Clear Tomato Soup
CLEAR TOMATO SOUP
This recipe is so simple, but so yummy. It is very satisfying on a cold night, and comes in handy when you want to make something quick and flavorful. This is my own recipe which I developed because when I was making my "Intoxicating, Sinful, Just plain delicious MARINARA SAUCE" recipe, I always had tons of leftover tomato juice that I didn't want to keep wasting. I decided to make soup and ended up getting a "free meal" so to speak. So, this meal is three things: economical, efficient, and comforting to eat.
Recipe From food.com
Provided by alice Dave
Yield 8 cups, 4-6 serving(s)
Categories Clear Soup
- Put all the ingredients in a saucepan and cook on medium heat.
- Let it cook to thicken up a little and for the flavors to mature.
- Serve with cheesebread or Croutons.
- I make my cheesebread by taking a slice of white bread with a little mayo, and a thin slice of mozarella or cheddar cheese put under the broiler.
- I make my croutons by cutting day old white bread into squares, sticking it on a cooking sheet at 350 degrees until hard. Then put into a bowl with melted butter and dry basil and oregano. Voila!
Number Of Ingredients: 5
- 8 cups tomato juice, strained (please refer to my "Intoxicating, Sinful, Just plain delicious MARINARA SAUCE" recipe if you need to)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (I'm not sure on this measurement. I think it is right, but might be a little more or a little less.)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
CLEAR TOMATO SOUP WITH HERB CREPES
Recipe From foodnetwork.com
Provided by Food Network
Yield 6 servings
- In a blender, combine the flour, milk, water, egg, egg white, and salt and blend until smooth. Pour into a measuring cup with a lip and stir in the herbs. Cover and leave to rest for 10 minutes. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and add 2 tablespoons of the clarified butter. Pour about 1/4 cup of the crepe batter into the pan and tilt it in all directions so that it forms a thin coating, then quickly pour out any excess. Cook until the bottom of the crepe is lightly browned, lifting up the edges to check, then flip over and cook for 15 to 20 seconds more. Remove from the pan, add little more butter, and make the next crepe the same way. Continue until you have used all the batter. Pile the crepes up, roll them into a tube, and thinly slice them crosswise into a julienne. Set aside until ready to serve.
- In a food processor fitted with the metal blade, puree the tomatoes for 3 to 4 minutes, pulsing on and off and scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary untilt he puree is very smooth and watery. Pour the puree into a large saucepan, add the egg whites and the salt and whisk together. Slowly bring the liquid to a boil over medium-high heat, whisking constantly so that the liquid doesn't stick to the bottom of the pot. When the liquid comes to a boil, reduce the heat to very low, so that it just barely simmers, and allow to cook completely undisturbed for 5 minutes.
- Line a sieve with a double-thickness of slightly dampened cheesecloth. Without disturbing the crust of egg white which has formed, slowly pour the soup through the sieve into a clean pan (all the skin and impurities will be left behind, with the egg whites, in the sieve). Drain in the sieve for 15 minutes, then gently reheat just before serving.
- Add pepper to taste and serve in warmed bowls, each one garnished with a little jumbe of the slivered herb crepes.
Number Of Ingredients: 14
- 1/2 cup instant-blending flour
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped chives
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh tarragon
- 3 tablespoons clarified butter
- 6 pounds vine-ripened plum tomatoes, quartered
- 7 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- Freshly ground white pepper
CLEAR TOMATO-BASIL SOUP
Amaze your friends! The ingredients are chopped up in a blender, then allowed to drip. The result is a perfectly clear (not red) tomato soup! This recipe comes from Laocook.com.
Recipe From food.com
Provided by threeovens
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Categories Clear Soup
- Chop the tomatoes (large dice) and rough chop the basil; place all the ingredients into a blender, in batches, and process only a few seconds so that you get a coarse chop, not a pulp.
- Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Place all the ingredients into a cheesecloth bag that you fashion, and suspend over a bowl for 6 hours or overnight; discard the first few red drops, then the liquid will be clear. Do not squeeze the bag or you will color the liquid.
- Spoon into individual serving bowls and garnish as desired.
Number Of Ingredients: 4
- 6 lbs tomatoes
- 1 bunch fresh basil leaf
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
THE BEST EVER TOMATO SOUP
Creamy, rich and bursting with brightness, this tomato soup recipe is the ultimate sidekick to a grilled cheese sandwich. You can't beat this homemade version of the classic. - Josh Rink, Taste of Home Food Stylist
Recipe From tasteofhome.com
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 16 servings (4 quarts).
- In a 6-quart stockpot or Dutch oven, heat oil, butter and pepper flakes over medium heat until butter is melted. Add carrots and onion; cook, uncovered, over medium heat, stirring frequently, until vegetables are softened, 8-10 minutes. Add garlic and dried basil; cook and stir 1 minute longer. Stir in tomatoes, chicken stock, tomato paste, sugar, salt and pepper; mix well. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, to let flavors blend, 20-25 minutes. , Remove pan from heat. Using a blender, puree soup in batches until smooth. If desired, slowly stir in heavy cream, stirring continuously to incorporate; return to stove to heat through. Top servings with fresh basil if desired.
Number Of Ingredients: 15
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 3 cans (28 ounces each) whole peeled tomatoes, undrained
- 1 container (32 ounces) chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, optional
- Fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced, optional
SIMPLE TOMATO SOUP
This is my go-to tomato soup recipe. It's so easy and delicious. It's easily made vegan (if you use margarine instead of butter or 2 tablespoons of olive oil), ready in 30 minutes, and I give leftovers to my kids for lunch. If you like, you can add cream, but my family likes it the way it is. I usually serve it with rosemary bread for dunking.
Recipe From allrecipes.com
Provided by barbara
Categories Soups, Stews and Chili Recipes,Soup Recipes,Vegetable Soup Recipes,Tomato Soup Recipes
- Heat butter and olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-low heat and cook onion and garlic until onion is soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. Add tomatoes, water, sugar, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, celery seed, and oregano. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and puree with an immersion blender. Reheat soup until warm and season with more salt and pepper if desired.
Number Of Ingredients: 12
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter or margarine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 large garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 2 (28 ounce) cans whole peeled tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon celery seed
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
More recipes about clear tomato soup recipes
Clear Tomato Soup | Cuisine Techniques
Recipe From : greatchefs.comTo make the soup: Quarter the tomatoes. Put the beef stock in a large pot and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Add the tomatoes and set aside off the heat to steep for four hours. Put in the refrigerator to chill. ...Show details
Clear Tomato Soup with herbs - Pepper Bowl
Recipe From : pepperbowl.comJul 05, 2019 · How to make clear tomato soup Make the base for the soup: Add roughly chopped onion, tomato to two cups of water. Cook tomato and onion till it becomes fork-tender. Let … ...Show details
Clear Tomato Soup Recipe - How To Make Clear Tomato Soup
Recipe From : indobase.comHow to make Clear Tomato Soup: Take a pan and cook all the ingredients in it, together, for twenty minutes, on medium-low flame. Rub the soup through a fine strainer and add 2 cups of water to it. ...Show details
Clear Tomato Soup Recipe – Vinaya's Culinary Delights
Recipe From : vinayasculinarydelights.comJul 01, 2020 · Clear Tomato Soup Recipe. Posted on July 1, 2020 by vinayaprabhu2. This soup has fond memories attached to it as I was served this soup by my Mother in law the first time I was invited for lunch after my engagement. It is a fragrant soup … ...Show details
Clear Tomato Soup - Recipe | Cooks.com
Recipe From : cooks.comSep 23, 2016 · Saute onion, carrot, celery and garlic in butter, covered, until soft, adding more butter if needed. Add tomatoes, tomato paste, seasonings and herbs. Bring to gentle boil, cover and simmer 30 minutes. Discard thyme and bay leaf and strain, forcing as much pulp through sieve as possible. ...Show details
Clear Tomato Soup - Recipe | Cooks.com
Recipe From : cooks.comMar 21, 2018 · Simmer tomatoes, onion and celery 20 minutes. Rub through a sieve. Pour 1 pint boiling water through sieve into mixture. Soak tapioca in cold water 10 minutes. ...Show details
Clear Tomato Soup Recipe – Lao Cook
Recipe From : laocook.wordpress.comAug 08, 2009 · I have often posted about (and get emails about) our chilled Clear Tomato Soup which we use as an “amuse bouche”. When the dish is first presented on the table as “Chilled Tomato Soup”, there are glances of bewilderment on our guests faces, these glances of confusion soon turn to surprised acknowledgment when the summery taste of garden tomatoes hits the palate. ...Show details
Fresh Tomato Consomme Recipe
Recipe From : thespruceeats.comGather the ingredients. Start by adding the water to the tomato sauce and giving it a good stir. In a food processor blitz the tomatoes with the basil leaves. Add the egg whites and sugar and blitz again until all the ingredients are well mixed and pour into the sauce and water mix. ...Show details
Clear Tomato Soup Recipe - ChefShop
Recipe From : chefshop.comAdd chopped dill weed, if you have fresh dill. Correct the seasoning of the soup with lemon juice, sugar and salt. Pour the liquid from the ripe tomatoes into the soup tureen and ladle the hot soup over it. Serve immediately, garnished with lemon slices. ...Show details
Tomato Soup Recipes | Allrecipes
Recipe From : allrecipes.comThis is the essential homemade tomato soup recipe. It's time consuming because everything is from scratch, but very easy to make and easy to customize. You'll need a blender, mesh strainer, and two large pots. If you're cooking for fewer, cut the recipe in half. Top with seasoned croutons, crackers, pumpkin seeds, or feta cheese. ...Show details
Clear tomato soup - Barry Lewis
Recipe From : barrylewis.netIn a very large saucepan, ideally with a spout add 1tbsp of olive oil, then add in the garlic, onions and fennel. Cook for ten minutes or so, stirring from time to time or until the ingredients are lightly charred and softened. Pour in the tomato mixture, slowly bring up to a simmer, then let it bubble away for 20-25 minutes to reduce down. ...Show details
The Definition of a Clear Liquid Diet for Colonoscopy
Recipe From : livestrong.comJul 09, 2019 · If you like soup, ask your clinician for an approved list of clear soups that are safe to eat. If they don't have a list, you should be fine with any product labeled as bouillon or broth. Some products labeled as stock or even bone broth may be cloudy or contain small particles of vegetables or fat, so you might want to play it safe and avoid ... ...Show details
Clear Tomato Soup - YouTube
Recipe From : youtube.comI've had lots of requests to make more clear recipes, but this one stood out! Effectively a sort of consommé, this is a recipe for a clear tomato soup made u... ...Show details
Easy to Make Clear Tomato Soup | Food Channel L - YouTube
Recipe From : youtube.comAug 31, 2019 · The clear tomato soup is like a magic! Looks like a water, but the taste is “pure tomato” flavour and it is very easy to make! Food channel L - a new recipe ... ...Show details
10 Best Homemade Fresh Tomato Soup Recipes | Yummly
Recipe From : yummly.comMay 02, 2021 · Homemade Fresh Tomato Soup Former Chef sugar, garlic, fresh tomatoes, diced onions, water, carrots, chopped celery and 2 more Homemade Garden Fresh Tomato Soup Zona Cooks chicken broth, minced garlic, butter, fresh basil, fresh … ...Show details
Tomato Soup - Condensed with Clear Jel - SBCanning.com
Recipe From : sbcanning.comSep 07, 2019 · Here is my adapted Condensed Tomato Soup recipe using Clear Jel as the thickener in place of the usually flour and butter roux. Print Recipe Pin Recipe. Prep Time 10 mins. Cook Time 2 hrs. Total Time 2 hrs 10 mins. Course Soup… ...Show details
Easy Three-Ingredient Tomato Soup
Recipe From : inspiredtaste.netMar 03, 2020 · Melt butter over medium heat in a Dutch oven or large saucepan. Add onion wedges, water, can of tomatoes with their juices, and 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Bring … ...Show details
Clear Tomato Soup (Consommé) recipe | Eat Smarter USA
Recipe From : eatsmarter.comOct 07, 2016 · The Clear Tomato Soup (Consommé) recipe out of our category Consomme! EatSmarter has over 80,000 healthy & delicious recipes online. Try them … ...Show details
Easy Tomato Soup - clean cuisine
Recipe From : cleancuisine.comJun 28, 2012 · Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil; add the tomatoes to the boiling water and cook 4-5 minutes, or until skins loosen. Carefully remove tomatoes from the water with a slotted spoon. ...Show details
Chinese Tomato Egg Drop Soup | The Woks of Life
Recipe From : thewoksoflife.comJul 16, 2019 · Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a soup pot or wok over medium low heat. Add the tomato chunks and stir-fry for 5 minutes until the tomatoes are softened and start to fall apart. Add in 1 cup chicken … ...Show details
The Best Homemade Creamy Tomato Soup (Quick & Easy)
Recipe From : everydayeasyeats.comOct 24, 2020 · How to Make The Best Creamy Tomato Soup from Scratch. Homemade tomato soup is so simple to make. Start the cooking process with a base of chopped onions and garlic. Then add the canned tomatoes and broth, and simmer. Use a blender to purée the soup… ...Show details