Collard Greens Mac Cheese
COLLARD GREENS MAC & CHEESE
Make and share this Collard Greens Mac & Cheese recipe from Food.com.
Recipe From food.com
Provided by Food.com
Yield 8-10 serving(s)
Categories High In...
- In a large sauce pan, melt 4 tablespoons butter over low heat. Add flour and whisk until well combined. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Increase heat to medium and gradually whisk in milk. Continue stirring over medium heat until sauce begins to thicken. Remove from heat and add softened cream cheese, 1 cup of Parmesan, Tabasco, salt, white pepper, and smoked paprika; stir until combined.
- Preheat oven to 375°F and spray a 9"x 13" casserole with cooking spray.
- Cook pasta until al dente, drain and return to pot. In a large skillet, sauté diced ham to render fat; about 4 to 5 minutes. Add ham to pot with the pasta reserving the fat. Return skillet to heat and add collards and garlic; cook until wilted. Transfer greens to pot with pasta. Pour in the sauce and stir to combine.
- In a medium bowl, toss together the grated cheddar, jack, and Gouda cheese along with 1 cup grated Parmesan.
- Spoon one-third of the pasta mixture into the bottom of baking dish top with one-third of the cheese. Repeat layering two more times.
- Combine panko, remaining 1/4 cup of Parmesan, and 2 tablespoons melted butter. Sprinkle over the macaroni. Bake in preheated oven for 35 to 45 minutes or until bubbling. Serve hot.
Number Of Ingredients: 18
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 1/2 cups whole milk
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 1/4 cups grated parmesan cheese, divided use
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 lb elbow macaroni
- 6 ounces country ham, diced
- 2 bunches collard greens, stemmed and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 ounces white cheddar cheese, grated
- 4 ounces monterey jack cheese, grated
- 4 ounces smoked gouda cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
COLLARD GREENS WITH HAM HOCKS
There are a lot of dimensions to these collard greens: smoky pork, a little bit of acidic vinegar, and sweet cane syrup. That's real, true Southern greens.
Recipe From foodnetwork.com
Provided by Justin Devillier
Yield 6 servings
- In a heavy-bottomed pot, heat the vegetable oil. Add the ham hocks and sear on all sides. Meanwhile, prepare the collards by ripping the leaf away from the spine. Pile the greens on top of each other and cut into long strips; then cut the strips to make squares. Set aside.
- When the ham hocks are lightly browned, add the onions and garlic to the pot; stir and sweat them until the onions are translucent and tender, 2 minutes. Add half of the greens and a cup of stock so the greens begin to wilt. Season with a pinch of salt (which will also help the wilting process) and stir to combine. Then, add the remaining greens and another cup of stock and cover to steam, about 2 minutes. Add 1-2 cups more stock, to just cover the greens and ham hocks. Season with more salt and pepper, reduce heat to a simmer, and cover. Cook, 1-1½ hours.
- After 1-1½ hours, use tongs to remove the ham hocks to cool (they'll be falling off the bone). Add another ½ cup of stock, the cane vinegar, and the cane syrup to the greens. Stir, taste, and adjust seasoning if necessary. When the ham hocks have cooled, pull the meat off the bones, chop finely, and add back into the greens. Serve in a bowl with bits of ham hock and plenty of the "potlikker."
Number Of Ingredients: 8
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 ham hocks, cured and smoked
- 2 bunches collard greens
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups chicken stock, plus more as necessary, precise amount will depend on dimensions of your pot
- 2 tablespoons cane vinegar, can be found at most Asian markets
- 2 tablespoons cane syrup
MEATLOAF WITH COLLARD GREENS AND MAC AND CHEESE
Recipe From foodnetwork.com
Provided by Robert Irvine : Food Network
Yield 6 servings
- For the meatloaf: Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine the ground beef, milk, onion, garlic, Heinz 57, breadcrumbs, parsley, salt and pepper in a bowl. Mix well.
- Form the ground beef mixture into a loaf and place in a baking dish. Bake until the meatloaf reaches an internal temperature of 150 degrees F, 45 to 60 minutes, basting with the pan drippings every 15 minutes. Brush the meatloaf with the BBQ sauce 15 minutes before it's done cooking.
- Remove the meatloaf from the oven and allow it to rest for 15 minutes, then cut into six portions and hold for plating.
- For the ham hock broth:
- Fill a 6-quart pot with 1 gallon cold water. Add the ham hocks. Bring the water to a boil over high heat, then reduce to a simmer. Allow the broth to simmer for 3 hours. Add the onions, carrots, celery and corn cobs, and simmer for 1 hour more. Strain the broth through a fine-mesh sieve (the final quantity should be between 2 and 3 quarts). Remove the ham hocks and pick the meat for use in the collard greens.
- For the collard greens: Melt the butter in a large pot. Add the onions and garlic, and saute for 3 to 4 minutes to sweat the onions. Add the chile flakes and saute 1 minute. Add the collard greens and ham hock meat, stirring to wilt the collards. Add the cider vinegar, apple juice and 8 cups of the ham hock broth, and bring to a simmer. Cover the pot and simmer until the greens are tender, 1 hour. Season with salt and pepper.
- For the mac and cheese: In a saucepot, melt the butter and then whisk in the flour to make a roux. Cook the roux for 2 minutes, then slowly whisk in the milk and bring to a simmer. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes, whisking regularly.
- Add the cream cheese and cheddar, stirring until all the cheese is melted into the sauce.
- Just before plating, heat the chicken stock in a pan and add the cooked pasta. Once the pasta is hot, add the cheese sauce and bring to a boil. Reduce the sauce to a thick consistency that coats the back of the spoon. Stir in the salt and pepper.
- For Plating: Divide the mac and cheese between the six plates. Place a piece of the meatloaf over the top of the mac and cheese. With a slotted spoon, put some of the collard greens next to the meatloaf. Serve.
- Melt the butter in a saucepot. Add the onions and garlic, and saute until the onions are translucent. Add the chili powder, smoked paprika, dry mustard, garlic powder, onion powder and cayenne. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes to toast the spices. Add the brown sugar and molasses; stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add the ketchup, Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce and cider vinegar, and bring to a simmer. Cook the sauce for 30 to 45 minutes and then puree with an immersion blender. Season with salt and pepper. Yield: 1 gallon
Number Of Ingredients: 49
- 4 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 cup yellow onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup steak sauce, such as Heinz 57
- 1 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 cups BBQ Sauce, recipe follows
- 2 smoked ham hocks
- 8 ounces yellow onion, diced
- 4 ounces carrot, diced
- 4 ounces celery, diced
- 2 corn cobs (kernels cut off and reserved for other uses)
- 1/2 stick butter, unsalted
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon red chile flakes
- 2 pounds collard greens, tough ribs removed, leaved cut into 1-inch ribbons
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups apple juice
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 ounces butter
- 2 ounces flour
- 4 cups whole milk
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 2 pounds shredded cheddar
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 pounds cooked elbow macaroni
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 4 sticks (16 ounces) unsalted butter
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped garlic
- 1/4 cup dark chili powder
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 3 cups brown sugar
- 3 cups molasses
- 3 quarts ketchup
- 1 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper
GRANDMA'S COLLARD GREENS
My grandmother made the best collard greens recipe in the world. Eating them with a slice of buttermilk cornbread is pure bliss. -Sherri Williams, Crestview, Florida
Recipe From tasteofhome.com
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Categories Side Dishes
- In a 6-qt. stockpot, heat 1 tablespoon lard over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook and stir until tender. Add ham hocks, water, seasoned salt, pepper flakes, and sugar. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 55-60 minutes or until meat is tender., Add collard greens, wine, and remaining lard. Return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 55-60 minutes or until greens are very tender. Remove meat from bones; finely chop and return to pan. Discard bones. Serve with a slotted spoon.
Number Of Ingredients: 10
- 3 tablespoons lard or shortening, divided
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 pounds smoked ham hocks
- 6 cups water
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1 to 3 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 large bunch collard greens (about 2 pounds), coarsely chopped
- 1-1/2 cups white wine
More recipes about collard greens mac cheese recipes
Collard Green Mac and Cheese | Georgia Grown
Recipe From : georgiagrown.comIn a large bowl, combine elbow macaroni and cheese sauce, mixing well. Spray a 9 x 13-inch casserole with cooking spray. Pour macaroni mixture into prepared pan. Sprinkle topping evenly over macaroni and cheese. ...Show details
Southern Mac And Cheese With Smoked Collards Recipe - Food
Recipe From : foodrepublic.comNov 05, 2014 · Add the onion and stir to coat with the sausage and cook until the onion has begun to soften, 3-5 minutes. Add the collard greens and stir to coat with the onions and sausage. Add the stock and a pinch of salt and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce the heat to low and cook until the collards are tender, 30-45 minutes. ...Show details
Mac & Cheese with Collards Recipe | EatingWell
Recipe From : eatingwell.comJun 03, 2016 · Add the flour mixture to the simmering milk; reduce heat to medium-low and cook, whisking constantly, until thickened, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat and whisk in Cheddar, cream cheese and vinegar until the cheese is melted. Stir the pasta and collards into the sauce. … ...Show details
Mac And Cheese And Greens Recipe - Food Republic
Recipe From : foodrepublic.comNov 07, 2014 · Heat the olive oil and butter in a large pot over low heat. Add the garlic and slowly toast to flavor the fats, about 5 minutes, then discard. Add the collard greens to the pot and cook, stirring frequently, until the greens start to wilt. ...Show details
Collard Greens Mac Cheese - tfrecipes.com
Recipe From : tfrecipes.comCOLLARD GREENS MAC & CHEESE. Make and share this Collard Greens Mac & Cheese recipe from Food.com. Recipe From food.com. Provided by Food.com. Time 1h10m. Yield 8-10 serving(s) Steps: In a large sauce pan, melt 4 tablespoons butter over low heat. Add flour and whisk until well combined. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring constantly. ...Show details
Macaroni and Cheese Recipe With Greens - olivemagazine
Recipe From : olivemagazine.comSep 22, 2017 · Warm the cooked macaroni with the cheese sauce, collard greens and some seasoning in a pan. Step 9 Tip the mixture into a baking dish, roughly 21cm x … ...Show details
Collard Greens Recipes | Allrecipes
Recipe From : allrecipes.comCollard, mustard, and turnip greens come together in this slow-cooked side dish. Diced ham and beef broth add smoky richness to the vegetables. I experimented for years until I came up with this recipe, it has a lot more flavor than other recipes I have tried. ...Show details
Southern Collard Greens Recipe | Southern Living
Recipe From : southernliving.comOct 09, 2018 · Traditionally, Southern collard greens are made with pork. In this recipe, chopped bacon is cooked until almost crisp and the drippings are used to saute chopped onions, which forms the … ...Show details
Macaroni, Cheese and Greens - Chef Marcus Samuelsson
Recipe From : marcussamuelsson.comApr 24, 2020 · This is a two-part recipe with a twist on the all time classic comfort food, macaroni and cheese. You could eat either recipe separately, but they taste amazing together. The collard greens are off the beaten path, cooked with coconut milk and soy sauce. And the pasta is the ear shaped orecchiette, which I think holds cheese really well. ...Show details
How to Cook Collard Greens | Allrecipes
Recipe From : allrecipes.comDec 02, 2020 · Add whole collard greens (stems removed) and onion to the bacon grease and fry for several minutes. Add water or broth, along with any seasonings you prefer for flavor. Cover and allow the mixture to simmer for at least 15 minutes. Drain the liquid, and toss the greens with bacon … ...Show details
Southern Style Mac and Cheese - Eckrich
Recipe From : eckrich.comHeat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Sauté collard greens and smoked sausage in skillet, and stirring frequently until cooked through. Combine smoked sausage, collard greens and Mac and cheese in a greased baking dish, top with bread crumbs. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and the bread crumb topping is lightly golden. ...Show details
Collard green mac n cheese recipe
Recipe From : crecipe.comCollard green mac n cheese recipe. Learn how to cook great Collard green mac n cheese . Crecipe.com deliver fine selection of quality Collard green mac n cheese recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips. Get one of our Collard green mac n cheese recipe and prepare delicious and healthy treat for your family or friends. Good appetite! ...Show details
Southern-Style Collard Greens Recipe | The Hungry Hutch
Recipe From : thehungryhutch.comInstructions. Add the pork, onion, salt, garlic powder, black pepper, and red pepper flakes to a large pot with 1 quart (4 cups) water. Cover, bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, and cook for 30 minutes to … ...Show details
Collard greens and macaroni cheese: African American food
Recipe From : theguardian.comJul 04, 2020 · To make the greens, put the stock, onion and garlic in a saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat, cover and leave to simmer while you prepare the greens. Thoroughly wash the... ...Show details
Cooking Collard Greens & Mac N Cheese for Daym Drops - I
Recipe From : youtube.comCheck out Daym Drops Review HERE: https://youtu.be/my55Q_M4a_sSome of my favorite recipesHow to Make French Toast https://youtu.be/nJTSLiyXuxQSouthern Fried ... ...Show details
Mac and Cheese and Greens From 'Marcus Off Duty'
Recipe From : seriouseats.comMar 21, 2019 · For the Collard Greens: 1/2 cup coconut milk 2 tablespoons soy sauce 1 tablespoon grainy mustard 6 slices bacon, cooked, drained, and crumbled 3 tablespoons olive oil 1 tablespoon unsalted butter 4 garlic cloves, peeled and halved 4 cups chopped well-washed collard greens For the Mac and Cheese: 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter ...Show details
Vegan Mac and Cheese + Collard Greens (gluten-free)
Recipe From : vancouverwithlove.comApr 30, 2020 · Drain and rinse (if required) and pour back into the saucepan. On a low heat, add the cheese sauce and stir to coat the macaroni. Stir the collard greens into the mixture and allow it to heat … ...Show details
Rickey Smiley shares his collard greens recipe just in
Recipe From : fox5atlanta.comNov 22, 2018 · Boil macaroni 7-9 mins or until al dente, drain and set to the side. In a medium-size saucepan, melt 8 TB of the butter, add enough flour to make a … ...Show details
The Chew: Clinton Kelly Mac and Cheese and Collard Greens
Recipe From : foodus.comClinton Kelly: The Chew Mac and Cheese and Collard Greens Recipe Directions Begin by preheating the oven to broil. Cook the pasta until al dente in a large pot of salted water, then drain. Melt the butter in a large Dutch oven and cook the bacon until it’s nice and crispy. ...Show details
mac and cheese with greens - Fresh, seasonal recipes
Recipe From : brooklynsupper.comSep 26, 2017 · A recipe for mac and cheese with greens that makes delicious use of flavorful, but often forgotten, radish and turnip greens. Jump to recipe. I’m currently at work on a recipe with radishes … ...Show details
Collard Greens Mac & Cheese Recipe - Food.com | Recipe
Recipe From : pinterest.com1 · 70 minutes · Make and share this Collard Greens Mac & Cheese recipe from Food.com. Recipe by Julie Ulmer. 15. 17 ingredients. Meat. 6 oz Country ham. Produce. 2 bunches Collard greens. 1 Garlic clove. Condiments. 1 1/2 tsp Tabasco sauce. Pasta & Grains. 1 lb Elbow macaroni. Baking & Spices. 4 tbsp All-purpose flour. ...Show details