CURTIDO (SALVADORAN PICKLED SLAW)
This is a condiment served with almost any meal in El Salvador. It goes great with tamales and pupusas!
Recipe From allrecipes.com
Provided by Nahum and Brandi
Categories Side Dish,Sauces and Condiments Recipes,Canning and Preserving Recipes,Pickled
- Mix cabbage, onion, carrot, and chile peppers together in a large bowl. Sprinkle salt evenly on top. Cover with boiling water. Cool to room temperature, about 1 hour.
- Pour vinegar over cabbage mixture; add oregano. Mix together carefully.
- Cover and refrigerate until flavors combine, 8 hours to overnight.
Number Of Ingredients: 8
- 1 head cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 white onion, halved and sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 4 red bird's eye chile peppers, grated
- 1 ½ tablespoons salt, or to taste
- 3 cups boiling water
- ½ cup vinegar
- 1 tablespoon oregano
More recipes about curtido recipes
Easy Curtido Recipe (Salvadoran) - Tastes Better from Scratchhttps://tastesbetterfromscratch.com/curtido
Recipe From : tastesbetterfromscratch.comMay 30, 2019 · Curtido is a Salvadoran cabbage slaw or relish made with finely shredded cabbage, red onion, carrot, oregano, and vinegar. This is a must-try, authentic Salvadorian recipe. … ...Show details
time-to-make course main-ingredient cuisine preparation occasion north-american low-protein healthy salads condiments-etc vegetables easy central-american potluck low-fat picnic dietary low-cholesterol low-saturated-fat low-calorie low-carb healthy-2 guatemalan low-in-something carrots to-go 3-steps-or-less 4-hours-or-less