Downshiftology
Recipe From : downshiftology.comMar 10, 2019 · Place the scallops in the pan and cook for 1 1/2 – 2 minutes each side, until golden. Remove the scallops to a plate and add butter, orange juice, lemon juice … ...Show details
Shrimp & Scallop Ceviche Recipe by Shinae - Cookpad
Recipe From : cookpad.comGreat recipe for Shrimp & Scallop Ceviche. Merry Christmas, everyone! I hope you're all enjoying the day surrounded by loved ones and delicious things to eat. :) <3 Fish ceviche is delicious, but this just happens to be my favorite combo. Pre-cooked shrimp has a certain sweetness that... ...Show details
Tropical Shrimp & Scallop Ceviche - Clean Eating
Recipe From : cleaneatingmag.comJul 28, 2016 · In a large stainless steel, glass or ceramic bowl, add shrimp, scallops, lime juice and pinch salt; toss gently to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 20 to 30 minutes, until shrimp and scallops are opaque and springy to the touch. Drain and discard lime juice from mixture. Return mixture to bowl and add mango, avocado, chile pepper and cilantro. ...Show details
Shrimp & Scallop Ceviche • The Traveling Epicurean
Recipe From : thetravelingepicurean.comMay 23, 2016 · The fish cures/cooks in citrus juice for an hour or two while you get all your salsa ingredients in order. The citrus curing juices are drained from the fish, leaving a tender shrimp & scallops to be tossed with salsa and voilà. The base of the shrimp and scallop ceviche here is my mango salsa recipe. ...Show details
Our 9 Best Shrimp Ceviche Recipes | Allrecipes
Recipe From : allrecipes.comMar 09, 2021 · If you love the flavor combination of shrimp and citrus, you're going to love these shrimp ceviche recipes. The acid in the citrus fruit "cooks" the raw shrimp while it marinates — but there's no actual cooking required. Here we've compiled our best shrimp ceviche recipes so you can create a sensational treat for shrimp lovers. ...Show details
Shellfish Watermelon Ceviche recipe | Epicurious.com
Recipe From : epicurious.comJul 01, 2003 · Drain scallops and shrimp well and pat dry. Add scallops, shrimp, lobster, and mint to watermelon mixture and toss to combine, then season with salt. Chill ceviche, covered, at least 1 hour. ...Show details
Spicy Shrimp and Scallop Seviche Recipe | MyRecipes
Recipe From : myrecipes.comAug 10, 2004 · To make sturdy baked chips to dip in the seviche, sprinkle flour tortilla wedges with ground red pepper, and bake at 350° until golden brown. Blanching the seafood in boiling water gives it a head start before it finishes "cooking" in the citrus … ...Show details
Scallops recipe with sweet-tart citrus sauce can brighten
Recipe From : washingtonpost.comJan 28, 2021 · In this dish, citrus juice and segments come together in with sautéed shallots and white wine to form a stunning, slurpy, sweet-tart sauce that is poured over seared scallops. ...Show details