Civilized Barbacoa Smoked Chuck Roast Recipes
BOBBY'S SMOKED CHUCK ROAST
Smoked chuck roast with a burnt end option.
Recipe From allrecipes.com
Provided by Bobby
Categories Main Dish Recipes,Roast Recipes
- Preheat a smoker to 275 degrees F (135 degrees C).
- Combine salt, pepper, garlic powder, and steak seasoning in a bowl. Rub mixture evenly over the roast and place in a baking pan.
- Cook roast in the smoker until meat reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F (74 degrees C), 4 to 4 1/2 hours. Wrap roast in aluminum foil and continue smoking until meat reaches an internal temperature of 195 degrees F (90 degrees C), about 1 hour more.
- Remove roast from smoker and let sit for 20 minutes. Leave smoker on.
- Cut meat into cubes and return to the baking dish. Add barbeque sauce and brown sugar.
- Smoke meat for 1 1/2 to 2 hours more.
Number Of Ingredients: 7
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon Montreal steak seasoning
- 1 (3 pound) chuck roast, or more to taste
- ½ cup barbeque sauce
- ¼ cup brown sugar
SMOKED CHUCK ROAST
Cheap cuts of meat that produce the most flavor on the plate is why I chose to take on the Chuck roast. You will need a aluminum drip pan for the water to sit in.
Recipe From food.com
Provided by rdc8214
Yield 4 serving(s)
Categories Roast Beef
- Marinate Chuck roast in a ziploc bag for at least 12 hours.
- Pull meat from bag and reserve juices for basting.
- Set meat on plate and cover with half the Vegeta seasoning. Allowing the meat to come to room temperature. Pick meat up and wipe excess wetness from plate and flip meat over to distribute remaining half of seasoning.
- Indirect smoking on a normal grill and smoke is the process i used.
- Place 10 coals on intake side of grill and get them ready.
- Wood chips should be soaked for at least a half hour and no longer than 2 hours before being used.
- Place aluminum drip pan under the grate and add water.
- When coals are ready place meat on opposite side of coals over drip pan.
- Add 1 cup of wood chips(drained) and cut off air flow from all vents to maximize the smokes effect.
- When smoke stops being visible (usually 25-30 min) open grill and add more chips. At this time you can also baste with the reserved juices if appropriate ( I usually wait an hour to start basting).
- After smoke from second application of wood chips has stopped then turn meat 180 degrees and repeat the application of wood chips.
- At this time you should also add 5 or 6 coals and (throughout this whole time feel free to add if they are getting low. Adding a couple to the top of wood chips on every application will work well.).
- After the next two applications of wood flip roast over and repeat the applications of wood and 180 degree turn. These steps should take about 2 hours. Remember baste as much as you can while you have the lid open.
- Now place roast in aluminum foil and cover with another sheet, crimping the sides so the juices remain in the foil pack.
- Sit the roast in the medium heat range on your grill and keep temperature around 300 degrees for at least 2 1/2 hours.
- Slice and serve.
Number Of Ingredients: 6
- 1 (2 1/2-3 lb) chuck roast
- 3/4 cup dry red wine
- 3 tablespoons vegeta seasoning (or any other salt based rub)
- 5 -6 cups soaked wood chips (I used Hickory)
- aluminum foil
- 3 cups water
More recipes about civilized barbacoa smoked chuck roast recipes recipes
Civilized Barbacoa (Smoked Chuck Roast) Recipe - Food.com
Recipe From : food.comSep 06, 2006 · Heat smoker to 250F-300°F. Place the roast on the smoker. Once the internal temperature is 160 F (about 4 hours), wrap the roast in heavy duty aluminum foil. Cook for a couple of more hours … ...Show details
Civilized Barbacoa (Smoked Chuck Roast) Recipe
Recipe From : familyoven.comHeat smoker to 250F-300°F. Place the roast on the smoker. Once the internal temperature is 160 F (about 4 hours), wrap the roast in heavy duty aluminum foil. Cook for a couple of more hours or until the meat internal temperature is about 200°F. ...Show details
Southern Texas-Style Beef Barbacoa Recipe | Allrecipes
Recipe From : allrecipes.comJun 08, 2018 · Place the chuck roast into a mixing bowl, and rub all over with the spice mixture. Place the meat into the smoker, and smoke for 1 1/2 hours, turning about every half hour. The meat should be a dark red color, and the edges should be darkened. Place the meat into a roasting pan, and seal tightly with aluminum foil. ...Show details
Smoked Chuck Roast - The Barbecue Lab
Recipe From : thebarbecuelab.comJul 03, 2019 · Generously season the outside of the roast with layers of Fiesta fajita seasoning, coarse black pepper, and Montreal Steak Seasoning. Place the chuck roast on the cooking grate and maintain a 275° fire for about 3.5 hours. Transfer the roast into the aluminum pan and pour beef stock or broth over top. Cover the pan with aluminum foil to seal. ...Show details
Smoked and Braised Mexican Beef Barbacoa Recipe :: The
Recipe From : meatwave.comMay 18, 2017 · To make the rub: Mix together salt, ancho chile powder, guajillo chile powder, cumin, oregano, onion powder, garlic powder, chipotle powder, and ground cloves. Season beef shoulder roast liberally with rub all over. Fire up … ...Show details
Mouthwatering Smoked and Sliced Beef Chuck Roast Recipe
Recipe From : amazingribs.comDec 03, 2017 · With this smoked sliced chuck roast recipe, you'll be able to create beef as moist, tender, and flavorful as traditional Texas brisket. Taken from the shoulder of the steer directly above the brisket, chuck roast offers as much flavor as its neighboring … ...Show details
10 Best Smoked Chuck Roast Recipes | Yummly
Recipe From : yummly.comMay 09, 2021 · steak marinade, seasoning mix, pepper, chuck roast, dark brown sugar and 1 more Smoked Chuck Roast (Paleo, Whole30 + Keto) Real Simple Good beef broth, coconut aminos, tomato paste, apple cider vinegar and 11 more Bánh Mi with Smoked Chuck Roast Pit Barrel Cooker ...Show details
Easy Smoked Chuck Roast Recipe - Grillseeker
Recipe From : grillseeker.comOct 01, 2020 · Light your charcoal grill or smoker and set up for indirect heat, establishing a temperature of 225 degrees. Combine all ingredients for your rub in a small bowl and whisk together. Liberally coat all sides of the beef chuck roast with rub. ...Show details
Smoked Chuck Roast Argentinian Style - Date Night Doins
Recipe From : datenightdoins.comJun 04, 2020 · Place your roast into the pan with the Spanish marinade with the sweet peppers, garlic and onions. Dust with the chipotle chili powder for color and you are ready for the grill. After 2 hours add the smoked garlic and jalapenos and top with the salsa. Give it a “Kiss of smoke” for an hour and then cover. ...Show details
Smoked Chuck Roast - BBQ & Grilling
Recipe From : derrickriches.comMay 21, 2019 · Instructions Prepare smoker 4 to 6 hour smoke at a temperature between 250 and 275 degrees If using wood for smoke, add it when the meat is placed on the … ...Show details
How to Smoke Chuck Roast [Meat Prep, Woods, Rubs & Recipe
Recipe From : theonlinegrill.comFeb 11, 2021 · Heat up smoker to 225°F. When warm, place meat on cooking grates. Cook for 90 minutes per pound of meat, or until internal temperature reached 195°F. Usually between 6-10 hours. ...Show details
Mexican Shredded Beef - Barbacoa | Mom's Dinner
Recipe From : momsdinner.netDec 07, 2020 · In a blender or food processor add the garlic cloves, cumin, oregano, smoked paprika, onion powder, chipotles in adobo, lime juice, and vinegar. Process … ...Show details
Barbacoa Beef Tacos | Emeril Lagasse | Rachael Ray Show
Recipe From : rachaelrayshow.comSep 10, 2020 · Season the roast on both sides with the salt and black pepper. Heat a large Dutch oven over high heat and add the oil. When the oil is hot, add the roast and … ...Show details
Backyard Barbacoa Tacos (on the grill) | Learning To
Recipe From : learningtosmoke.comSep 17, 2019 · Divide chuck roast into 6-8 pieces, season, and sear pieces in cast iron skillet for 1-2 minutes on each side Place meat in 8x8 foil pan and pour adobo in. Add bay leaves. Place on grill at 275 degrees over indirect heat for 4-5 hours, turn chunks of beef halfway through the cook. ...Show details
Smoked Pot Roast Recipe | Traeger Grills
Recipe From : traegergrills.comMay 17, 2020 · This easy recipe starts with a chuck roast that is rubbed with a blend of spices then smoked directly on the grill for 90 minutes. Drop the roast in a Dutch oven with potatoes, carrots, onions as well as aromatics and chicken stock, and let it cook … ...Show details
Insanely Good Smoked Seasoned Chuck Roast Recipe
Recipe From : mrecipes.comOpen the foil and place the chuck roast on your cutting board. Discard the foil. Slice the roast with a very sharp blade, unless you are shredding for sandwiches. Serve with your favorite sides, as suggested below. Sides for Smoked Chuck Roast Smoked Fresh … ...Show details
A Pair of Smoked Chuck Roasts - Learn to Smoke Meat with
Recipe From : smoking-meat.comJan 19, 2017 · This recipe will produce a pair of smoked chuck roasts with one sweet and spicy and the other.. savory only. It's a great way to serve smoked chuck roast and give your guests a choice of … ...Show details
Smoked Chuck Roast | Pit Boss Pellet Grill - YouTube
Recipe From : youtube.comOn this show Let's learn HOW TO do a Beef Chuck Roast low and slow. use your Favorite rubs. I used #unclestevesshake because I love this stuff. http://www.u... ...Show details
Smoked Chuck Roast | Tasty Kitchen: A Happy Recipe Community!
Recipe From : tastykitchen.comMay 22, 2019 · Combine all rub ingredients in a bowl. Coat beef roast with rub and place in the smoker. Smoke at 225ºF until meat temperature reaches 165ºF or about 4–5 hours. If you prefer the meat to fall apart, continue to smoke until internal temperature … ...Show details
Smoked Chuck Roast - Texas Butter®
Recipe From : texasbutter.comDec 05, 2018 · The fat in general makes the roast tender and juicy. The hard fat can easily be pulled off/out at the end of cook. You could look at the cut of beef as the pork shoulder of the cow. This recipe is for smoking the chuck roast. The sandwiches are dinner rolls/sliders with the beef, mashed potatoes, and au ju rendered from the roast. ...Show details
Crock Pot Beef Barbacoa - The Seasoned Mom
Recipe From : theseasonedmom.comJul 03, 2020 · The chipotles are dried, smoked jalapeños, and the adobo is a tangy, slightly-sweet sauce. Together, the canned peppers and sauce give the barbacoa a ton of flavor! Make it the traditional way by using beef cheeks instead of chuck roast. Barbacoa in the Oven: You can roast the beef in a Dutch oven instead of using the slow cooker. To do so ... ...Show details
Smoked Chuck Roast - manbeyondthecave.com
Recipe From : manbeyondthecave.comSmoked Chuck Roast I love doing a smoked chuck roast when I’m in the mood for a pulled beef sandwich or three. It’s also a great place to start if you’re not quite ready to tackle a brisket yet, because it will kinda give you an indication on how beef behaves … ...Show details
Civilized Barbacoa (Smoked Chuck Roast) Recipe - Food.com
Recipe From : pinterest.comMar 26, 2016 - Barbacoa in some parts of Mexico and South Texas means cooking a cow's head. Yuk! I got this delicious version from www.lomexicano.com. The pulled chuck is served with tortillas. ...Show details
Smoked Chuck Roast as a Brisket Alternative | Seared and
Recipe From : searedandsmoked.comFeb 24, 2018 · Add one more chunk of wood after 1.5 hours, then let the smoker and the charcoal do the rest of the work. When the bark is nice and developed (around the 6 hour mark), spray the chuck roast with a mixture of 50% water and 50% apple cider vinegar and then wrap the chuck roast in pink butcher paper.. I skipped this step during this cook, due to over sleeping, but I do recommend this step to keep ... ...Show details
Easy Smoked Chuck Roast Burnt Ends! - I Love Grilling Meat
Recipe From : ilovegrillingmeat.comJul 11, 2016 · This is a very easy smoked chuck roast burnt ends recipe combined with a Yellow Gold BBQ Sauce that will take your dish to the next level and make their mouths water. Enjoy! Smoked Chuck Roast Burnt Ends. Poor Man’s Burnt Ends Ingredients. 1 t Freshly Ground Pepper; 2 t Garlic Powder; ...Show details
Smoked chuck roast - Pinterest
Recipe From : pinterest.comJun 25, 2017 - Explore Tony Belletto's board "Smoked chuck roast" on Pinterest. See more ideas about smoked chuck roast, smoked food recipes, smoking recipes. ...Show details