Crusty Italian Bread Recipes
MOM'S ITALIAN BREAD
I think Mom used to bake at least four of these tender loaves at once, and they never lasted long. She served the bread with every Italian meal. I love it toasted, too. -Linda Harrington, Windham, New Hampshire
Recipe From tasteofhome.com
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 loaves (12 slices each).
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the sugar, salt and 3 cups flour. Beat on medium speed for 3 minutes. Stir in remaining flour to form a soft dough., Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour., Punch dough down. Turn onto a floured surface; divide in half. Shape each portion into a loaf. Place each loaf seam side down on a greased baking sheet. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes. , Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400°. With a sharp knife, make four shallow slashes across top of each loaf. Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool.
Number Of Ingredients: 5
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 2 cups warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 5-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
CRUSTY HOMEMADE BREAD
Crackling homemade bread makes an average day extraordinary. Enjoy this beautiful crusty bread recipe as is, or stir in a few favorites like cheese, garlic, herbs and dried fruits. -Megumi Garcia, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Recipe From tasteofhome.com
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 1 loaf (16 slices).
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Using a rubber spatula, stir in 3-1/2 cups flour and salt to form a soft, sticky dough. Do not knead. Cover and let rise at room temperature 1 hour., Stir down dough (dough will be sticky). Turn onto a floured surface; with floured hands pat into a 9-in. square. Fold square into thirds, forming a 9x3-in. rectangle. Fold rectangle into thirds, forming a 3-in. square. Place in a large greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover and let rise at room temperature until almost doubled, about 1 hour., Punch down dough and repeat folding process. Return dough to bowl; refrigerate, covered, overnight., Grease the bottom of a disposable foil roasting pan with sides at least 4 in. high; dust pan with cornmeal. Turn dough onto a floured surface. Knead gently 6-8 times; shape into a 6-in. round loaf. Place into prepared pan; dust top with remaining 1 tablespoon flour. Cover pan and let rise at room temperature until dough expands to a 7-1/2-in. loaf, about 1-1/4 hours. , Preheat oven to 500°. Using a sharp knife, make a slash (1/4 in. deep) across top of loaf. Cover pan tightly with foil. Bake on lowest oven rack 25 minutes., Reduce oven setting to 450°. Remove foil; bake bread until deep golden brown, 25-30 minutes. Remove loaf to a wire rack to cool.
Number Of Ingredients: 5
- 1-1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1-3/4 cups warm water (110° to 115°)
- 3-1/2 cups plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal or additional flour
CRUSTY ITALIAN BREAD
This one reminds me of the great breads that I enjoy when eating out...you know the ones you fill up on before you entree comes! Yep, this one is that good. There are a lot of steps in this recipe, but it was relatively easy to make. It's great served with some olive oil ... but I see it also going really well with a nice soup...
Recipe From justapinch.com
Provided by Gena Buck
Categories Other Breads
- 1. Dissolve the yeast in a quarter-cup of warm water. You should actually check the temperature of the water. Too cold and it won't activate, too hot and you can kill the yeast.
- 2. Give the yeast a few minutes, until it starts bubbling, then mix it in with the rest of the warm water.
- 3. Add the flour, sugar and salt and stir.
- 4. Don't add the oil until after you've worked the water and flour together. Otherwise the oil will coat the proteins and prevent gluten formation. Gluten lets the dough stretch when it rises, making it light and chewy instead of crumbling like cake.
- 5. After mixing the oil in, turn the dough out onto a clean, floured surface to knead.
- 6. Stretch the dough away from you, fold it back, turn a quarter turn and repeat. Once the dough is well incorporated, slap it on the surface a few times. This will encourage more gluten production leading to a lighter, airier bread.
- 7. When the dough is smooth and silky, continue kneading for another several minutes. You can work it with both hands and keep turning the dough, or just hit it from opposite angles with each hand.
- 8. Once the dough is thoroughly kneaded, place it in an oiled bowl. Toss the dough around so it is coated with oil all the way around.
- 9. Cover the dough with plastic wrap, pressed right up against the dough. This will prevent a skin from forming on the dough, allowing it to rise more.
- 10. Put the bowl someplace warm until the dough has doubled in size, about 1-1/2 to 2 hours.
- 11. Pre-heat the oven to 425°. If you have a pizza stone, put it on the bottom rack. Otherwise, place a baking sheet upside-down on the bottom rack. Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and punch down to knock out most of the air out. Don't go crazy and try to turn it into a pancake. Just give it a quick couple of hits.
- 12. Roll the dough out into a loaf shape and cut it in half. You can form the halves into loaves or, like I did here, divide each half into three smaller pieces.
- 13. Roll out the pieces of dough until they are about 6-9 inches long.
- 14. If you have a peel (the large wooden spatula you see in pizza shops) use that. If not, a wooden cutting board will work. Dust it with cornmeal so the dough doesn't stick.
- 15. Cover the loaves with plastic and allow to rise for another 40 minutes. They should roughly double in width.
- 16. Cut each loaf down the middle with the sharpest blade you have. If you don't have anything that is absolutely razor sharp, use a razor blade. You want to cut about a quarter-inch deep in a single quick stroke without sawing back-and-forth. This will prevent the bread from bursting open when it rises in the oven.
- 17. Transfer the loaves onto the baking stone. Leave room between loaves for them to rise some more. If they don't all fit on your stone, put the rest on an upside-down baking sheet.
- 18. Bake at 425° for 10 minutes, then turn the oven down to 400° and bake another 25-30 minutes. To check if they're done, pick one loaf up and thump on the bottom with your thumb. If it has a hollow sound, it's done. If you want really crusty bread, great for dipping in olive oil or marinara sauce, place a pan of water in the bottom of the oven. The steam will keep a skin from forming too fast, giving the bread more time to rise. It will also make the crust crisper. Don't put the loaves near the top. The radiant heat from the top of the stove will brown the crust too much, too fast. Serve immediately with butter, or with olive oil and balsamic vinegar for dipping.
Number Of Ingredients: 7
- 1 pkg (1/4 ounce, 2-1/2 teaspoons) active dry yeast
- 1 1/4 c warm water (105°-115°)
- 3 c all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- cornmeal for dusting
More recipes about crusty italian bread recipes recipes
Homemade Crusty Italian Bread Recipe - Recipes from Italy
Recipe From : recipesfromitaly.comJul 29, 2020 · Directions. Start by preparing the necessary ingredients to make homemade crusty Italian bread recipe. In addition to “00” flour, we will use manitoba flour, because it’s particularly right for leavened products as bread.. In fact, manitoba flour has a high protein content and has a high water absorption power (up to 90% of its weight) so it is perfect for making crusty bread … ...Show details
Crusty Italian Bread Recipe - Delicious Food For You
Recipe From : deliciousfood4u.comJan 03, 2021 · Crusty Italian Bread Recipe. Tags : bread recipe, crusty bread. Categories : Bread recipes, Italian recipes. Ingredients 1. Wheat flour (500gm) 2. fresh brewer’s yeast (25gm) 3. olive oil (25gm) 4. honey (1spoon) 5. lukewarm water (270gm) 6. salt (to taste) Method of preparation:-1. Take lukewarm water and dilute yeast in it and then add ... ...Show details
How to make crusty Italian bread at home
Recipe From : italiankitchenstories.comNov 19, 2020 · The way to achieve perfect crunch on this crusty Italian bread is to bake it in a Dutch oven. First, 20 min covered to let the bread rise and bake, and then 15 minutes without the lid to get … ...Show details
Rustic Italian Crusty Bread Recipe Video • CiaoFlorentina
Recipe From : ciaoflorentina.comDec 09, 2016 · Once your oven is hot sprinkle the pizza stone with some semolina flour or corn meal and carefully slide the bread loaf on top. Bake the bread for about 30 to 45 minutes until golden brown all over and cooked through. Transfer the bread to a cooling rack and allow to cool off completely before slicing into it. ...Show details
Crusty Italian Bread – Best Cooking recipes In the world
Recipe From : recipescool.comJun 04, 2017 · Crusty Italian Bread. makes 2 loaves 1 1/3 cups warm water 2 1/4 teaspoons yeast 1 Tablespoon brown sugar 1 1/2 teaspoons salt 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil 4 cups flour. Directions: Place warm water, yeast and brown sugar in mixing bowl. Stir and let stand for a few minutes until it start to bubble and foam a bit. Add olive oil and salt. ...Show details
How To Make Crusty Italian Bread - How To Cook Like Your
Recipe From : cooklikeyourgrandmother.comDec 11, 2008 · If you want really crusty bread, great for dipping in olive oil or marinara sauce, place a pan of water in the bottom of the oven. The steam will keep a skin from forming too fast, giving the bread … ...Show details
Crusty Italian bread - an easy recipe for the perfect loaf!
Recipe From : eatalianwithroberto.comMar 22, 2020 · Add flour, malt and yeast in the mixer bowl. Start mixing, at minimum speed, slowly adding water. When half of the water is absorbed, add the salt. Go on mixing, adding the remaining water, until the dough is smooth and the glutinic net is created. ...Show details
BEST CRUSTY ITALIAN BREAD RECIPE – Hello!!
Recipe From : ibitour.comBEST CRUSTY ITALIAN BREAD RECIPE: INGREDIENTS LIST : Makes Two loaves 1 1/3 C. warm water 2 1/4 Tsp. yeast 1 Tbsp. brown sugar 1 1/2 Tsp. salt 1 1/2 Tsp. olive oil 4 C. flour HOW TO MAKE IT : step 1-Place warm water, yeast and brown sugar in mixing bowl. Stir and let stand for a few minutes until it start to bubble and foam a bit. ...Show details
Crusty Italian Bread - Blogger
Recipe From : onecrazycookie.blogspot.comJul 13, 2012 · Crusty Italian Bread July 13, 2012 Do you ever picture yourself eating a slice of Italian bread you know the type with the crunchy outside and soft and delicate inside. ...Show details
Crusty Olive Bread - Cooking with Nonna
Recipe From : cookingwithnonna.comBake bread for 40 -60 minutes, depending on size of loaf or until it becomes golden brown and crispy. Once bread has cooled slightly it is ready to enjoy. Eat it on its own, … ...Show details
10 Crusty italian bread recipe ideas | recipes, cooking
Recipe From : pinterest.comNov 18, 2020 - Explore Diane Peraino's board "Crusty italian bread recipe" on Pinterest. See more ideas about recipes, cooking recipes, crusty italian bread recipe. ...Show details
Crispy Italian Bread Recipe - Valentina's Corner
Recipe From : valentinascorner.comMay 20, 2019 · Place 2 cups sifted flour, sugar and yeast into a large mixing bowl and mix. Add 2 cups very warm water and on low speed with a mixer mix for about 1 minute. Cover dough with plastic wrap, let stand 1 hour or until bubbly. Gently stir in oil and salt, stir in 3 cups sifted flour. ...Show details
Crusty No Knead Italian Bread - Savoring Italy
Recipe From : savoringitaly.comApr 20, 2020 · In the bowl of a stand mixer with dough hook attached, dissolve the yeast in the warm water with the sugar and let it proof (5-10 minutes until foamy). In a small bowl, add the flours and salt. Give it a few whisks to combine together. Add the flour … ...Show details
Crusty Italian Bread - Cooking Recipes
Recipe From : ovareviews.comDec 18, 2020 · Crusty Italian Bread Recipe Ingredients : Crusty Italian Bread makes 2 loaves 1 1/3 cups warm water 2 1/4 teaspoons yeast 1 Tablespoon brown sugar 1 1/2 teaspoons salt 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil 4 cups flour. Directions : Place warm water, yeast and brown sugar in mixing bowl. Stir and let stand for a few minutes until it start to bubble and ... ...Show details
Homemade Italian Bread - Easy Crusty Italian Bread Recipe
Recipe From : recipesjust4u.comOct 16, 2018 · This homemade Italian bread recipe has a delightfully crusty texture and farm fresh herb seasoning. The easy recipe is so simple that anyone can easily make a crusty herb bread! Artisan breads like this are always the hit of any gathering. The flavor and texture beats store bought bread … ...Show details
Crusty Italian Bread - Recipes 4 All Days
Recipe From : recipes4day.comMay 06, 2019 · Ingredients : 1 package (2½ teaspoons) active dry yeast 1¼ cups warm water (105-115°) 3 cups bread flour or all-purpose flour 2 teaspoons sugar 1 teaspoon salt 1 tablespoon olive oil cornmeal for dusting ...Show details
Crusty Italian Bread - MasterCook
Recipe From : mastercook.comJan 23, 2017 · Crusty Italian Bread. Crusty Italian Bread. Date Added: 1/23/2017 Source: onecrazycookie.blogspot.com. Want to save this recipe? Save It! Share It! ... Public Recipe Share. Click "Show Link" to generate a url you can copy and paste to your favorite social media site, personal website, blog, etc to share. ...Show details
Crusty Italian Bread - SideChef - Recipes and Meal Ideas
Recipe From : sidechef.comFeb 13, 2020 · Crusty Italian Bread. 5.0. 1 Ratings 169 Saved. SAVE Overview Directions Video Comments Love This Recipe? 169 Saved SAVE RECIPE Cooking with Tovia. Learn to cook with Chef Tovia Gartenberg! You’ll find an assortment of recipes … ...Show details
Recipe: Old Fashioned Crusty Italian Bread - Recipelink.com
Recipe From : recipelink.comOld Fashioned Crusty Italian Bread, Breads, Yeast Breads We collect recipes, old, new, home to thousands of recipes shared by our visitors since 1996. My Recipe Box Menu ...Show details
Crusty Italian Bread | Italian bread recipes, Crusty
Recipe From : pinterest.comMar 14, 2020 · Crusty Italian Bread Recipe | Yummly. 3 · I currently have a double batch rising. This is my third time making this delicious bread. My Italian husband requested I make it again as he cannot get over how. Recipe by yummly. 4.3k. 7 ingredients. Refrigerated. 1 Egg. Baking & Spices. 1 tbsp Brown sugar. 4 cups Flour. ...Show details
Crusty Italian bread recipe - All recipes UK
Recipe From : allrecipes.co.ukFeb 08, 2003 · Place flour, dark brown soft sugar, warm water, salt, olive oil and yeast in the pan of the bread machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer. Select dough cycle; press Start. Deflate the dough and turn it out onto a lightly floured surface. Form dough into two loaves. ...Show details