Courgette And Sorrel Fritters
COURGETTE AND SORREL FRITTERS
I had lots of courgettes and lots of sorrel in my garden and this is the result. The sorrel adds a nice sharp taste. Very nice as a starter or a supper dish and you might like to try it with a side salad and dressing made with natural yoghurt with snipped chives and black pepper.
Recipe From food.com
Provided by Tea Jenny
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
- Grate the courgettes, and place in a bowl sprinkle with salt and leave to stand for 30 minutes.
- Squeeze out the moisture from the courgettes, and drain on kitchen paper.
- Beat the flour, eggs and cream together, and stir in the courgetes, sorrel and spring onion.
- Thin with a little milk to obtain the consistency of thick cream.
- Season with pepper.
- Heat the oil and drop tablespoons of the batter into the pan.
- Cook for 4 minutes turning once untill the fritters are golden.
- Serve hot.
Number Of Ingredients: 10
- 2 large courgettes
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 ounces all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons single light cream
- 2 ounces of shredded sorrel
- 4 spring onions
- 2 tablespoons milk
- oil (for frying)
A favourite recipe from Alison Holst's book, Meals without Meat. These make a delicious, quick and easy main. Ideal when time is short or courgettes are in abundance and you're looking for another way to eat them.
Recipe From food.com
Provided by Kiwi Kathy
Yield 4 serving(s)
- Beat the eggs. Crush the garlic and add to the eggs with the salt. Mix again.
- Add the firmly packed grated courgette and cheese then stir in enough self-raising flour to make a batter consistency.
- Drop batter into hot oil to make small fritters. Turn over when golden brown.
- Serve with yoghurt cucumber mint sauce or any relish, chutney or tomato sauce.
- Serves 4 main servings.
Number Of Ingredients: 7
- 2 eggs
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups courgettes, grated
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup self-raising flour, approx
CARROT ZUCCHINI FRITTERS
I'm always looking for flavorful recipes that increase my veggie intake without being saturated in cheese or cream sauces. This one fills the bill. The crispy fritters are delicious and fun to eat with or without the dipping sauces. -Laura Mize Waco, Kentucky
Recipe From tasteofhome.com
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 1-1/2 dozen fritters, 2/3 cup basil sauce and 1-1/2 cups horseradish sauce.
- In a blender, place 2/3 cup sour cream, basil, lemon juice, salt and pepper; cover and process until blended. Transfer to a small bowl. In another bowl, combine the mayonnaise, horseradish sauce and remaining sour cream. Cover and refrigerate for both sauces., Place onion and butter in a microwave-safe dish. Cover; microwave on high until onion is tender. Add the egg, zucchini and carrot. In a small bowl, combine the flour, cheese, cornmeal, salt and pepper; stir in vegetable mixture just until combined., In an electric skillet, heat 2 in. of oil to 375°. Drop batter by rounded tablespoonfuls, a few at a time, into hot oil. Fry until golden brown, about 1-1/2 minutes on each side. Drain on paper towels.
Number Of Ingredients: 18
- 2/3 cup plus 1/2 cup sour cream, divided
- 2/3 cup lightly packed fresh basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup horseradish sauce
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 medium zucchini, shredded and squeezed dry (about 1-1/2 cups)
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Oil for frying
Pan-fried zucchini, yellow squash, and carrot cakes, with golden crispy edges and tender insides. These make great dippers for toddlers to adults. You would never know that these nutritious fritters amount to eating your vegetables.
Recipe From allrecipes.com
Provided by MooShell
Categories Side Dish,Vegetables,Squash,Zucchini,Fried Zucchini Recipes
- Toss zucchini, yellow squash, and carrots with salt in a colander and drain for 15 minutes. Wrap vegetables in a clean kitchen towel and squeeze out as much moisture as possible; transfer mixture to a bowl.
- Combine corn muffin mix, baking powder, and paprika in a bowl. Stir in vegetables and eggs until well mixed.
- Heat 2 tablespoons vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat, tilting skillet to spread oil evenly. Drop tablespoonfuls of the zucchini batter into the hot oil, flattening each dollop with the back of a spoon. Pan-fry until golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Transfer fritters to a paper towel-lined plate to drain. Cool slightly before serving.
Number Of Ingredients: 9
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 cup shredded yellow squash
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup corn muffin mix
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon sweet paprika
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, or more as needed
More recipes about courgette and sorrel fritters recipes
Courgette And Sorrel Fritters - TfRecipes
Recipe From : tfrecipes.comCOURGETTE AND SORREL FRITTERS. i had lots of courgettes and lots of sorrel in my garden and this is the result. the sorrel adds a nice sharp taste. very nice as a starter or a supper dish and you might like to try it with a side salad and dressing made with natural yoghurt with snipped chives and black pepper. ...Show details
Courgette Fritters Recipe | Ottolenghi Dinner Party Starter
Recipe From : thehappyfoodie.co.uk1 Mix together all the ingredients for the soured cream sauce in a small bowl, along with 1/4 teaspoon of salt and a grind of black pepper. Set aside in the fridge until … ...Show details
Courgette fritter recipes - BBC Good Food
Recipe From : bbcgoodfood.comCourgette fritter recipes; This competition is now closed. Courgette fritter recipes. 10 Recipes Magazine subscription – 5 issues for only £5 Courgette fritters make a great sharing starter, a light breakfast or tasty party bites. Top them with cheese, poached eggs, salad or a zingy salsa Sweetcorn & courgette fritters ... ...Show details
Courgette Fritters | FreshChoice
Recipe From : freshchoice.co.nzOct 08, 2019 · Place the grated courgette in a sieve and squeeze out as much moisture as possible. Combine with the remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Heat a heavy based frying-pan over a moderate heat. Add the oil and drop spoonfuls of batter into the pan about 5cm diameter. ...Show details
Cheesy Zucchini Courgette Fritters Recipe | Veggie Desserts
Recipe From : veggiedesserts.comAug 07, 2018 · Add the grated courgette, eggs and cheese to a large bowl, then mix well. Add the flour and salt and gently combine. Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat, then drop in heaped tablespoonfuls of the mixture. Cook for a few minutes until golden, turn and cook the other side. ...Show details
Ottolenghi courgette and manouri fritters - The Irish Times
Recipe From : irishtimes.comMay 14, 2016 · Ingredients. Makes 12 fritters, to serve 4, or 24 smaller fritters, to serve 8 as a snack; 3 medium courgettes, trimmed and coarsely grated (580g) ...Show details
Courgette Fritters | Nigella's Recipes | Nigella Lawson
Recipe From : nigella.comPut the chopped spring onions in a bowl and crumble in the feta. Stir in the chopped parsley and mint, along with the dried mint and paprika. Add the flour and season well with salt and pepper. Gradually add the beaten egg and mix thoroughly before stirring in the drained, grated courgettes. ...Show details
Easy Courgette Fritters Recipe - Oven Baked with Feta Cheese
Recipe From : tamingtwins.comJul 05, 2018 · When you've squeezed out the liquid, put all of your courgette fritter ingredients into a large bowl and mix well with clean hands. Shape into 8 patties and … ...Show details
Zucchini Fritters - Damn Delicious
Recipe From : damndelicious.netApr 02, 2014 · In a large bowl, combine zucchini, flour, Parmesan, garlic and egg; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Scoop tablespoons of batter for each fritter, flattening with a spatula, and cook until the underside is nicely golden brown, about 2 … ...Show details
Courgette fritters | Healthy Recipes | Heart Foundation NZ
Recipe From : youtube.comMar 26, 2020 · This courgette fritter recipe only needs a few ingredients and is ready in less than half an hour.Get the full recipe information: https://www.heartfoundatio... ...Show details
Quick and Crispy Vegetable Fritters | Just a Taste
Recipe From : justataste.comApr 08, 2021 · Place the shredded zucchini in a colander and sprinkle it lightly with salt. Let the zucchini sit for 10 minutes then using your hands, squeeze out as much liquid as possible. Transfer the zucchini to a large bowl then add the carrots, garlic, flour, eggs, scallions, ¼ teaspoon salt and ⅛ teaspoon pepper. Stir the mixture until it is combined. ...Show details
Easy Courgette Fritters - Hungry Healthy Happy
Sesame, halloumi & courgette fritters with chilli honey
Recipe From : bbcgoodfood.comJun 04, 2020 · Combine the flours, sesame seeds and pepper in a bowl. Add the mint, halloumi and courgette, and toss lightly to combine. Crack in the eggs and use a fork to stir them into the mixture along with the spring onions. Stir until you have a thick batter. ...Show details
Vegan courgette fritters - Lazy Cat Kitchen
Recipe From : lazycatkitchen.comJul 20, 2019 · Place 2 tbsp of batter on the heated oil per fritter. Allow it to fry on a low-medium heat, undisturbed for about 4 minutes. Flip the fritter to the other side and allow it to fry on the other side for 3 minutes. Place the fritter on a kitchen towel-lined tray to get rid of excess oil. ...Show details
How to cook the perfect courgette fritters | Vegetables
Recipe From : theguardian.comAug 25, 2016 · Mix the flour, polenta and baking powder together well, then stir into the courgettes, along with the spring onions, beaten eggs and a good grating of nutmeg (and the herbs or feta, if using). ...Show details
Vegan Zucchini Fritters - Loving It Vegan
Recipe From : lovingitvegan.comJan 17, 2019 · Perfectly crisp vegan zucchini fritters. But I had a little challenge with them being a bit too wet on the inside, even without adding any actual liquid to the recipe. Zucchini is a ‘very’ wet … ...Show details
Rachel Roddy’s recipe for courgette and ricotta fritters
Recipe From : theguardian.comJul 22, 2019 · In a large bowl, whisk the chickpea flour with the water until you have a paste. Add the ricotta, parmesan, herbs and the grated courgette, and stir. Add salt and pepper to taste. The mixture... ...Show details
Courgette fritters recipe - BBC Food
Recipe From : bbc.co.ukSeason the courgette with sea salt and set aside. Whisk together the egg, baking powder, flour and cumin in a large bowl and season with black pepper. Squeeze the … ...Show details
Best Zucchini-and-Pecorino Fritters - How to Make Zucchini
Recipe From : countryliving.comAug 05, 2019 · Add egg, Pecorino, panko, garlic, and pepper; stir to combine. Drop heaping tablespoonfuls of mixture onto a greased baking sheet and gently flatten. Bake, flipping halfway through, until golden brown and crisp, 18 to 20 minutes. ...Show details
Courgette Fritters Recipe | Healthy Vegetarian Snack Ideas
Recipe From : heartfoundation.org.nzMethod Squeeze as much liquid as possible from the grated courgette and place the courgette in a large bowl Mix the grated courgette with the spring onion, eggs, flour and baking powder Heat the oil in a large frying pan and cook tablespoon amounts of the batter until browned on both sides and cooked through. ...Show details
Spicy Courgette Fritters - Super Quick And Tasty
Recipe From : lowlyfood.comGrate the courgette into a mixing and toss with the salt. Allow the courgette to sit for 5 minutes before squeeze the excess moisture out by hand. ...Show details
Vegan Courgette Fritters - By The Forkful
Recipe From : bytheforkful.comJul 24, 2020 · Finely chop the herbs and spring onion and add to a mixing bowl with the flour, breadcrumbs, herbs, flaxseed, and baking powder. Add your courgette and mix together. Depending on how dry the mix is, add a drizzle of olive oil to help the mix come together. I … ...Show details
Crispy Zucchini Fritters | RecipeTin Eats
Recipe From : recipetineats.comAug 20, 2018 · Recipe video above. Zucchini fritters made extra crispy and extra tasty with the addition of parmesan! Crispy on the outside, and moist but not soggy on the … ...Show details
Carrot and Courgette Fritters - Madeleine Shaw
Recipe From : madeleineshaw.comBreakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Lunch and Dinner Main, Lunchbox. I highly recommend getting a batch of these delicious Carrot and Courgette Fritters on the go. They are totally customisable with whatever veg you love or have lying around as a perfect food waste saving recipe and can be made ahead and frozen for the perfect protein packed meal whenever you aren’t in the mood to cook. ...Show details