Corn My Way
KETTLE CORN MY WAY
My dd loves popcorn and some night she asks for sweet corn. This is how I do it. Very simple and so yummy.
Recipe From food.com
Provided by MsSally
Yield 4 serving(s)
- Pour oil and butter into a med sized pot with lid. Put on med high heat till butter is melted.
- Stir in sugar and popcorn and cover.
- When corn begins to pop, using potholders, shake every few minutes with top on.
- When pan is full, carefully pour off the popped corn into a bowl. Using the lid, open pan partially and scraping off popped corn with lid.
- You may wish to put pan back on oven to pop the rest of corn. Be carefull to remove from heat when the corn stops popping or it will burn.
- Sprinkle cooked corn with salt to taste and enjoy.
Number Of Ingredients: 5
- 1/2 cup popcorn
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 2 tablespoons sugar
CORN SAUCE, MY WAY
We had a fantastic meal at a restaurant in NC called Cruz. It has closed down with covid, but they had a corn sauce that they served over veggie burritos that was just to die for. Both Barb and Tori enjoyed it as much as I did, so I have been looking for a recipe to try at home. This is the closest I could find, and needed some...
Recipe From justapinch.com
Provided by Megan Stewart
Categories Other Sauces
- 1. Heat skillet on high heat, when hot, add corn, salt and pepper and cook. Shake skillet so corn chars, about 2 min, then add onion, green onion and garlic and char 1 min. Add chicken broth, bring to boil. Reduce and simmer 15 min. Remove from heat, puree to a sauce. Serve over burritos or enchiladas.
- 2. NOTE: you may not need all the broth, or can add more corn if needed to get the appropriate thickness of sauce.
Number Of Ingredients: 7
- 2 ears corn, scraped, kernels only
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 twists from pepper mill
- 1/4 c chopped onion, chop fine
- 1/4 c chopped green onions, chop fine
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 2 c chicken stock
CORN SCALLOP, MY WAY
Seems like my family has a thing for Scalloped Corn; each person remembers a slightly different recipe however. I found this one in a cookbook and altered it to make it my own. The additional vegetables are similar to the recipe I put into JAP for my daughter's boyfriend--his family recipe, and according to them, 3 generations of...
Recipe From justapinch.com
Provided by Megan Stewart
Categories Side Casseroles
- 1. Combine corn and all but cheese and paprika. Mix well. Put into greased 8x8 or 9x9 (or double to put into 9x13). Top with cheese, sprinkle with paprika. Bake at 350 degrees 30 min or until set and top is golden brown.
Number Of Ingredients: 13
- 17 oz can cream corn
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 c crushed ritz crackers
- 1/4 c butter, melted
- 1/4 c evaporated milk
- 1/4 c finely shredded carrot
- 1/4 c chopped green pepper
- 1 Tbsp chopped celery (i omit)
- 1 tsp chopped onion (i add more, i like onion)
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt (i just grind in some fresh sea salt, about 3-4 grinds)
- 1/2 c shredded cheddar
MIGAS, MY WAY
Quick, easy and delicious, this egg scramble gets a big thumbs up from my family. Sometimes I substitute fresh corn tortillas for the chips by cutting the tortillas into strips and sauteeing them with the pepper and onion.-Joan Hallford, North Richland Hills, Texas
Recipe From tasteofhome.com
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 servings.
- In a large skillet, saute onion and green pepper in drippings until tender. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, water and salsa. Add to skillet; cook and stir until set. Stir in tortilla chips and 1/4 cup cheese., Sprinkle with remaining cheese. If desired, top with green onions and additional salsa and serve with tortillas.
Number Of Ingredients: 9
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon bacon drippings or canola oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon salsa
- 1/2 cup crushed tortilla chips
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Chopped green onions, additional salsa and warm flour tortillas, optional
PERFECTLY GRILLED CORN ON THE COB
Find out the secret to Bobby Flay's Perfectly Grilled Corn on the Cob recipe from Food Network, a summer side served with homemade herb and barbecue butters.
Recipe From foodnetwork.com
Provided by Bobby Flay
Yield 4 to 6 servings
- Heat the grill to medium.
- Pull the outer husks down the ear to the base. Strip away the silk from each ear of corn by hand. Fold husks back into place, and place the ears of corn in a large bowl of cold water with 1 tablespoon of salt for 10 minutes.
- Remove corn from water and shake off excess. Place the corn on the grill, close the cover and grill for 15 to 20 minutes, turning every 5 minutes, or until kernels are tender when pierced with a paring knife. Remove the husks and eat on the cob or remove the kernels. Serve with the BBQ Butter and/or Herb Butter. Spread over the corn while hot.
- Heat the oil in a medium saute pan over high heat until almost smoking. Add the onion and cook until soft, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add the paprika, cayenne, cumin and ancho powder and cook for 1 minute. Add 1/2 cup of water and cook until the mixture becomes thickened and the water reduces. Let cool slightly.
- Place the butter in a food processor, add the spice mixture and Worcestershire sauce and process until smooth. Season with salt and pepper, scrape the mixture into a small bowl, cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavors to meld. Bring to room temperature before serving.
- Combine in a food processor and process until smooth.
Number Of Ingredients: 19
- 8 ears corn
- Kosher salt
- BBQ Butter, recipe follows
- Herb Butter, recipe follows
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 small red onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 teaspoons Spanish paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 1 teaspoon toasted cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon ancho chili powder
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, slightly softened
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh herbs (basil, chives or tarragon)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
STUFFED PEPPERS MY WAY
Roasted green bell peppers are stuffed with feta cheese and a mixture of rice and green onions.
Recipe From allrecipes.com
Provided by Sandy
Categories Main Dish Recipes,Stuffed Main Dish Recipes,Stuffed Bell Pepper Recipes,Vegetarian
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- In a medium saucepan, bring water to a boil. Stir in the rice. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes. Remove from heat, and set aside.
- Place the peppers cut-side down on the prepared baking sheet. Roast 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until tender and skin starts to brown.
- While the peppers are roasting, heat oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the onions, basil, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper in oil for 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the tomato, and cook for 5 minutes. Spoon in the cooked rice, and stir until heated through. Remove from heat, mix in the feta cheese, and spoon the mixture into the pepper halves.
- Return to the oven for 5 minutes. Serve immediately.
Number Of Ingredients: 11
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup uncooked Arborio rice
- 2 green bell peppers, halved and seeded
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1 tomato, diced
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
More recipes about corn my way recipes
CornMy Way Recipe | Bon Appétit
Recipe From : bonappetit.comOct 02, 2012 · Step 1 Using a knife, box grater, or corn stripper, remove kernels and pulp from corn ears over a large pot, taking care not to lose or leave behind any of the juice. Add 2 tablespoons of … ...Show details
Nick Offerman's Recipe for "CornMy Way" | Bon Appetit
Recipe From : bonappetit.comNov 21, 2012 · basically 25 Easy Soup Recipes For When You Need a Hot Soup Facial, Stat 2021-03-27T12:00:00.000Z recipes Our Readers' "Keepers": The 67 Recipes They Keep Coming Back To 2019-12-23T11:00:00.000Z ... ...Show details
12 Creative Ways to Cook with Corn | MyRecipes
Recipe From : myrecipes.comJun 24, 2017 · 12 Creative Ways to Cook with Corn We love to pop, char, boil, blend, fry, bake, and steam corn. There are more ways than we can count to prepare and serve this all-purpose vegetable. Curl up with a bowl corn soup on a chilly night or chow down on a sweet corn salad on a hot day. ...Show details
Corn Side Dish Recipes | Allrecipes
Recipe From : allrecipes.comAllrecipes has more than 200 trusted corn side dish recipes complete with ratings, reviews and cooking tips. ... I consider this to be the greatest corn-on-the-cob recipe of all time. The way the mild, subtly salted cheese works with an ancho-lime mayonnaise, along with that buttery, smoky corn, is a magnificent combination of flavors. ... ...Show details
KQED: Jacques Pépin: Fast Food My Way: Recipes: Corn and
Recipe From : kqed.orgHeat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat and add the garlic, onion, and scallions. Cook for 3 minutes, then add the rest of the ingredients, except for the corn and cilantro. Bring to a boil, and cook for 15 minutes. Stir in the corn and cilantro, return to a boil, and serve. ...Show details
Corn Recipes | MyRecipes
Recipe From : myrecipes.com3 65 Super Easy Finger Foods to Make for Any Party From chips and dip to one-bite apps, finger foods are the perfect way to kick off a party. No forks or spoons required, just easy-to-pick-up party foods, so you can clean up in no time.Read More ...Show details
24 Best Corn on the Cob Recipes | It Is a Keeper
Recipe From : itisakeeper.comJun 22, 2019 · Bake your corn in oven for some flavorful corn on the cob! These corn on the cob oven recipes are great for dinner with family and friends! Oven-Roasted Corn on the Cob with Garlic Butter: Add garlic butter, wrap it in aluminum foil, and roast … ...Show details
Great Fresh Corn Recipes – Going My Wayz
Recipe From : goingmywayz.comMaple-Chipotle Corn: Puree 1 stick softened butter, 2 tablespoons maple syrup and 1 tablespoon sauce from a can of chipotles in adobo. Spread on cooked ears of corn. Sweet Curry Corn: Puree 1 stick softened butter with 3 tablespoons mango chutney and 2 teaspoons roasted curry powder. Spread on cooked ears of corn. Dill-Caper Corn… ...Show details
Cornmeal Recipes : Food Network | Food Network
Recipe From : foodnetwork.comFind cornmeal recipes, videos, and ideas from Food Network. ...Show details
How to Make Jiffy Cornbread Moist - Insanely Good Recipes
Recipe From : insanelygoodrecipes.comJun 08, 2020 · In a large bowl, whisk together the sour cream and eggs. Mix in melted butter and milk Add Jiffy corn muffin mix to wet ingredients then mix until well combined, but do NOT overmix. Batter may be slightly lumpy. ...Show details
41 Best Sweet Corn Recipes - Cooking With Sweet Corn
Recipe From : delish.comSep 03, 2020 · Mexican street-style corn meets corn salad in the best way. Get the recipe from Delish. Ethan Calabrese. 5 of 41. Classic Corn Casserole ...Show details
Kettle Corn My Way Recipe - Food.com | Recipe | Kettle
Recipe From : pinterest.comMicrowave Recipes More information I LOVE kettle corn, and after much experimentation, I have created the perfect recipe for home-made kettle corn by using my … ...Show details
30 Best Corn Recipes - What to Make With Fresh Corn | Kitchn
Recipe From : thekitchn.comJul 08, 2020 · From classic corn on the cob to crowd-friendly side dishes to super-seasonal mains, here are 30 corn recipes to get excited about. Corn on the Cob You can’t talk about summer corn without talking about corn on the cob that’s cooked … ...Show details
Corn Gratin - Savory Simple
Recipe From : savorysimple.netJul 27, 2012 · My grandmother handed down a recipe for Corn Souffle which is almost identical to this gratin except a little less corn and you beat the egg whites separately … ...Show details
Essential Pepin | Jacques Pepin's Essential Recipes
Recipe From : ww2.kqed.orgSkillet Duck with Red Oak Salad. Easy and delicious, this duck is cooked in much the same way as Southern fried chicken — fried in its own fat in a covered pot so steam develops, making the meat ... ...Show details
Recipes from Jacques Pepin: More Fast Food My Way
Recipe From : kqed.orgFacebook Coffee Recipe Contest. The Winning Recipes! KQED kicked off Jacques Pépin: More Fast Food My Way by teaming up with Peet's Coffee & Tea to sponsor a recipe contest on Facebook, the social networking site.. Favorite original recipes featuring Peet's coffee as an ingredient was the main requirement and the winning recipes are featured below: ...Show details
Potato Corn Chowder (Serves 8/Makes 10 - Food My Way)
Recipe From : facebook.com2 ½ c. canned corn (reserve ½ cup liquid) 2 c. diced ham 3-5 tsp kosher salt (add 3, taste and 1-2 more if needed) 3 tsp fresh ground pepper ½ c. flour 3 c. chicken stock 3 c. 1% milk 2 c. heavy cream 1 ½ tsp basil. Heat oil in large stock pot. Simmer garlic, onion, carrot, celery, potato, corn, … ...Show details
EASY Homemade Kettle Corn Recipe (VIDEO - A Spicy)
Recipe From : aspicyperspective.comOur Easy Homemade Kettle Corn is the perfect treat for family night. This simple popcorn recipe is not only easy to make, it makes everyone I know happy with its subtle sweetness!. The Best Snack Ever… Popcorn. Sharing my absolute, all-time, can’t-beat, would-never-give-up, FAVORITE snack… Homemade Kettle Corn. ...Show details