This is a spin off of a Southern tradition, drunk chicken. The turkey stays so juicy and truly absorbs every bit of seasoning.
Recipe From food.com
Provided by Chef Melisa J
Yield 8-10 serving(s)
Categories Whole Turkey
- Thaw the turkey and place in a roasting pan. Put 2 sticks of butter in the cavity of the turkey. Take 1/2 stick of butter and rub on the turkey itself. Pour 1/4 can of beer in the bottom of the roasting pan. Place desired amount of seasonings in the beer can (we love tons of flavor, so we use about 1 tablespoons each of garlic salt, cajun seasoning and greek seasoning and 1 teaspoons of onion salt. Place can into the cavity of turkey, top first. Leave the can sticking out of the cavity a couple of inches. Pat seasonings on the buttered turkey. Cover with aluminum foil. Cook as directed on bird.
Number Of Ingredients: 7
- 1 large turkey
- 1 (24 ounce) can beer
- 1 1/4 cups butter
- 2 1/2 tablespoons garlic salt
- 2 1/2 tablespoons tony chachere's cajun seasoning
- 2 1/2 tablespoons all purpose Greek seasoning
- 1 1/2 teaspoons onion salt
GOOD OLD FASHIONED DRUNKEN TURKEY
This recipe came from much interest in the whiskey sitting in my cabinet for much too long. I was sure that people kept it around for some reason. I tried a sip...not bad. Decided my turkey might enjoy some too. Turns out the turkey liked it even better than I did! Hope you will to.
Recipe From food.com
Provided by TishT
Yield 1 turkey
Categories Whole Turkey
- Rub turkey with olive oil massaging it gently and roughly alternatively the turkey likes to be fondled for some reason.
- Then sprinkle the marjoram over the bird.
- Again make sure the turkey is covered-- she doesn't enjoy bare breasts or legs!
- Using the needle and syringe, inject the turkey with 1/2 cup of old expensive whiskey in various locations.
- When you are sure you have enough alcohol in it, spread its legs and throw in some marjoram then tress the cavity.
- Loosely cover the bird with aluminum foil.
- Place in oven, consistently basting it with the liquid on the bottom (composed of water, vegetable scraps, and the juices from the hot, wet steamy bird).
- Baste approximately every thirty minutes for the recommended time: About 4 1/2 hours for a 16-20 pound bird at 325F or until internal turkey temperature is 185F During the last hour of baking, coat turkey with whisky or other liquor every 15 minutes.
- To make gravy: Take the bird out of the pan to cut.
- Skim off the gunk and take out the remains of the vegetable scraps.
- Put the pan over a burner on the stove and turn on medium heat.
- Make a sludge of a few spoons of flour and a little cold water, and mix into the hot pan liquids, stirring and scraping the pan.
- Throw in some scraps of meat and reduce liquid by 1/3.
- Have a drink of whiskey and enjoy!
Number Of Ingredients: 6
- 1 turkey (>22 pounds)
- old expensive whiskey
- olive oil
- aromatic vegetables, scraps (carrots, onions, celery, etc.)
Recipe From epicurious.com
- 2-3 DAYS AHEAD: Make a marinade by grating the onion, bay leaves, thyme, cilantro, pepper, and garlic together and mixing with the wine. Marinate the turkey for 2+ days in the refrigerator, leaving it well covered. Turn it twice a day. (Personally, I like to put the bird in a garbage bag in a bucket for this step.) Remove the bird from the refrigerator to clean it. Dry it and then leave it to warm to room temperature. Preheat the over to 350 degrees. Inject the bird all over with a mix of soy sauce and white wine, the proportion of which should be agreeable to the taste - not salty. Mix together salt, pepper, melted butter, and some lemon and baste the bird with it. If you choose not to stuff it, you must nevertheless fill the cavity with white onions and/or apples cut into big pieces to keep the bird moist. Or, use the stuffing that you normally do. Strain the red wine marinade and set aside so that you can use it to wet the bird several times during the cooking. Cover the bird with tin foil and put in the oven, breast down. Wet the bird with the strained marinade every 30 minutes. Cook until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees. Towards the very end - more or less 45 min before it is ready- turn and uncover the turkey and grease it with more butter so that it turns brown. However, if it starts to brown too much, re-cover it with the foil. (I don't put it on broil because it burns when I do this.) Leave it to cool to room temperature, bathing it often with the hot broth it released during the cooking, but having removed the grease beforehand so that it is not too fatty. Carving should be done in such as way so that the knife is perpendicular to the carcass - that is, each slice should contain meat close to the outside and to the bone. Drizzle with either the juices from cooking or gravy as you carve, to keep it moist.
Number Of Ingredients: 20
- 3+ bottles of inexpensive red wine (sufficient to cover at least 1/2 of bird)
- 1 bottle white wine
- soy sauce
- small handful or so of each of the following:
- bay leaves
- garlic cloves
- HELPFUL TOOLS:
- garbage bag
- turkey turner utensil set
- flavor injector / syringe
- meat thermometer
DRUNKEN TURKEY RECIPE - (4.4/5)
Recipe From keyingredient.com
Provided by Dr_Mom
- 1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees, Rinse turkey, pat dry all over and salt the cavity. 2. Combine the dried fruits, raisins, apples and jalapenos (if using) in a medium bowl. Add the liquors and orange juice and let sit for 15 minutes. Drain the fruit and reserve the soaking liquids. Combine the sliced butter with the fruit 3) Fill a basting/injector with the soaking liquids and inject into the turkey, trying to distribute it evenly over the entire turkey 4) Stuff the turkey with the fruit. Melt the remaining butter and pour over the turkey. Place on a roasting rack in a pan, tent with foil and roast for 2.5 hours basting with the pan drippings (add more orange juice if necessary). Remove the foil for the last 1/2 hr to allow the skin to brown. 5) When ready to serve, scoop out the fruit and puree half if it. Place the rest in a serving dish. Mix the pan drippings (defatted) with the fruit puree and pour over the fruit or serve in a gravy dish. If it's too thick you can thin the gravy with poultry stock
Number Of Ingredients: 9
- 12 lb fresh or thawed turkey
- 2 lbs. dried mixed fruits
- 1 c. white raisins
- 4 Granny Smith apples, cored, quartered and cut into 1" wedges
- 3 oranges, juiced or 1 c. fresh orange juice
- 1 c. dark tequila
- 1 c. Grand Marnier
- 1.5 sticks of butter one stick cut into 1/8 slices
- 1 jalapeno pepper, diced (optional)
I love beer butt chicken so I figured why not turkey. But have you ever sat a turkey on a little beer can?? Oy!! But i have made this recipe 3 times this season already 2-23lb turkeys and 1-12lb and it received rave reviews from everyone...Be sure to use the juices to make the best gravey you have ever tried. Enjoy.
Recipe From justapinch.com
Provided by Cynthia Binsfield
- 1. Preheat oven to 325.
- 2. Pull out turkey neck and organs. Rinse turkey inside and out, neck and organs. Place everything in roasting pan.
- 3. Pour beer in and around turkey. Pout water around turkey.
- 4. Cut 1/2 onion in large wedges the other 1/2 in smaller wedges. Place 3 large wedges inside of turkey. All other wedges large and small around turkey
- 5. Place about a handfull if baby carrots inside turkey. Scatter all other carrots around turkey.
- 6. Be sure to use all of celery including the leaves and inside stalks. Chop leaves and inside stalks. Place inside turkey. Chop rest of celery and place around turkey.
- 7. Take 1 tablespoon of butter cut in half and spread under skin of turkey by breast. Take other tablespoon of butter and rub all over outside of turkey.
- 8. Rub olive oil all over outside of turkey.
- 9. Season turkey, inside and out, and the vegetables and beer broth around turkey with salt and pepper. Sprinkle rosemary all over turkey inside and out.
- 10. Cover turkey with foil. Place in oven set at 325 and bake covered for about 3 hours. Uncover and roast for remaining time basting with juices often. Most directions say about 4 hours but count on it taking longer.
- 11. When done, remove Turkey from oven, cover with foil and let rest for 20 minutes.
- 12. Place turkey on platter, spoon vegetables around turkey and serve.
Number Of Ingredients: 10
- 12 lb Turkey
- 1 - 12 oz Bottled Beer, (Blue Moon)
- 1 c Water
- 1 large Yellow Onion
- 1 lb Baby Carrots
- 4 large Celery Stalks
- 2 Tbsp Butter (Smart Balance)
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil, Extra Virgin
- 1 Tbsp Dried Rosemary
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
Recipe From foodnetwork.com
Provided by Geoffrey Zakarian
Yield 1 drink
- Put a handful of cranberries in a small bowl and cover with some Simple Syrup. Let soak until slightly softened, about 1 hour. Chill a copper mule glass.
- Put the vodka, orange juice, cranberry juice and 1/2 ounce Simple Syrup into a cocktail shaker filled with large ice cubes. Shake vigorously and reopen. Add the ginger beer and tumble-roll back and forth one time to mix in the ginger beer. Strain into the chilled copper mule glass. Garnish with 3 cranberries and serve.
- Combine the sugar and 1 cup water in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Cook, stirring, until the sugar dissolves. Remove from the heat and let cool completely. Keep covered in the refrigerator up to 1 month.
Number Of Ingredients: 7
- Dried cranberries, for garnish
- 1/2 ounce Simple Syrup, recipe follows, plus more for soaking the cranberries
- 1 1/2 ounces vodka
- 1 ounce orange juice
- 1 ounce unfiltered cranberry juice
- 1 ounce ginger beer
- 1 cup sugar
Recipe From foodnetwork.com
Provided by Cat Cora
Yield 10-12 servings
- Preheat a grill to medium (about 350 degrees F) on one side. Pour the beer into a turkey sitter (a ceramic stand that holds liquid). Or open the beer can, pour out a few tablespoons and place in a beer-can turkey stand.
- Combine the mustard powder, garlic powder, dried onion, paprika, granulated garlic, cumin, and salt and pepper to taste in a small bowl.
- Remove the neck, giblets and any excess fat from the turkey; discard. Rinse the turkey under cold water and pat dry with paper towels. Rub the cavity with 2 to 3 teaspoons of the spice mixture. Brush the outside of the turkey with the canola oil and place drumstick-end down on the sitter or stand. Rub the remaining spice mixture all over the turkey.
- Place the turkey (on the sitter or stand) on the cooler side of the grill. Cover and cook until the juices run clear and a thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh registers 185 degrees F and 170 degrees F in the breast, 2 to 3 hours. Carefully remove the turkey from the grill, remove from the sitter or stand, and discard the beer. Transfer the turkey to a cutting board and let rest at least 20 minutes before carving.
Number Of Ingredients: 10
- 12 to 24 ounces beer (in a can if using a beer-can turkey stand)
- 2 teaspoons spicy mustard powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon smoked Spanish paprika
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon ground smoked cumin
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 9-to-10-pound turkey (thawed if frozen)
- 1/4 cup canola oil
More recipes about drunk turkey recipes
RECIPE: “Drunk on Turkey” — Marquette Turner Luxury Homes
Recipe From : marquetteturner.comStir the bourbon, honey, tomato sauce and brown sugar together in a bowl. Brush the turkey well with the glaze, and bake30 minutes, brushing and turning every five minutes. (If using two pans, rotate them after 15 minutes.) To serve, place the turkey on a large platter and serve with fresh breads, salads, cous cous or … ...Show details
Drunken Turkey Recipe | CDKitchen.com
Recipe From : cdkitchen.comPreheat oven to 325 degrees F. Rinse turkey and pat dry inside and out. Set aside. Combine dried fruit, raisins, and apples in a medium-size bowl. Put orange juice and … ...Show details
Bay Area chef welcomes pavo borracho, or drunken turkey
Recipe From : sfchronicle.comDec 20, 2019 · Combine the butter with the lemon juice, garlic, Dijon mustard, salt and ground pepper into a paste. Rub the turkey with this paste. Place the turkey in a large baking dish or zip-top bag and pour... ...Show details
Drunken Turkey Recipe - YouTube
Recipe From : youtube.comNov 15, 2009 · Be sure to cook the turkey until the breast is 155 degF (it will climb up to 160F after removal). Let it rest 15-20 minutes, then carve with a sharp, non-serrated knife. The meat will be a little ... ...Show details
Drunken Noodles (Pad Kee Mao) with Ground Turkey - The
Recipe From : theroastedroot.netJan 20, 2021 · Stir together the liquid aminos, water, oyster sauce, fish sauce, coconut sugar, and sriracha in a small bowl and set aside. Heat the avocado oil in a large skillet or wok and add the ground turkey. Allow it to brown without touching for 3 minutes. Flip … ...Show details
How to Cook a Turkey…with a Little Help from Wine. | Blog
Recipe From : blogyourwine.comNov 19, 2012 · best turkey funny meme How to cook a thanksgiving turkey How to Cook a Turkey meme wine mem. Kris Chislett . Website ; Previous article Fulcrum “Floodgate Vineyard” Pinot Noir, Russian River Valley, Sonoma. Next article Recipe for Thanksgiving in a Glass. You may also like . February 12, 2015. Redefining the Food Pyramid. June 1, 2014 ... ...Show details
Smoked Beer-Can Turkey Recipe | Serious Eats
Recipe From : seriouseats.comNov 03, 2012 · Cover and smoke until an instant read thermometer registers 160°F in the thickest part of the breast, about 2 to 3 hours. 5. Remove the turkey from the smoker … ...Show details
Drunken Turkey Recipe | RecipeLand.com
Recipe From : recipeland.comJan 28, 1996 · Combine dried fruit, raisins, and apples in a medium-size bowl. Put orange juice and chiles (with sauce that clings to them) into a blender or food processor and process for 1 minute. Add 1 cup each of tequila and Grand Marnier, then pour the mixture over the fruit and let rest 15 minutes. Drain the fruit, reserving the liquid. ...Show details
Drunken Turkey Recipe - Cajun Cooking Recipes
Recipe From : cajuncookingrecipes.comStuff cavity of the turkey with most of the fruit. Place the turkey in a roasting bag, arrange remaining fruit on top of the bird and pour reserved orange juice-liquor mix over it. Combine remaining tequila and Grand Marnier. Have ready a basting syringe fitted with a metal injection nozzle and inject the mixture all over the turkey. ...Show details
20 Ground Turkey Recipes That Don't Skimp on Flavor
Recipe From : allrecipes.comGround turkey brings as much meaty flavor to dishes as ground beef and bulks up recipes all the same. Plus, thanks to ground turkey's lower fat content, you can incorporate other tasty fats into your cooking (olive oil! cheese!) without it resulting in overly-greasy food. Read on for 20 of our most delicious ground turkey recipes. ...Show details
Drunken Turkey Recipe by TRUEBLUE805ER - Cookpad
Recipe From : cookpad.comMarinade turkey with the garlic and herb a day before. Leave in fridge over night then sprinkle seasoning all over and rub on turkey. Place in the grill with foil over pan and cook for 4 hrs at 350 F ...Show details
Drunken Turkey - Recipe | Cooks.com
Recipe From : cooks.comApr 26, 2013 · DRUNKEN TURKEY Melt together 1/2 stick of butter and 1/2 cup cooking sherry. Take a meat injector and inject above liquid into the meaty part of the turkey. Inject in several different spots. ...Show details
Drunken Turkey Recipe - How To Make Drunken Turkey - How
Recipe From : indobase.comWash turkey and pat dry thoroughly with paper towel then set aside. Mix dried fruit, raisins, and apples in a medium size bowl. Put juice and chilies, with sauce that clings to them into a blender or food processor and process for 1 minute. Add 1 cup each of tequila and grand marnier, then pour the mixture over the fruit and let rest 15 minutes. ...Show details
50 Ground Turkey Recipes That Make Going Lean Taste Great
Recipe From : tasteofhome.comMar 18, 2019 · If you're looking for a ground turkey recipe that delivers, this is the one! The filling is flavorful and the peppers add some nice heat. You can easily stuff them ahead of time and bake them up when you're ready. —Ola Snow, Powell, Ohio. Get Recipe … ...Show details
Drunk turkey bites recipe
Recipe From : crecipe.comDrunk turkey bites recipe. Learn how to cook great Drunk turkey bites . Crecipe.com deliver fine selection of quality Drunk turkey bites recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips. Get one of our Drunk turkey bites recipe and prepare delicious and … ...Show details
Wild Turkey Bourbon Drink Recipes | Bourbon & Banter
Recipe From : bourbonbanter.comFeb 02, 2013 · 1 oz. Wild Turkey 101 3/4 oz. Wild Turkey 81 1/2 oz. Lemon juice 1/2 oz. Aperol 1/2 oz. Maple Syrup. Combine all ingredients, shake vigorously and serve in a high ball glass. Garnish with a wedge of lemon. Want even more Bourbon drink recipes? Click here to check out a few more we’ve got up on the shelves. ...Show details
Aha! Jokes > Fun Pages > How to Cook a Turkey
Recipe From : ahajokes.comStep 3: Put turkey in the oven Step 4: Take another 2 drinks of whiskey Step 5: Set the degree at 375 ovens Step 6: Take 3 more whiskeys of drink Step 7: Turn oven the on Step 8: Take 4 whisks of drinky Step 9: Turk the bastey Step 10: Whiskey another bottle of get Step 11: Stick a turkey in the thermometer Step 12: Glass yourself a pour of whiskey ...Show details
2 Wild Turkey Drink Recipes You Need To Try
Recipe From : thevoiceofwoman.comWild Turkey Drink Recipes: 1. Wild Turkey’s Manhattan . Closely related to the popular trio that includes Manhattan 101, this one is a favorite of many. The making of this drink starts similar to how you make a classic Manhattan 101 but then there is an interesting turn with the addition of mint and ginger to it. ...Show details