Make and share this Drunk Sausages recipe from Food.com.
Recipe From food.com
Provided by Darlene Summers
Yield 20 appetizers, 20 serving(s)
- Combine all but smokies in a small saucepan; add sausages and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Serve with toothpicks or fancy picks.
Number Of Ingredients: 5
- 1/2 cup Bourbon
- 3/4 cup catsup
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons chopped onions
- 1 (16 ounce) package Little Smokies sausages
As with a lot of foods, this one is better made the day before so the flavors can all absorb. I reheat in my slow cooker for parties as an appetizer or over a hearty pasta for a meal.
Recipe From justapinch.com
Provided by Shelley Maurer
Categories Meat Appetizers
- 1. Slow roast Italian sausage. Drain off grease and cool slightly. Slice diagonally.
- 2. Clean and slice peppers into 3/4 inch slices.
- 3. Clean and slice onion into 1/2 inch slices.
- 4. Sauté peppers and onion in olive oil until tender. Add garlic, sliced sausage, wine and red pepper flakes. Stir in tomato paste and simmer until wine is reduced to almost nothing.
- 5. Serve with slices of a crusty baguette, on a bomber bun or over pasta
Number Of Ingredients: 8
- 12 italian sausage links (i.e. hot, mild or sweet)
- 4-6 multi-colored peppers (i use red, yellow and orange)
- 1 large onion
- 2-3 clove garlic, crushed
- olive oil
- crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 bottle red wine - 750 ml (i.e. chianti, merlot, whatever you have on hand that you don't mind cooking with)
- 1 can(s) tomato paste, smalll
DRUNKEN SAUSAGES AND PEPPERS WITH HERO ROLLS
Recipe From epicurious.com
Provided by Dave Lieberman
Yield Makes 8 to 10 servings
Categories Beer,Garlic,Onion,Bake,Sauté,Sausage,Bell Pepper,Fall,Tailgating
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Heat a large, ovenproof, nonstick skillet (no plastic handles!) over medium-high heat. Add the sausages and cook them, turning once in a while, until they're nice and brown almost all over, about 10 minutes. (They'll curl up a little as they cook, so it'll be hard to brown them on all sides. Don't sweat it.) Poke each link 4 or 5 times with a fork as they cook to release some of their juices.
- Remove the sausages from the pan and set aside. Press the garlic into the juices in the pan, stir it around until you can smell it, and then add the peppers. Season them lightly with salt and red pepper, and cook about 8 minutes, tossing them around until they're wilted and starting to brown. Add the sausages to the pan.
- Pour the beer, bring it to a boil, and then put the pan in the oven. Cook until most of the liquid has evaporated (you'll want a little to spoon on the sandwiches), the peppers are tender, and the parts of the sausages poking up are browned, 25 to 30 minutes. You can make the sausages and peppers before people come over and then heat them over low heat half an hour beore you're ready to serve. Serve hot along with a basket or plate of hero rolls, split open and ready for stuffing.
Number Of Ingredients: 6
- 2 pounds Italian sausage (I like them with fennel seeds)
- 6 small garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 each red, yellow, and green bell peppers, cored, seeded, and cut into thin strips
- 3 or 4 pinches crushed red pepper
- 3/4 cup (half a can) beer of your choice
This easy appetizer is perfect for your pre-game football tailgating parties or other special occasions.
Recipe From allrecipes.com
Provided by Travelbug
Categories Appetizers and Snacks,Spicy
- Pour the ketchup and barbecue sauce into a slow cooker. Stir in the brown sugar, whiskey, and sausage. Set on Low, and cook for 6 hours. Serve hot with toothpicks.
Number Of Ingredients: 6
- 1 (14 ounce) bottle ketchup
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle barbeque sauce
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup whiskey
- 1 (16 ounce) package kielbasa sausage, sliced into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 box toothpicks
ITALIAN "DRUNKEN" NOODLES WITH SPICY ITALIAN SAUSAGE
Make and share this Italian "Drunken" Noodles With Spicy Italian Sausage recipe from Food.com.
Recipe From food.com
Provided by eleno5485
Yield 4 , 4 serving(s)
- -Place a large, heavy-bottom pan or braising pot over medium-high heat; add about 2 tablespoons of olive oil, and once the oil is hot, crumble the spicy Italian sausage into the pan in small chunks (you want to keep the sausage fairly chunky), allowing it to brown in the oil for a few moments on each side; once the crumbled sausage is browned, remove it from the pan/pot with a slotted spoon and place into a small bowl to hold for a moment; next, add the sliced onion into the pan with the sausage drippings, and allow it to caramelize and become golden for roughly 5 minutes or so, stirring to keep it from burning (add a touch more olive oil, if necessary); once the onion starts to become golden, add the salt, Italian seasoning and cracked black pepper, and stir to combine, then add in the sliced bell peppers, and allow those to saute with the onion for about 2 minutes until slightly tender and golden; next, add in the garlic, and once it becomes aromatic, add in the white wine and allow it to reduce for a few moments, until almost completely reduced; next, add in the diced tomatoes with their juice, and return the browned spicy Italian sausage back into the pan, and gently fold the mixture to combine; allow it to gently simmer for about 3-4 minutes to blend the flavors, then turn the heat off; to finish the sauce, drizzle in about 2-3 good tablespoons of the olive oil to create a silky, rich flavor, and add in the chopped parsley and about half of the julienned basil; stir, and keep warm while you prepare the noodles.
- -Prepare the pappardelle noodles according to instructions on package; then, drain the noodles very well, and add them directly into the sauce, using tongs to gently toss and combine the pappardelle noodles with the sauce and all of the ingredients in it; check the seasoning to see if you need to add any additional salt or pepper.
- -To serve, add equal portions of the "Drunken" noodles to bowls, and garnish with a sprinkle of the remaining julienned basil; you can even top with shaved Parmesan, if desired, and an extra drizzle of olive oil.
Number Of Ingredients: 15
- olive oil
- 1 lb Italian chicken sausage
- 1 large onion, quartered and sliced thinly
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 orange bell pepper, cored and thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, pressed through garlic press
- 1/2 cup white wine (I used Chardonnay)
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaf, julienned, divided use
- 1/2 lb pappardelle pasta
More recipes about drunk sausages recipes
Drunken Sausages - Recipe | Cooks.com
Recipe From : cooks.comMay 04, 2015 · Slice sausage in 1/4 inch slices. Mix bourbon, chili sauce and brown sugar. ...Show details
Drunken Sausages Recipe - CookEatShare
Recipe From : cookeatshare.comSep 10, 2008 · Directions Slice sausage in 1/4 inch slices. Mix bourbon, chili sauce and brown sugar. ...Show details
The Best Recipes Featuring Sausage | Martha Stewart
Recipe From : marthastewart.comMay 20, 2020 · In this one-pan meal, which is perfect for fall, Italian sausage roasts alongside green cabbage, red onion, and kabocha squash. Another easy, family-friendly winner is our recipe for Orecchiette with Sausage, Chard, and Parsnips; it's just as comforting as it sounds. The rich, fatty flavors from the sausages enhance every bite. ...Show details
15 Easy Sausage Dinner Recipes | Allrecipes
Recipe From : allrecipes.comJul 11, 2020 · Whether you like a basic hot dog, a sassy bratwurst, spicy chorizo, or tangy Italian sausage in your tomato sauce, sausage is one of those foods that everyone loves. There is a sausage in every culture, and starring every type of meat. From the dried, slightly sweet pork Chinese sticks to fat veal-based German weisswurst, cured or raw, sausage … ...Show details
Drunken Clams and Sausage | Nutmeg Nanny
Recipe From : nutmegnanny.comDec 22, 2014 · In a large skillet set over medium heat add olive oil. Once the oil is hot add in sausage and begin to brown. Make sure to break up the sausage has it cooks. … ...Show details
Grilled Drunken Sausage - Old Neighborhood Foods
Recipe From : 2020.oldneighborhoodfoods.comIn a sauce pan, bring sausage and beer to a boil. Remove from heat and slice the sausage in half. Place sausage, onions and peppers on grill and cook for 5-7 minutes, until peppers and onions soften. Split rolls in half. ...Show details
Drunken Sausage - Hasty Bake Grill Recipes - The Outdoor
Recipe From : recipes.hastybake.comOct 28, 2015 · Pour the beer in the aluminum pan, then add the sausages. Put the pan on the Hasty-Bake and close the lid. Bake for about 20 minutes or the internal temperature of the sausage reaches 140-145 degrees. … ...Show details
Italian Drunken Noodles With Spicy Italian Sausage – Tasty
Recipe From : tastyandelicious.comJul 06, 2020 · -When the crumbled sausage is browned, remove it from the pan/pot with a slotted spoon and place into a small bowl to hold for a moment; -Next, add the sliced onion into the pan with the sausage drippings, and allow it to caramelize and become golden for roughly 5 minutes or so, stirring to keep it from burning (add a touch more olive oil, if ... ...Show details
The Best Beer Pairings for Grilled Sausages | Serious Eats
Recipe From : drinks.seriouseats.comJun 16, 2011 · Elk Sausage with Mushroom and Cherry: This sausage was made for beer. The lean elk meat has a slightly gamey flavor that is enhanced by earthy mushrooms. This sausage fared well with the toasty, roasty, smoky, caramel, and … ...Show details
8 Pickled smoked sausage recipe ideas | sausage recipes
Recipe From : pinterest.comFeb 6, 2020 - Explore Robert Merrill's board "Pickled smoked sausage recipe" on Pinterest. See more ideas about sausage recipes, pickled sausage, pickling recipes. ...Show details
Smoked Sausage Recipes | TigerDroppings.com
Recipe From : tigerdroppings.comMay 12, 2021 · Brown your sausage, remove, add chopped onions, sweat down till softened, add a large can of tomato sauce, cook on low for 30 minutes, serve over … ...Show details
Drunken Kielbasa Recipe | CDKitchen.com
Recipe From : cdkitchen.comIn a bowl, stir together the chili sauce, bourbon, and brown sugar. Mix until the brown sugar dissolves. Pour the mixture over the kielbasa and gently stir to coat. Place the … ...Show details
31 Easy Keto Sausage Recipes - What Kind of Sausage for
Recipe From : parade.comOct 16, 2020 · These 31 easy keto sausage recipes prove breakfast, lunch and dinner don't have to be boring when there are so many keto-friendly dishes featuring Italian sausage, chorizo, turkey sausage and more. ...Show details
Pork and Duck Sausage - Saveur: Authentic Recipes, Food
Recipe From : saveur.comMar 18, 2019 · Ingredients. 1 tbsp. whole black peppercorns 1 tsp. caraway seeds 1 tsp. whole allspice berries 1 ⁄ 2 tsp. juniper berries ; 4 whole cloves 2 bay leaves, torn into pieces ...Show details
Sausage Recipes - Favorite Homemade Sausage Recipes
Recipe From : meatprocessingproducts.comEmail Us [email protected] Customer Service Hours: Mon - Fri 8am - 8pm EST Saturday - 11am to 3pm EST Excluding Holidays ...Show details
Recipe - Slow Cooker Curried Sausages - Updated - TFDM The
Recipe From : flyingdrunkenmonkey.comJul 03, 2014 · Heat a medium saucepan over medium heat and aid oil of choice. Saute onions until golden and caramelized. Heat a small saucepan over medium-low heat. … ...Show details
Chef Kosta Kontogiannis' Game-Ready Sausage Tailgating
Recipe From : themanual.comOct 19, 2017 · Traditionally, the sausages are made of a pork and beef blend and, after being smoked, are served with herbs, onion, and chili sauce. You can find this game -ready tailgating recipe … ...Show details
Sausage And Mushroom Pretzel Bread Stuffing Recipe
Recipe From : huffpost.comNov 18, 2019 · Heat a large skillet over medium heat with olive oil. Add turkey sausage, breaking up with spoon, and cook until browned and no longer pink, about 7 to 10 minutes. Use slotted spoon to transfer to bowl with bread cubes. 3. ...Show details
How BEYOND makes THEIR VEGAN SAUSAGE SOOOO REAL - …
Recipe From : youtube.comI have been wanting to make a Plant Based Sausage for a while. Really I wanted to copy the Beyond Sausage because of how good it's casing is! Beyond Meat per... ...Show details