CRISPY PORK CARNITAS
There's nothing like carnitas. Cubes of fragrantly spiced pork are slowly cooked in lard until they're crispy on the outside while at the same time remaining soft and succulent inside. Bust some up on a warm tortilla, drizzle with braising liquid, top with a little salsa, onion, and cilantro, and you're probably enjoying the world's best taco.
Recipe From allrecipes.com
Provided by Chef John
Categories Main Dish Recipes,Pork,Pulled Pork Recipes
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees F (135 degrees C).
- Remove fat from pork; cut pork meat into 2-inch cubes and roughly chop fat.
- Mix pork, garlic, olive oil, orange peel, orange juice, salt, bay leaves, black pepper, cumin, cinnamon, and 5-spice powder together in a bowl until pork is coated completely. Transfer mixture to a 9x13-inch baking dish. Place baking dish on a baking sheet and cover baking dish tightly with heavy-duty aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven until pork is fork-tender, about 3 1/2 hours.
- Set oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler.
- Transfer meat to a colander set over a bowl. Remove garlic, bay leaves, and orange peels from baking dish and pour accumulated juices from the baking dish over meat in colander into the bowl. Return meat to the baking dish and drizzle accumulated juices over each piece of meat.
- Cook meat under the preheated broiler for 3 minutes. Drizzle more accumulated juices over meat and continue broiling until crispy, 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer pork to a serving plate and drizzle more accumulated juices over the top.
Number Of Ingredients: 10
- 3 pounds boneless pork butt (shoulder)
- 8 cloves garlic, peeled
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 orange, juiced, orange parts of peel removed and sliced into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 bay leaves, torn in half
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon Chinese 5-spice powder
SOUS VIDE CRISPY CARNITAS
Sous vide crispy carnitas are scrumptious, super juicy, caramelized, crispy, easy Mexican-style pulled pork made in a water bath overnight! Garnish with green onions, if desired.
Recipe From allrecipes.com
Provided by Culinary Envy
Categories World Cuisine Recipes,Latin American,Mexican
- Combine 2 tablespoons salt, brown sugar, garlic powder, paprika, onion powder, oregano, and black pepper in a small bowl and mix well.
- Place pork pieces into a large bowl. Rub spice mixture evenly over the pork, pressing until it adheres. Add in onion, garlic, cinnamon stick, and bay leaves.
- Squeeze orange juice into the bowl with the pork and toss in the juiced orange pieces as well; toss to combine.
- Place pork mixture into a sous vide-safe vacuum sealer bag. Seal bag and immerse in a heat-proof container of water with a sous vide cooker. Set temperature to 165 degrees F (74 degrees C) and add the ping pong balls on top. Cook, occasionally re-adding water as it evaporates, 12 to 24 hours.
- Remove pork carefully from the water bath and transfer contents into a large bowl. Pick out the chunks of meat with tongs and transfer to a rimmed baking sheet. Discard everything else left in the bowl. Let pork cool briefly. Shred using 2 forks or your fingers and spread evenly over the baking sheet. Season with salt.
- Set oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler. Place pork under the broiler and cook, flipping halfway through, until fork-tender, about 10 minutes. Watch carefully so it doesn't burn.
- Place tomatoes and green chiles in a food processor and blend until pureed. Pour into a saucepan; add chicken stock, rice, butter, chili powder, cumin, oregano, 1/2 teaspoon salt, garlic powder, and onion powder. Bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer until Spanish rice is tender, about 25 minutes.
Number Of Ingredients: 25
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 pounds boneless pork shoulder, cut into 2-inch-thick slabs
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 8 cloves fresh garlic
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 4 bay leaves
- 1 orange, quartered
- kosher salt to taste
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chiles
- 1 ½ cups chicken stock
- 1 ½ cups uncooked white rice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
Carnitas are a truly amazing one-pot dish. After some time and TLC, you'll watch the meat go from simmering to frying, leaving you with tender chunks and crisps bites of pork - the perfect filling for a taco. We love the combo of pickled onions, sour cream and avocado for toppings.
Recipe From foodnetwork.com
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 8 to 10 servings
- Toss the pork with 2 teaspoons of salt. Transfer to a 6- to 7-quart Dutch oven or pot along with the oil, oregano, red pepper, cloves, garlic, bay leaves, lime juice, orange peel and onion. Cover with 4 to 5 cups of water. Bring to a high simmer, then reduce the heat to low, partially cover the pot and simmer gently, checking occasionally to give it a stir, until the pork is tender and just beginning to fall apart, about 1 hour and 30 minutes. Fish out the bay leaves and orange peel. (The pork will not look super-attractive at this point but don't panic!)
- Remove the lid and increase the heat to medium-high. Simmer vigorously, stirring frequently, until all of the water has evaporated, leaving only the oil, and the pork has browned and begun to fry slightly at the bottom of the pot; continue to cook, scraping up the bottom of the pot frequently to release the fried bits, 30 to 40 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to remove the pork from any remaining oil in the pot.
- Serve with tortillas and suggested toppings to make tacos.
Number Of Ingredients: 13
- 3 pounds fatty boneless pork shoulder, cut into 2-inch chunks
- Kosher salt
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil or lard
- 1 teaspoon dried Mexican oregano
- Large pinch crushed red pepper
- Small pinch ground cloves
- 6 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 3 bay leaves
- Juice of 2 limes
- Two 3-inch strips orange peel
- 1/2 small white onion, finely chopped
- Soft corn tortillas, for serving
- Suggested toppings: sour cream, chopped fresh cilantro, pickled onions, chopped avocado and pico de gallo
More recipes about crispy carnitas recipes
Crispy Pork Carnitas (Mexican Slow Cooked Pulled Pork)
Recipe From : cafedelites.comMay 03, 2017 · Carnitas 4 pounds (or 2 kg) skinless, boneless pork butt (or shoulder) 3-4 teaspoons salt 1 teaspoon pepper 1 tablespoon dried oregano (or Mexican oregano) 1 tablespoon ground cumin 1 large brown or white onion , cut into wedges 8 cloves garlic , smashed 2 limes , juiced 2 large oranges , juiced (… ...Show details
Crispy Pork Carnitas Recipe - Don't Sweat The Recipe
Recipe From : dontsweattherecipe.comSep 25, 2018 · Instructions Cut the pork butt into 2″ cubes. Place in a large zip-top bag or bowl. Mix together the orange juice, lime juice, olive oil, garlic cloves, cilantro, cumin, salt, and pepper. … ...Show details
Authentic Carnitas Recipe (Tacos de Carnitas) - The
Recipe From : theanthonykitchen.comApr 23, 2020 · Preheat the oven to 325°F. Pat the pork butt dry with a paper towel. Use a large, sharp knife to trim away excess fat. Transfer the pork to a 4-5 quart enameled cast iron … ...Show details
Slow Cooker Pork Carnitas (The BEST Authentic Recipe)
Recipe From : chefsavvy.comMay 04, 2020 · The pork is cooked low and slow for 8 hours until it is fall apart tender. The pork is so flavorful thanks to the carnitas seasoning, diced green chili, fresh squeezed lime juice, garlic and onions. After the pork carnitas are cooked … ...Show details
Authentic Carnitas Recipe + Video Recipe | Kevin is Cooking
Recipe From : keviniscooking.comApr 20, 2020 · Ingredients Boneless pork shoulder – also known as pork butt, cut into chunks for faster cooking Pork lard – this is what makes the meat crisp on the outside and tender on the inside Piloncillo – a raw form of pure cane sugar, also known as Mexican brown sugar ...Show details
Carnitas (Mexican Slow Cooker Pulled Pork) | RecipeTin Eats
Recipe From : recipetineats.comMar 20, 2019 · Instructions. Rinse and dry the pork shoulder, rub all over with salt and pepper. Combine the Rub ingredients then rub all over the pork. Place the pork in a slow cooker … ...Show details
Rick BaylessThe Pork Carnitas Recipe You'll Treasure
Recipe From : rickbayless.comJul 31, 2015 · Shred the carnitas into very large, coarse pieces. Set the cleaned bean-cooking skillet over medium heat. When the pan is very hot, spoon in enough carnitas-cooking fat to film the bottom generously. Scoop in the pork, spreading it out evenly … ...Show details
Crispy Pork Carnitas Recipe | Mark's Daily Apple
Recipe From : marksdailyapple.comJan 05, 2013 · Turn Up the Crispiness on Your Crispy Pork Carnitas. Option one for crisping up the shredded pork: Remove the cinnamon stick and bay leaf from the pot. Add the meat back to the pot and return it to the oven. Roast the meat, mixing occasionally, until the … ...Show details
The BEST Carnitas Recipe (tender and crispy!) - Fit Foodie
Recipe From : fitfoodiefinds.comApr 10, 2021 · Toss the shredded pork with all of the juices in the slow cooker. Transfer the shredded pork to the baking sheet and spread it out. Then, bake at 450ºF for around 5-7 minutes to make your carnitas nice and crispy. Remove the pork from the oven and squeeze on fresh lime juice. ...Show details
Delicious Carnitas Recipe | Mexican Please
Recipe From : mexicanplease.comMay 29, 2019 · Add pork pieces to a casserole dish along with the juice of 1 orange, the juice of 1 lime, 1/2 onion cut into chunks, 1 jalapeno sliced in half, and 4 peeled garlic … ...Show details
Crispy Pork Carnitas - The Girl Who Ate Everything
Recipe From : the-girl-who-ate-everything.comMar 12, 2021 · Instructions Trim the fat from your pork and cut pork into 4-inch cubes. Place in instant pot or slow cooker. Sprinkle pork with the salt, oregano, cumin, chili powder, and pepper. ...Show details
Slow Cooker Carnitas Recipe - Authentic & Crispy - Moms
Recipe From : momswithcrockpots.comAug 03, 2020 · Add onion, garlic, orange juice and peel, lime juice and chipotle pepper to slow cooker. Give it a little stir. Place the pork on top of the onions & juice. Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours or … ...Show details
Crispy Jackfruit Carnitas! | Feasting At Home
Recipe From : feastingathome.comSep 26, 2019 · To make the Jack fruit Carnitas, saute onion, garlic and jalapenos until fragrant and golden. Add the jackfruit and salt and spice blend. Cook until crispy and deep in color. Doesn’t this … ...Show details
Instant Pot Crispy Carnitas | Gimme Some Oven
Recipe From : gimmesomeoven.comJul 18, 2019 · Pop the baking sheet into the oven for about 4-5 minutes, or until the edges of the pork are golden and crispy. Then remove from the oven, give the pork a good toss with half of the remaining juices, and broil for 4-5 more minutes. Remove from the oven, toss with the … ...Show details
Carnitas Meat - dian recipes
Recipe From : dian946.blogspot.com2 days ago · Crispy Pork Carnitas Pork Carnitas Recipe Pork Rib Recipes Pork Carnitas . Mexican Carnitas Dinner At The Zoo Slow Cooked Meat Carnitas Recipe Pork Carnitas Recipe . Easy Carnitas Recipe With Flavorful Fork Tender Bites Of Pork Recipe In 2021 Pork Recipes For Dinner Mexican Food Recipes Pork Recipes . ...Show details
Crispy Carnitas (Slow Cooker) | My Heart Beets
Recipe From : myheartbeets.comSep 09, 2013 · Crispy Carnitas. The secret to perfect carnitas: a crispy crust on one side and tender meat on the other side. You need two tools to achieve this – a crock pot and a cast iron skillet. … ...Show details
Instant Pot Carnitas (Crispy Tex Mex Pulled Pork!) | Hint
Recipe From : hintofhealthy.comMay 04, 2021 · Variations. Spicy carnitas: Add some chili powder to the seasoning, or mix some hot sauce into the pulled pork before you broil it. Easy seasoning: Use your favorite seasoning mix in this recipe. Keep it simple by using store bought seasoning packets like … ...Show details
Crispy Carnitas Taco Bowl Recipe — The Effortless Chic
Recipe From : pinterest.comJan 6, 2019 - A delicious Taco Bowl recipe, that combines crispy pulled pork with beans, veggies and rice. So easy to make, it'll be a weeknight favorite! ...Show details
Pressure Cooker Crispy Chicken Carnitas Recipe | Little
Recipe From : littlespicejar.comMay 17, 2020 · Combine the cumin, chili powder, oregano, salt and pepper in a bowl. Sprinkle the seasons over the chicken breasts on both sides. Heat the instant pot on … ...Show details
Crispy Slow Cooker Carnitas (Mexican Pulled Pork) - Cafe
Recipe From : cafedelites.comFeb 20, 2016 · Rinse and dry the pork shoulder with paper towel. Place the pork in slow cooker bowl and add in the oil, oregano, cumin, paprika, salt, pepper and brown sugar on the pork. Rub seasoning all … ...Show details
Mexican Pulled Pork Tacos (Carnitas) | Ahead of Thyme
Recipe From : aheadofthyme.com1 day ago · Carnitas are a Mexican favorite. Carnitas, or slow cooker pulled pork, are a classic Mexican recipe that are often used in tacos, but they are also great to enjoy in other ways. If you have any leftover carnitas, you can eat it alone with Cilantro Lime Rice and beans, or use it as a filling in Burritos or a topping for Tostadas. great in tacos. ...Show details
Delicious and Authentic Carnitas Recipe | A Food Lover's
Recipe From : afoodloverskitchen.comJan 28, 2019 · For authentic Mexican carnitas tacos, I shred the meat up into small, bite-sized pieces, then crisp it up either on a pan on the stove, or on a baking sheet under … ...Show details
The BEST Carnitas! - Mexican Slow Cooker Pulled Pork
Recipe From : kristineskitchenblog.comApr 28, 2021 · Remove the pork from the slow cooker. Shred the pork using two forks. To get crispy edges on the pork (the best part!) place the shredded carnitas on a baking sheet and place it under the broiler for a few minutes until the edges begin to crisp and caramelize. ...Show details