Easy Coffee Cake 1965
QUICK COFFEE CAKE
This coffee cake is wonderful, the cake itself it moist and delicious while the topping is slightly crunchy and sweeter. Together, they make a delightful combination that you will surely enjoy!
Recipe From allrecipes.com
Provided by Stephanie
Categories Dessert Recipes,Cakes,Coffee Cake Recipes
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9 inch square pan.
- In a large bowl mix together the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt. Cut in the shortening with a pastry blender to the size of small peas.
- In a separate small bowl, beat the egg well, then stir in the milk and vanilla. Add the egg-milk mixture to the flour mixture all at once. Stir carefully until just blended.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and spread evenly. Drizzle top with melted butter.
- In a small bowl mix together brown sugar, 2 tablespoons flour and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Sprinkle on top of cake. Bake in the preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
Number Of Ingredients: 12
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 6 tablespoons white sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup shortening
- ½ cup milk
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
More recipes about easy coffee cake 1965 recipes
Old Fashioned Coffee Cake | CopyKat Recipeshttps://copykat.com/old-fashioned-coffee-cake-topped-with-a
Recipe From : copykat.comFeb 14, 2021 · An old fashioned cinnamon coffee cake makes a wonderfully simple and satisfying dessert or snack. This Easy Coffee Cake recipe is light, with just a touch of sweetness that pairs well with coffee, tea, or milk. Once you try this homemade coffee cake… ...Show details
60-minutes-or-less time-to-make course preparation breads lunch coffee-cakes dietary low-cholesterol healthy-2 low-in-something